Anyone excited about PS4/X1 "Transformer" game from Platinum?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This game is really amazing when you get good at it.
Recommend playing it on hard if you want a better experience.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Everyone seems to have a fun time with it, but the thing that sticks out is a lot of people can beat it in 2-3 days. For a $50 game, that's not something that sounds good.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I was really skeptical at first, but there is plenty reason to transform in and out of combat. Although the game is definitely melee focused ranged weapons can still be very effective, especially when upgraded with special status changing abilities like stun, rust, or weaken.

It's definitely a short game. The plot feels like something right out of the second season of the original cartoon which is great.

It'll take about 3/4 of a playthrough to really get comfortable with the game if you haven't played an action game like this before.

If you keep playing on hard you will get some really cool weapons and abilities that you would completely miss if you only play through once on normal.

It's a shame the ui for synthesizing weapons is so bad and it takes forever to level up an A rank weapon. I really hope they add an option to choose multiple items at a time when synthesizing.

The gameplay is really amazing and the challenge missions are a blast. There is just so little content in the way of story missons, environments, and playable characters.

I'm really hoping they add some more characters. Would love to play as jazz and use the loudspeaker gun.

Oh yeah, vince dicola was involved with the soundtrack!

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Do they play the music in the background like they did in the original show?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Everyone seems to have a fun time with it, but the thing that sticks out is a lot of people can beat it in 2-3 days. For a $50 game, that's not something that sounds good.

SNES Final Fight 1-3 can beat it within couple hours and those games were $50+ games in the 90s
Neo Geo games can be beat it within couple hours and those games were from $100 - $4000 in range.

I don't understand your logic.

If you want 40+ hours games, buy RPGs

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
SNES Final Fight 1-3 can beat it within couple hours and those games were $50+ games in the 90s
Neo Geo games can be beat it within couple hours and those games were from $100 - $4000 in range.

I don't understand your logic.

If you want 40+ hours games, buy RPGs

I think hes talking from a perspective of someone who's at a point in their life where finding the value in something you spend money on is very important.

If you're going to spend $50 on something that can be beat in a few days with little replay value, you'd be better off putting that $$$ toward a vacation or booze or something.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I think hes talking from a perspective of someone who's at a point in their life where finding the value in something you spend money on is very important.

If you're going to spend $50 on something that can be beat in a few days with little replay value, you'd be better off putting that $$$ toward a vacation or booze or something.

It depends on person-to-person.
I think replay value is great, but it may not apply to other people.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I suppose the question here is if the game actually has replay value or not. Generally speaking Platinum games are great for replay.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I suppose the question here is if the game actually has replay value or not. Generally speaking Platinum games are great for replay.

It's very subjective topic

Does Pulstar has replay value? Some people dislike to memorize the enemy pattern so it's no replay value. Some people love the difficulty level and it's very challenge for them to keep coming back and practice.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
It will take several play throughs to level up all the characters and many more to level up the weapons. You can always try for better ratings on the missions. The gameplay itself is awesome and will keep ppl coming back.

I would say there is quite a bit of replay value. It just isn't evident on the surface, especially when everyone runs around bitching about 6 hour max story mode. I would argue that the story mode itself is less than a third of what this game has to offer.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I feel this is quite funny that most of Neo Geo games can be beaten under 30 minutes and nobody complains about it.................
How many of us still play Magician Lord or Nam-1975 on daily basis? Do you think Magician Lord is just a collectible item or a game with great "replay value"?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
This game is awesome! So fucking amazing! I wanna play it forever!!! More sequels! Do the Movie (As in Unicron's arrival) with OP's death, Starscream coronation and everything, would be so sick! So much material to work from! I'm so psyched!

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
This game is awesome! So fucking amazing! I wanna play it forever!!! More sequels! Do the Movie (As in Unicron's arrival) with OP's death, Starscream coronation and everything, would be so sick! So much material to work from! I'm so psyched!

There's that part where prime says..

Spoiler:
Nova Prime confronted something that wanted to destroy cybertron and was headed that way. Unicron?

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
I feel this is quite funny that most of Neo Geo games can be beaten under 30 minutes and nobody complains about it.................
How many of us still play Magician Lord or Nam-1975 on daily basis? Do you think Magician Lord is just a collectible item or a game with great "replay value"?

I love Nam-1975. It's a tough game, as it should be, seeing that its mainly an arcade game, which was made primarily to make you pay money to play it. You can seriously beat that game in 30 minutes?

Arcades are gone. Dead. Single player games are an afterthought nowadays. The money is in multiplayer. Look at all the CoD games that have come out in the last couple of years - their campaigns are usually between 8-10 hours long, yet MP logs thousands and thousand of hours from millions of people all over the world.

Fighters were always MP-centric. When have you ever seen a crowd around a fighting game watching someone play single player? That shit is boring as hell.

Yeah, if I'm gonna pay any amount of money for entertainment, then you bet your ass I want to be ENTERTAINED either in single player or multiplayer. If there's no MP, or anything beyond the single player game (like a meta game or something that will make me WANT to come back to it after the credits roll), I'm going to scrutinize the content more than I would if it had any multiplayer component, simply because I like to make sure that my time playing this game that I paid my hard earned money for is worth it.

Now if you want pay $50-$60 on a one-and-done deal, then so be it. Your money, more power to you.

So you still complain $50 price tag & replay value 20 years later?

Just stop.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
The Combiner Wars Fights are badass.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
There's that part where prime says..

Spoiler:
Nova Prime confronted something that wanted to destroy cybertron and was headed that way. Unicron?

Could be, I dunno...OMG what's gonna happen?! I'm so bananas over this game and this very particular franchise, who knows if it will do well, I hope it does, I want moar!

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I am definitely enjoying transfornetta!

I'm not even a transformers fan(transformers are dope but I don't follow transformers stuff) Just as a modern beat em up kinda action game, this is the kinda game we rarely get nowdays and the kind of videogame I am a gamer for!

I don't think the game is for everyone as it's basically beyonetta rebuilt with less time and budget to work with, But the gameplay was not skimped, it's fucking fun and looks amazing in motion. You forget that you are mostly fighting in generic motionless streets instead of on the side of crumbling skyscraper or on top of a stealth bomber when you are artfully dodging attacks from giant robots on all sides of you :)

I have way more fun playing this than metal gear solid V, I'm not really saying this is a better game....Just saying if you are the kinda guy who loves beyonetta, godhand, vanquish.... this will scratch that itch that few other console games will nowdays.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I've got about 40 hours put into it and I've found that it's a lot like the Diablo games. You play through the story and then grind the chapters and challenges for levels and loot. Just got my first SS rank weapon halfway through the story on magnus difficulty. Still running into new abilities and weapons I haven't seen before.