neo geo aes CRAZY prices?

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Problem is whether your decrepid hands will be able to play them :)

Old father time has not been kind to me Kef9 my hands and gaming skills ain't what they used to be..

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
I've been into the Neo AES scene for quite a few years and I'm already regretting not getting a few of the carts a few years ago when they were still actually affordable.

Games like LB2 were like around 300USD and now they've risen to around 500ish on ebay and there's also an issue with bootlegs.

Really a crappy time to get into the AES scene.

Kinda how i feel on andro danos, i think thats what its called. I remember over 5 years ago, i saw em on ebay for 90 bucks and never picked it up for some reason. Man i wish i could have grabbed it

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
See the earlier comment I made about multi-carts and the possibility of flash carts

A reissue is what SNK did with MS3... everything else is emulation at best, flash ROM trafficking at worst. And yes, there probably will be a bubble burst within the everdrive industry soon...

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Kinda how i feel on andro danos, i think thats what its called. I remember over 5 years ago, i saw em on ebay for 90 bucks and never picked it up for some reason. Man i wish i could have grabbed it

You don't even know what the game is called.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member

Andro isn't even worth $90, IMO. More like $50. I was shocked when I saw what it's going for.

benimaru7

New Challenger
I still can't believe how high the prices are getting on eBay for Neo Games, Why is Mutation Nation so much money?? I realise that some games are rare, but still... common games like Cyberlip are selling for much more than a couple of years ago.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
I still can't believe how high the prices are getting on eBay for Neo Games, Why is Mutation Nation so much money?? I realise that some games are rare, but still... common games like Cyberlip are selling for much more than a couple of years ago.

It's mostly because Neo collecting has an extremely high douche ratio of guys who want "complete" collections so they'll pick up even the shit and pay ridiculous money for the privilege. Then of course, they have to buy every "new" bootleg game out there for hundreds of dollars to keep the collection "complete".

benimaru7

New Challenger
Idiots! Lol!:lolz:
Why pay over the odds for a crap game other than to say you have it? Surely thats when 'collecting them all' gets way out of hand!

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
It's mostly because Neo collecting has an extremely high douche ratio of guys who want "complete" collections so they'll pick up even the shit and pay ridiculous money for the privilege. Then of course, they have to buy every "new" bootleg game out there for hundreds of dollars to keep the collection "complete".

Wonder if they ever actually play them or do they just shelf them up like a display, stuff in box's never opened and arranged neatly and symmetrically

benimaru7

New Challenger
Probably not played or even put near a console, and I bet they are put in vacuum sealed bags in a dark cupboard to avoid sun fade!

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner

When you're saying "New" bootleg are you reffering to Multi-carts? Conversion carts? Or are you talking about original homebrew developed games?

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
Uh, okay. But I have to insist that I'm a douche who just really wants to play "Razion"....having a full set of anything has nothing to do with it. :)

Yeah, I'm all for people making homebrew games. I understand the disdain for collectards who aren't playing their stuff driving up values but homebrew games are cool with me and the fact that people just buy some of these to put on a shelf probably helps the volume of units produced go up to where these can be more profitable releases for the developer.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Yeah, I'm all for people making homebrew games. I understand the disdain for collectards who aren't playing their stuff driving up values but homebrew games are cool with me and the fact that people just buy some of these to put on a shelf probably helps the volume of units produced go up to where these can be more profitable releases for the developer.

If you think unofficial bootleg games are a good idea of a way to piss away hundreds of dollars, that's on you.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
If you think unofficial bootleg games are a good idea of a way to piss away hundreds of dollars, that's on you.

Don't wanna sound defensive here or anything, but it does seem like a good way. The NG DEV games are fun to play, at least to some people, and if you change your mind you could easily sell them so it's not much of a risk. Although I'm wondering if the term "bootleg" is appropriate at all for them, but whatever.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Don't wanna sound defensive here or anything, but it does seem like a good way. The NG DEV games are fun to play, at least to some people, and if you change your mind you could easily sell them so it's not much of a risk. Although I'm wondering if the term "bootleg" is appropriate at all for them, but whatever.

To me, "bootleg" is a forged cart of an original SNK-produces game cart. NGDev and Neobitz games are more like "homebrew" to me, even if they have a professional-like product quality.

Regards.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
To me, "bootleg" is a forged cart of an original SNK-produces game cart. NGDev and Neobitz games are more like "homebrew" to me, even if they have a professional-like product quality.

Regards.

Yep, to me bootleg means pirate.

Those are homebrew games.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
After hurting the market for new games, emulation may have raised the prices of used games. If it weren't emulation, it'd be youTube - anything that helps the buyer make a more optimal buying decision. In the late 90's, we had to buy a lot of shitty games before finding gems. You may not have been old enough to be aware of or have access to magazines that may have filled your niche. Now, we don't have to gamble as much. We have videos and emulation to help make the purchasing decisions right for us. Are we really paying more for games or are we saving money on all the shitty games we never have to buy?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I don't see why people are just getting into AES with these insane market prices. Is it because they wanted one 20 years ago? Once they buy all the early releases that are <$200, then what? Spend even more money on a convertor when they could've bought an Omega from the get go and not wasted thousands on home carts? Pointless.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
I don't see why people are just getting into AES with these insane market prices. Is it because they wanted one 20 years ago? Once they buy all the early releases that are <$200, then what? Spend even more money on a convertor when they could've bought an Omega from the get go and not wasted thousands on home carts? Pointless.
The same things were said 10 years ago just as today. Prices have quadrupled since then. And they will again. The time to get into homecarts is always the same.....it's NOW.