SSRPG English Translation (!)

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
DeuceBag still a faggot?

IBVdCTo.gif

I would say so, as was called correctly in another thread, as well as a c0ck-flashing criminal cheat of epic proportions!

So, remember how he sort of got everyone's hopes up again with the progress videos and posts that this translation project would resume ??

Well, we now have a final conclusion to this saga worth closing out his old thread with...in miserable failure...

https://twitter.com/MoriyaMug/status/692706236291219457
Deuce_Bagged_SSRPGProject.png

Apparently, he had HDDs and even a memory stick go bad ? Never developed any prudent backup habits in all his years ??

So there ya go, The DeuceBagger... But hey, that's OK, he once left this forum some cock shots way back I heard... You got that at least to remember him by, somewhere, right ?? ;)

EDIT: Oh wait, hold up, slight update... There might be a chance that his "unfinished beta" gets free. He's still got *something* left by the looks of it:

DeuceBag said:
If it turns out that my work files are lost, then the only thing left to do would be to toss the unfinished beta into the wild and wash my hands of the whole thing.

That was on Youtube 2 weeks ago before this newer Twitter post though... What to believe from his ass exactly then ??

Last edited:

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
you know it's real when Nightwolve gets involved. I managed to get through a few parts of this game, but I just never had time. I ended up doing a few words in english, etc. using the french copy. I usually only have a few hours to kill a week with "hobbies". I still have NGPC translations to work on.

Newsdee

Rugal's Thug
Is the French translation done? I think there was also a Spanish one in the works. Finding an English translator for those ought to be simpler... but probably some work is needed on the programming side too.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Is the French translation done? I think there was also a Spanish one in the works. Finding an English translator for those ought to be simpler... but probably some work is needed on the programming side too.

My issue was finding the DWF I think the french LB guy used. The japanese was slightly different, and I managed to translate easier words. My goal is to see if I can at least use the French copy to make it easier on me. LB was nice, but he didn't provide too much information.

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
you know it's real when Nightwolve gets involved. I managed to get through a few parts of this game, but I just never had time. I ended up doing a few words in english, etc. using the french copy. I usually only have a few hours to kill a week with "hobbies". I still have NGPC translations to work on.

Eh, I've mixed feelings on it. On one hand, kinda glad because I did a week's worth of work hours on SSRPG for this criminal years ago for a tool to flip alphabet tiles in the image file related to the font he used (It was right after we finished Falcom's "Ys II Complete"). If he finished the patch, he would make sure again to excise me from any crediting. He's got a great track record of f--king people over, so, of course I must take glee that his hard drive(s) f--ked him over recently in some way... Too bad it didn't happen in 2010 though...

On the other hand, in 2001 I tried to fan translate SSRPG myself before I ever had anything to do with him. It was too difficult for me when I started off. Total coincidence that he would years later start a project on it because some hackers released working script extract/insert tools. He even asked me to make the patcher for him when he was finished, but when XSEED came along and f--king me over was on the list of options, he went with that option... Something like that doesn't come around very often...

So yeah, I was interested in seeing this in English one day and I actually put some work hours into it, just that now I'd rather it be done by somebody else (I suspect others feel the same)... Not the translator I would want, but I guess it's the translator we deserve... ;)

Anyway, DeuceBagger is giving mixed messages, all may not be lost... While the twitter post says *all* his work was lost, 2 weeks ago he said he has the unfinished BETA and could release that, then wipe his hands clean of the project. If so, others could attempt to finish the rest eventually. But first, you'll have to wait for the bastard's anger to pass as spoiled trolls on Youtube annoyed him...

P.S. Didn't know somebody translated it to French.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Eh, I've mixed feelings on it. On one hand, kinda glad because I did a week's worth of work hours on SSRPG for this criminal years ago for a tool to flip alphabet tiles in the image file related to the font he used (It was right after we finished Falcom's "Ys II Complete"). If he finished the patch, he would make sure again to excise me from any crediting. He's got a great track record of f--king people over, so, of course I must take glee that his hard drive(s) f--ked him over recently in some way... Too bad it didn't happen in 2010 though...

On the other hand, in 2001 I tried to fan translate SSRPG myself before I ever had anything to do with him. It was too difficult for me when I started off. Total coincidence that he would years later start a project on it because some hackers released working script extract/insert tools. He even asked me to make the patcher for him when he was finished, but when XSEED came along and f--king me over was on the list of options, he went with that option... Something like that doesn't come around very often...

So yeah, I was interested in seeing this in English one day and I actually put some work hours into it, just that now I'd rather it be done by somebody else (I suspect others feel the same)... Not the translator I would want, but I guess it's the translator we deserve... ;)

Anyway, DeuceBagger is giving mixed messages, all may not be lost... While the twitter post says *all* his work was lost, 2 weeks ago he said he has the unfinished BETA and could release that, then wipe his hands clean of the project. If so, others could attempt to finish the rest eventually. But first, you'll have to wait for the bastard's anger to pass as spoiled trolls on Youtube annoyed him...

P.S. Didn't know somebody translated it to French.

I dont know the history, but you probably wont find much hate for Deuce from me.

Last edited:

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
The history is pretty bad, obivously I don't know what's "real" and what's not, but if it is 100% truth, I'd be just as mad as NW.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
edible currency>depreciating currency. Silvio Gesell got nothing on us.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
If the script was dumped and translated, is there even anyone that could patch it into the game anymore?

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Depends on how much work it is, and how much text there is.

Depending on how it stores its text and references it in the code, it could be a lot of work.

I've fiddled with hacking FF7 and FF5, and FF5 was relatively easy to work with, while FF7 threw a fit and crashed if any text replaced in it wasn't exactly the right length.

I'm not terribly familiar with NGCD in the programming sense, but it stands to reason that if it hasn't been done by now, it must be fairly hard to do.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
The game is so damn beautiful. Such a shame there hasn't been an English fan-translation release to the public.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Depends on how much work it is, and how much text there is.

Depending on how it stores its text and references it in the code, it could be a lot of work.

I've fiddled with hacking FF7 and FF5, and FF5 was relatively easy to work with, while FF7 threw a fit and crashed if any text replaced in it wasn't exactly the right length.

I'm not terribly familiar with NGCD in the programming sense, but it stands to reason that if it hasn't been done by now, it must be fairly hard to do.

The french managed to pull it off

NightWolve

NEST Puppet

Ah, nice. Seems like they're using DeuceBag's chosen font too. I guess they did it the right way, they found somebody to translate directly from Japanese -> French, instead of waiting for an English translation as they normally would do and go from English -> French.

Somebody interested in carrying on a project for this should simply ask them for the tools/notes.

But again, DeuceBag is misleading if there was a total loss or not and if you think about it, he must've burned a couple of CD-Rs to test it on a real Neo Geo CD over time before any HDD disasters! He's gotta have some BETA progress burned on a CD-R somewhere which he could rip and release, etc.

If there's anyone here on good terms with him, you could contact him (here's his email: moriyamug@gmail.com), stroke the ahole's ego if you have to, whatever, and see if he's got BETA work left to release like he said ~2 weeks ago...

If the script was dumped and translated, is there even anyone that could patch it into the game anymore?

That's the easy part if you go with a simple command-line patcher/batch file. A fancy GUI would take longer. Simply doing a diff between the translated ISO and the original with something like xdelta would produce a patch. And again, you've got a French team that already finished, ask them for their work or even looking at their patcher is a start.

OK, so while looking for info on the BmpTileFlip tool I made for SSRPG, I ran into how DeuceBag got a script dump in 2007.

There's a hacker on Gideon Zhi's message board who goes around anonymously making text dumps/tools for those interested. DeuceBag asked him to make tools for SSRPG and that's what got the project started in 2007.

If you have no luck with the French team, you can try to find this guy at Gideon's board. Ask Gideon himself who he is, etc.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I would pay $$ for this even if it were in a CD-R

I could probably learn Japanese before there's an engrish translation though.

Maybe one day...