Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Image1-1.gif

Moving right along...

(tease tease tease)

Last edited:

Deuce

It will happen, and is being worked on. Script dump has been obtained and translation is in process. NeoCD version only.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
YOU GUYS ARE SEX!

Ohsnapz!

any idea on the price?

Deuce

No price. Translation patch.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
MMM, romz :buttrock:

I've not tried so i dont know, but a homebrew CD like this will work on the CD console, right?

Deuce

Presumably. I've never tried it, as I have not had a NeoCD console in years. It should, though... as far as I know, there was no real piracy protection on it, so CD-Rs work fine, I think. I don't know of any reason why this wouldn't work, as there's no ASM hackery going on.

When all is said and done, one should hypothetically be able to copy one's SSRPG disc to ISO form, apply the patch and reburn.

Deuce

Not worth the bother. NeoCD version is the best of the three anyway, and I don't have the means to translate the others.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
hey man if you do this i will be forever in your debt. also if you got a neo cdz (like i do) there is a protection issue. you need a certain patch so that the cdz will see the cd as an original. this only applies to newer games after 95

(from pulstar onward they got protection, i know since we were burning them back in 94/95. me and 2 buddies had toploaders. so 1 would buy the game, 2 others would copy, other would buy and we would repeat, i would buy and the shit would be repeated again. those were the days man).

i remember getting a cdz and throwing away some games like MS1 & ssrpg since they didnt work on the cdz cause of the protection. thank goodness i knew a dutch member on these boards who had all the isos with the patch so that they would work on my cdz. almost half of my games are copied and all with patch so that theyll work on the cdz. thus if you release it please do it with the patch so i can play it on my cdz and throw away my japanese copy. also the only thing that will be changed is the japanese kanji into english right? everything else will be the same as the japanese version right?

again you made my day man. ive been waiting for this news for years. now i can finally say fuck the faqs and just read were i need to go next:glee: .too bad the neo didnt have as large a fanbase as the snes, since my lil bros pretty much finished almost all of the better snes rpgs years ago, since they were translated years ago by fans.

Last edited:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Awsome, please keep it up. Many Samurai Shodown fans have been waiting many years for this to happen.

SSS

neo retired
ten years later...

Can't wait for this. Fucking awesome.

Deuce

I can't help you with any kind of anti-piracy patching. I know absolutely nothing about that kind of thing. But yes, it will be identical to the original Japanese beyond the translation of the Japanese text. If you (or anyone else) can provide me the info needed to patch the ISO for this purpose, feel free to let me know... otherwise, people will be on their own in this regard, unless they want to play it on an emulator.

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
This is awesome news, great job! :buttrock:

I can't wait for this to be done.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
Deuce said:
I can't help you with any kind of anti-piracy patching. I know absolutely nothing about that kind of thing. But yes, it will be identical to the original Japanese beyond the translation of the Japanese text. If you (or anyone else) can provide me the info needed to patch the ISO for this purpose, feel free to let me know... otherwise, people will be on their own in this regard, unless they want to play it on an emulator.

ill ask the guy what patch is needed. i still have some of the iso on the pc, but when opening with winrar i only see the 2 files needed for burning and the songs in numbers. like 1, 2, 3 and so on.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
I'm looking forward to this too. SSRPG was one of the games that came with my top loader when I got it and I've never been able to do anything with it.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Murray said:
I'm looking forward to this too. SSRPG was one of the games that came with my top loader when I got it and I've never been able to do anything with it.
If you're interested in trying something like this to see if it helps you get started, let me know.

Deuce

More teasers, just to help prove this isn't hoax...

Trying to figure out why I'm having difficulty with battle text.

Image2.gif

Image3.gif

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
Kazuki Dash said:
If you're interested in trying something like this to see if it helps you get started, let me know.
I saw that thread. It's helpful, but just not the same as playing it through in english. Thanks anyway, though. :)

Dazz_Kyo

Goal! Goal! Goal!
Im game, although an actual release would have been much better

Deuce

Dazz_Kyo said:
Im game, although an actual release would have been much better

One should not look a gift horse in the mouth. The patch will be free, so quitcherbitchin'.