Anyone excited about PS4/X1 "Transformer" game from Platinum?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
While I'm glad they're making a game with G1 characters...the game is a busy looking clusterfuck. It's like they managed to capture the complete disaster of the action scenes in that hack's Bay TF films and made it into a game.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Wait a sec its a fighting game? I dont pay attention to video games that much anymore. All this time i thought it was another action game like the cybertron games and was happy for it. Well there goes most of the excitement i had. I might get it anyway because G1 and wondering about any DLC. Also have not seen jetfire. Maybe ill like it, If its anything like the gundam vs series it should be alright to pretty good. It looks like it at least

whens the release date?

Last edited:

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
It's on my watch list.
Could be interesting to see the story or missions set up for the game.

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
I'm on the fence.

The War for/Fall of Cybertron games were great. High Moon did an awesome job adapting the G1 assets to a decent 3rd person shooter dynamic and solid storyline.

Then there's Platinum, who did Bayonetta, which had an enjoyable demo but nothing - at least for me- that sustained any interest past it.

That being said, my fear is that this game won't have any of the polished High Moon veneer and instead be a dial-a-combo action experience. Since it's Platinum, it'll likely be a good action game. But unless there's something that isn't being featured in the trailers, then it'll be High Moon's G1-era or bust.

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
My only concern is that Platinum also made the last Avatar game? Legend of Kora?
But so far the action sequences have been great.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Looks like the Transformers game I've been waiting forever to come out.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
It captures the look of the g1 cartoon very well.

When I ponder what the perfect transformers game might play like, a god of war melee combo system isn't what comes to mind.

I can't tell from what little footage I've seen but the bots only seem to transform for some silly mid combo ram attack.

There is so much game play potential in being able to switch from a robot to a vehicle of some kind and back again. The high moon games came closest to realizing this, and imo they are the best transformers games to date, but I think they even missed the mark a bit.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I want to be excited for this game, but the gameplay looks like it will get old fast, especially once the 'WOW' from the G1 veneer wears off. It would be nice to see a little more variety in the combos/move-sets as well; that 'drift tackle' move seemed to be recycled and re-skinned for each bot. For diversity's sake, it would have been nicer to have some of the other Autobots that aren't cars/trucks included in the game (other than Grimlock).
I'm sure this game will end up in the bargain bin alongside Anarchy Reigns in no time. A shame, really.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
From the u tube

GabrielDomino 17 hours ago
I have an hard on right now.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
When I ponder what the perfect transformers game might play like, a god of war melee combo system isn't what comes to mind.

One where transforming isn't reserved for an attack only.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Got the game today
Played about 30 minutes
Great and fun game
Platinum did a good job!!!!!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Definitely worth a couple days via RedBox. Not sure if I'd want to own it longer than that, but I'm sure I can have fun with it for a few nights. Does look like the Transformers game we've been waiting for... Just don't know how much I really care, any more.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
So, does transforming serve any game play purpose outside of silly combos?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I was getting nervous because of the review embargo. Reception seems good so far, though. I'm wondering how the last-gen versions will be.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It's gonna be awesome!!! I just know it...I can feel it!!! I can't wait for a Villains campaign DLC or a sequel, I wanna play with Shockwave and trample over Megatron for a complete rule over Cybertron, reprogram the sentinels (Omega Supreme) and clean Cybertron from all intelligent life forms, in other words continue Beast Machines Megatron's better future free from defective minds polluting a peaceful Cybertron!

Hey Smokes! I bet you'd love it if it was an RPG but no..."It's too convoluted, too much action, it needs more boring!" "Myah...meh...muckeroo...I'm smokes...I need RPGs to make me feel like a gamer...meh...meh...EG sucks...lulz! Peace!" Ha ha, you fucking bum! It's gonna be awesome, just you wait!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I didn't know this came out yet! I'll grab it as soon as I'm done with MGS V

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Me neither, god damn, is it only PS4? Cybertron...must...be...con...quered!...

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
It's out on steam. Pretty low system requirements it looks like.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
So I scooped it and played a couple hours. So far it's pretty cool. It's basically Dynasty Warriors Transformers albeit with a bunch of cool transforming combos. I like the art and controls. So far You can't play with and Decepticons. Hopefully this is not the case later in the challenges or something. You can also Transform at will which I enjoy.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I'm interested in hearing Frank Welker do the voice of Megatron again.