Anyone excited about PS4/X1 "Transformer" game from Platinum?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So I finally got around to cracking this bad boy open and playing it. I'm only on stage 3(I think)...I'm at the part where you have to chase down Motormaster.

Honestly, I agree with both Electricgrave and Taiso.

For the most part this is the Transformers game I've always wanted. Gameplay is nice and fast, visuals are beautiful. My wife literally said she has not seen me smile so much when playing a game before. Some of it is undoubtedly nostalgia, but the game is pretty fun regardless.

But to Taiso's point, there are some weird ommissions/changes that just don't make any sense. Given how much effort that they put towards making this game faithful to the original cartoon in so many aspects it is kind of baffling/frustrating and all the more glaring that they didn't apply that attention to detail throughout all aspects of the game.

Also, the stages which I've seen so far are pretty generic and lame (especially the Proudstar level, yuck).

Still, I am very happy with the game.

SECRET WISH - I hope Platinum does a GI Joe game with the same gorgeous graphics but that plays like Gears of War. Unlikely, but a guy can dream...

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
There is a G.I. Joe game already. Its that one with He-man in it. Either it hasn't come out yet or it sucks.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
The game is $12.49 on the steam sale. No one can complain at that price.