Nintendo Switch

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Gematsu said:
Nintendo will release a less expensive Switch model this fall, according to a Nikkei report.

The less expensive model is reportedly designed for portable use, but still dockable and playable on television sets.

Development on a “next-generation device that is a full model change of the current hardware” will reportedly follow the less expensive model. While Nintendo is said to be trying out various things—including operability and video expression improvements, operating system changes, and so on—development is currently in a state where “it is not clear who will lead the creation of the concept,” according to one developer
Link

If this is a more accurate take on the WSJ article, UGH.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Anyone try Cuphead? Any issues with the port?

Yoshi

20 Year Member
First WSJ, then Nikkei, and now Bloomberg is reporting that the smaller Switch will launch as soon as June with a modestly upgraded model later this year. I guess technically none of these contradict each other, so the basic premise seems likely. Not surprising to sane people, there is no mention of new, exclusive games for any of the versions.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Got Virtua Racing yesterday and it’s pretty great...definitely worth the hassle of setting up a Japanese Eshop account. I couldn’t use a credit card so had to get some Japanese space bucks from Play Asia, but that was painless too.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
For those who didn't already order the Asia versions:

Psikyo Shooting Library 1 & 2 that together include all games of the 3 Asia releases will be released in Japan in August.

Standard Edition:
https://www.play-asia.com/psikyo-shooting-library-vol-1/13/70cojj
https://www.play-asia.com/psikyo-shooting-library-vol-2/13/70cokd

Limited Edition:
https://www.play-asia.com/psikyo-shooting-library-vol-1-limited-edition/13/70cojx
https://www.play-asia.com/psikyo-shooting-library-vol-2-limited-edition/13/70cokj

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
What’s the difference between both versions?

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
The Limited Editions include the game plus:

• Reprint Instruction Card
• Unreleased Materials
• Special Binder

Edit:
You can get all games in 2 Japan compilations instead of 3 Asia collections now. English is also included in the Japan release, so the Japan release is the way to go if you don't already own the Asia versions.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Gunlord came out for $9.99. Great deal at that price, and it's cool to see NG.dev continuing to dabble in bringing their stuff to current gen.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Rumors heavily suggest a Witcher 3 Switch port is coming soon. Hopefully not a Witcher 3 Pocket Edition :keke:

PS: I actually believe the system could run it decently with some optimization, and if not, the rumored more powerful Switch will certainly do the job.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Hell yes.

Rumors heavily suggest a Witcher 3 Switch port is coming soon. Hopefully not a Witcher 3 Pocket Edition :keke:

PS: I actually believe the system could run it decently with some optimization, and if not, the rumored more powerful Switch will certainly do the job.
That would be a technical marvel on the current hardware. In fact, it seems far-fetch enough that it makes me wonder if the rumor is being misinterpreted, and it's really Thronebreaker.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Maybe Witcher 3 will be a streaming game like RE7 for the Switch was in Japan?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Best Buy is also getting it as well. Preordered mine last night. Got it for 31 shipped.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Its really cool to see the first 3 Mana games in one collection, especially with an official English translation for Seiken Densetsu 3. I remember DeJap's translation ages ago, but this is really nice. Also, apparently people were able to extract the Trials of Mana ROM from the collection, and make it work with Everdrives, and the SNES Classic Mini. I want to see if it can work with the 3DS through the VC Injector, that'd be pretty swank.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Witcher 3 is 720p max. 540 docked.