Official SNK Neo-Geo Book: NEOGEO: A VISUAL HISTORY ネオジオ〜目で楽しむ軌跡〜 (Publisher Bitmap Books)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I understand why the current cover was chosen - but I think it falls short of what would've been possible and fitting for this book. If you're going to deliver on the promises concerning the content (which I'm sure you will, the preview looks great) the cover just doesn't do it justice. It looks cheap and KOF centered, just another mook. But it isn't that, it's the opposite - shame to mess up something so central to the presentation.

I'm still looking forward to because of the innards and if the collectors edition contains a classy sleeve to cover up the cover (lol), even better.

Also: truth be told, were whining here. This book will contain new art/details/etc. and will be of good image/print quality. This is a great time to be into Neo Geo.

//EDIT:
Spoiler:
and at least we got some more Rotpics out of this :keke:

xsq

the stuff this community puts out is awesome for every the gamer (NeoSD, UniBIOS, neogeofanclub.com, Jamma Nation X, Arcade Works, NeoVGA, Flashmasta etc. etc.).

sure, if you want original carts (NGH or MVS) you're fucked :lolz:

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
Update on the neo book:We have decided to delay the opening of pre-orders for NEOGEO: a visual history until July 3rd. We apologise for the late notice but things are so busy getting the book to print at the moment as we’re at a critical point of proof reading and obtaining final sign off from SNK. The book is 400 pages long and the level of detail in fact checking is huge. In all honestly, we underestimated how long this would take. The book really is looking great and packed full of amazing visuals and information - it will be worth the wait!

We feel that it’s best to focus on getting the book done and dusted before we start taking pre-orders. Please note that this delay does not effect the book, we are still looking at a September delivery date.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Thanks for the update.

Has there been any mention of price yet?

frazer99

20 Year Member
Pricing has been proposed (3 levels). Just need SNK to approval to proceed - oddly Amazon has started to add pricing for pre-orders but not sure where they are pulling their info from.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Pricing has been proposed (3 levels). Just need SNK to approval to proceed - oddly Amazon has started to add pricing for pre-orders but not sure where they are pulling their info from.

Can't wait to get my book.
What are the three pricing structures?

Is it a regular edition (1. soft and 2. hardcover) and the
3. Collector's edition with the slip case?

Last edited:

frazer99

20 Year Member
Can't wait to get my book.
What are the three pricing structures?

Is it a regular edition (1. soft and 2. hardcover) and the
3. Collector's edition with the slip case?

The book will only be available in hardback - standard edition and collectors edition(s). All will be revealed shortly i'm sure.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Cool, so two collector's editions.

I'll be ordering a collector's and a standard edition to read, reread, and reread somemore.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
The book will only be available in hardback - standard edition and collectors edition(s). All will be revealed shortly i'm sure.

I was kind of hoping the delay was due to a change of direction on the cover :) Can't blame a man for hoping !!

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanks for the update on the pre-order, I'm glad I checked in so I don't have to get up extra early tomorrow :) Any chance pre-orders could go live at a weekend say July 2nd? I'm really looking forward to this book, good luck with the rest of the work needed to get it over the line, I'm sure it will be superb.

xsq

Thanks for the update on the pre-order, I'm glad I checked in so I don't have to get up extra early tomorrow
you're a wiser man than I... was just over at bitmap books, pressing F5 like mad.

but it's worth it, I'm all for polishing a product before it's offered. now very interested in what will distinguish the two collectors editions from another... a white and a black version?

Last edited:

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
The delay saved me a panic, I was driving to Glasgow airport for a flight when the preorders would've went up!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
what will distinguish the two collectors editions from another... a white and a black version?

This should be corrected... politically. That's what Harada meant with "current game situation and the climate in different countries".

frazer99

20 Year Member
I noticed via this forum http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1344895 that some people have been ordering the book via amazon - I can confirm that a) the price displayed on amazon is not correct and b) that some editions/extras will only be available for pre-order (at Bitmap Books) so i'd advise against buying via Amazon until you see the options on the Bitmap Books website.

Thanks,
Frazer

Last edited:

frazer99

20 Year Member
Book prices confirmed to start at £29.99 to £69.99 for the limited edition.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Amazon has the pre-order price guarantee, so anyone looking for just the standard edition should go ahead and pre-order on Amazon to get the lowest price (currently: $22.65 shipped)

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Really? I thought that was subject to change. I might go that route for now while waiting to see what the collectors edition bonuses will be.

frazer99

20 Year Member
Amazon has the pre-order price guarantee, so anyone looking for just the standard edition should go ahead and pre-order on Amazon to get the lowest price (currently: $22.65 shipped)

As per my previous post: I noticed via this forum http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1344895 that some people have been ordering the book via amazon - I can confirm that a) the price displayed on amazon is not correct and b) that some editions/extras will only be available for pre-order (at Bitmap Books) so i'd advise against buying via Amazon until you see the options on the Bitmap Books website.

Bitmap Books have reported the Amazon listings as they are fake. No books are shipping to Amazon at this time.

xsq

Can't wait to see what the collectors edition will comprise as extras... over double the price of the standard edition seems steep for just a slip case... so I hope for some awesome goodies ;)

frazer99

20 Year Member
Can't wait to see what the collectors edition will comprise as extras... over double the price of the standard edition seems steep for just a slip case... so I hope for some awesome goodies ;)

There is also an edition priced between the two. More details soon via Twitter but I'll aim to re-post here too.

frazer99

20 Year Member
Confirmation of the NeoGeo Book edition prices and slip cover designs.

lv7g8wa.jpg

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Frazer pal...

You REALLY need to learn how to use attachments properly pal...

xROTx

PS. I hope you will deliver the signed copy personally to me... unless you want me to visit you....:D