Scammer Alert: Will Henley

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Since Will is still active in the community scamming members, some of us felt it might be a good idea to collect all relevant information about him and post it in one place. The goal of this thread is to educate everyone about Will, his tactics and behaviors so that no one else gets scammed by him. He is not going to go away, and there's no way for the mods to keep him from coming back with new accounts unfortunately, so the best defense is to be aware of him and how he operates. I will update this thread with more info as it comes in, so expect some heavy editing.

Will is a theif, and has been scamming members on this and other game-related forums for FOUR years. He's not going to stop. Please review the info in this thread before dealing with a 0 feedback member and make sure you aren't getting ripped off by this scumbag. REMEMBER, if the member has 0/low feedback or you have reason to be suspicious, HAVE THEM SEND FIRST. I cannot stress this enough.

***We need everyone's help that has dealt with or been scammed by Will. Please post details of what happened including his alias, name given, shipping address, email address and phone number if applicable, as well as what he stole.***

Accounts

aaron_lewis
addywayway <-- Most recently used handle.
bark40oz (used on Amiga.org and Atari Age forums)
blindmelon
dir_en_grey
dolphinATX
I am a neo chick
mvsplayer
Oceanvein
Oceantattoos
shanonhoon
XxxstonethecrowxxX
Wolvie

Ebay account <-- Lynn is the name he used under his addywayway account.

His Atari Age account.

Also goes by the aliases: Eldridge Henley, E.W. Henley, Lynn Gillespie, Lynnzy Gillespie, Zelia Anderson (family member?), Benny Richards, Keith Buff, Jeni

Date of birth: April 12th or 13th, 1980.

Will's myspace page

Email Addresses

adeleocean@yahoo.com
gamerette@yahoo.com
jenspaypalforgames@yahoo.com
myoceanchoseme@yahoo.com
bark40oz22@netscape.net
rjbbsmom@aol.com

bark40oz22 (AIM)
myoceanchoseme (YIM)

Mailing Addresses

Current location is probably Cordova, TN. May alternate between Cordova and Fayeteville Arkansas. Also lists his location as Oregon.

Anderson, Zelia
1106 N Oriole Ave
ROGERS, AR 72756
479-986-0390

w.henley
902 n cascade wb 731
colorado springs co 80946

e.w.h.s.b
1650 n sang #102
fayetteville, ar 72703

Lynnzy Gillespie
563 Ashbury Cove
Cordova, TN 38018 <--most recent

Scam Threads

The original aaron lewis scam thread
Scamming as dir_en_grey
Scamming as bark40oz on the Amiga forums
Scamming as bark40oz on the Atari Age forums
Benny Richards
More Benny Richards
mvsplayer scam thread

Victims

-Playboycougar, December 2006, traded a GB Micro complete with 3 carts worth @$65 for a Gamecube package that never arrived.

-crunchysuperman, March 2005, paid with a $275 money order to Will, never recieved merchandise.

How to spot a Will Henley fake account

-Will types in a rambling, disjointed style with no use of capitalization or sentence structure. He also shows a poor grasp of grammar and spelling. Look at some of his previous posts under his many fake accounts. They all feature a similar posting style that becomes fairly easy to spot.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Was he a member here? (user name?) Sounds familiar...

Edit: You edited your post and answered my question :emb:

Last edited:

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
His most recent account appears to be addywayway.

Any established member who is dealing with a new member should not trade/buy anything unless they ship first. I think this would be the most effective way of avoiding this douchebag.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158918

EDIT: Apparently this guy lives in Cordova, TN. Maybe Shawn could drive over and beat the hell out of him on his lunch break.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
one thing about this guy is that he uses IP addresses from different places and doesn't seem to go back to old ones.

I have my suspicion that he's now under the name Lucent Beam, again pretending to be a girl.

20 Year Member
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (3 members and 1 guests)
68k, GD, TonK

Any way to grab the IP addresses of guests? There has been 1 guest viewing this post since it was created...:spock:

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
wasabi said:
one thing about this guy is that he uses IP addresses from different places and doesn't seem to go back to old ones.

I have my suspicion that he's now under the name Lucent Beam, again pretending to be a girl.

I thought that Lucent Beam was member (Lets Gekiga In) girl friend?

Regardless, this loser needs to be stopped and the more people are made aware of the situation the better.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
68k said:
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (3 members and 1 guests)
68k, GD, TonK

Any way to grab the IP addresses of guests? There has been 1 guest viewing this post since it was created...:spock:

I swear I was just going to ask this same question.

I feel helpless in this situation...

What can we possibly do?

And how do people get away with this shit?

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
TonK said:

What can we possibly do?

Will gets away with it because he has gone to great lengths to change his name, user ID's, email addresses and whatever else it takes up to impersonating a girl to get people's guard down.

As far as stopping him goes, I can't do it because he never scammed me. Only the people he scammed have the ability to stop him. I think many just write off their losses and call it a day instead of doing what it takes to bring this thief to the attention of the proper authorities. Which is why I wanted to make this thread, an inclusive guide to the felon that is Will Henley and how to report his theiving to the authorities.

Look for more edits soon.

20 Year Member
TonK said:

What can we possibly do?

I feel the same way.

We have to do our best to inform people not to buy/trade with new members with zero feedback unless they ship first.

My question is, why was playboycougar shipping his package to Cordova, TN if he lives in Arkansas...

Given Arkansas is not far from the Memphis metro area, but Fayetteville is clear across the state.

If we find out what town he lives in (and I suspect it's Cordova), and his name is Will Henley, we can gather up the people he has scammed and contact the Memphis Police Department. We need to try and gather up a list of how much money and goods he has stolen

Last edited:

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I am hoping that Will's victims will post in this thread with more info so that we can make something happen. There is way more to this pathetic story than what I have posted so far, I'm probably only scratching the surface. I am now thinking of posting on a couple of the other forums he scammed at to get more info for the fire, every little bit helps.

It's a huge, retarded puzzle to sort through, but at some point we may have a timeline put together.

20 Year Member
GD said:
I am hoping that Will's victims will post in this thread with more info so that we can make something happen. There is way more to this pathetic story than what I have posted so far, I'm probably only scratching the surface. I am now thinking of posting on a couple of the other forums he scammed at to get more info for the fire, every little bit helps.

It's a huge, retarded puzzle to sort through, but at some point we may have a timeline put together.

I'll start contacting people who have been scammed and see if they can give me a list of what was stolen. Even if I have to drive to Memphis to talk to the police in person, this will stop.

I guess i'll start with the original aaron lewis scam thread.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Do we have anyone that can look up his public records? That might help track him down. He may be living at a different address than he's having games shipped to. I think that's part of his MO. I have added almost everything I can to the thread, I will need info from victims to add more at this point.

I noticed some guest activity in the thread too. It's probably nothing, but I know Will lurks here frequently.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Added a bunch of aliases, as well as..

His Myspace page, which he last logged into yesterday. Lol..

Also, his girlfriend's Myspace page.

It looks like Jeni is his sister?

20 Year Member
GD said:
Added a bunch of aliases, as well as..

His Myspace page, which he last logged into yesterday. Lol..

Also, his girlfriend's Myspace page.

It looks like Jeni is his sister?

Awesome.

I'm waiting to hear back from playboycougar...

Lucent Beam

Armored Scrum Object
wasabi said:

Was that a joke or do you really think that?

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Lucent Beam said:
Was that a joke or do you really think that?

A joke, I'm sure. Your typing style shows way too much knowledge of grammar, composition and spelling to be Will.

Lucent Beam

Armored Scrum Object
GD said:
A joke, I'm sure. Your typing style shows way too much knowledge of grammar, composition and spelling to be Will.

I hope, 'cause seriously I almost cried.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Here are the MySpace images, uploaded.

875941316_m.jpg

875941316_l.jpg

852063592_l.jpg

852063497_l.jpg

749094809_l.jpg

715020409_l.jpg

715020152_l.jpg

715018336_l.jpg

TonK

Least Valuable Player
We need to post his personal info...

EVERYTHING should be entered in this thread...

Once we piece it all together, we can get the police involved...

Proof is needed, postal receipts, DC#'s and everything you have...

20 Year Member
TonK said:
We need to post his personal info...

EVERYTHING should be entered in this thread...

Once we piece it all together, we can get the police involved...

Proof is needed, postal receipts, DC#'s and everything you have...

We also need to make sure that the users that have been scammed are willing to provide their personal information for us to submit to the PD.

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I almost got ripped off $90 in games when he used the name, "dir_en_grey". Thankfully I screwed up the apartment number and my stuff was mailed back (I even PMed the bastard to contact his local post office asap and check if the package was still there the day the DC number said, "Return to sender" on USPS site).

Either way, if someone somehow managed to take legal action against this prick, I would be more then happy to provide as much information as possible.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Want even more evidence?

Look at the source address for the pic "addywayway" posted in this thread. Yep, bark40oz, one of his old aliases.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
hell if I know if Lucent Beam is will henley or not.

Honestly, I bet Will is a dope guy to chill with. Unfortunately he's a scammer.

Then again, same goes for Dion Dakis.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Wow, I didn't realize this douche bag was still around here trying to scam people. Thanks for the info.

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
I kind of want to color my nails black with my sharpie after seeing those pics....