Koji Igarashi announces Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, launches Kickstarter page

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Should I wait until the ROM is available to put on my NES Mini? :keke:

This looks really good, I'd like to check out the music on its own before I fully commit.

Commit to the rom? :keke:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Curse of the Moon looks like a ton of fun. Can't wait for next Thursday.

Between this and Dragon's Crown Pro coming tomorrow, I have tons of old school game play in my near future.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Played all the way through Curse of the Moon tonight, man, this was fun. The game felt a little on the easy side but I did unlock nightmare mode for it. The bosses and level design feel ripped right out of CV. There's even medusa head like enemies. Mos def worth playing.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I have to wait for a console release, I don't have a steam account....

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm actually going to say this is the best classic style game I've played since Shovel Knight. Well worth 10 bucks.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I'm actually going to say this is the best classic style game I've played since Shovel Knight. Well worth 10 bucks.

Do you know of any good art for this game? I'd like to print out a sleeve and put it in a DVD case for collection purposes.

Last edited:

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I have to wait for a console release, I don't have a steam account....

The beginning delivery failures start now. This doesn't bode well for the main game's release if they can't get their shit together on a console release for a side game.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
The beginning delivery failures start now. This doesn't bode well for the main game's release if they can't get their shit together on a console release for a side game.
Anyone waiting for console release should have a temp key available now for Steam to use during the wait. That's as good a workaround as I've seen for a situation like this.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Anyone waiting for console release should have a temp key available now for Steam to use during the wait. That's as good a workaround as I've seen for a situation like this.

That would be fine actually...if it was playable on a Mac computer...which is why I choose the Xbox One version which isn't available right now.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The Xbox One and 3DS versions got delayed, but PS4 and Switch are out. I wouldn't be surprised if they failed MS certification or didn't submit the final game on time. MS is known to be very stringent with their certification process.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I ran through the first level on Vita this afternoon. Lots of fun. Can't wait to spend some more time with it.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
So if you backed the Kickstarter (for the full amount to get Ritual of the Night) you get Curse of the Moon for free. The game is out now for most consoles, but Inti Crates does not have download codes available for any of the console versions yet, despite the game being available to buy right now. So people who buy it can play it now, while backers have to wait. Kinda messed up, but whatever, I guess.

As a consolation, they’re offering steam codes that only let you play the game until June 8th.
It’s better than nothing, if you don’t mind playing on a PC...

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So if you backed the Kickstarter (for the full amount to get Ritual of the Night) you get Curse of the Moon for free. The game is out now for most consoles, but Inti Crates does not have download codes available for any of the console versions yet, despite the game being available to buy right now. So people who buy it can play it now, while backers have to wait. Kinda messed up, but whatever, I guess.

As a consolation, they’re offering steam codes that only let you play the game until June 8th.

Yea that's what I ended up playing last night. I backed the game as well and am waiting for a Switch code. To be honest the fact they are giving the game away for free is great, I'm ok with waiting for something that I really wasn't even supposed to get. The main game is what I paid for, CotM is just a little bit of icing on the cake. Once again, great game, would love to see more games that pull this design off.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Yea that's what I ended up playing last night. I backed the game as well and am waiting for a Switch code. To be honest the fact they are giving the game away for free is great, I'm ok with waiting for something that I really wasn't even supposed to get. The main game is what I paid for, CotM is just a little bit of icing on the cake. Once again, great game, would love to see more games that pull this design off.

Agreed, it’s not the end of the world to wait a little bit, but I bet some plebes are triggered.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Agreed, it’s not the end of the world to wait a little bit, but I bet some plebes are triggered.

Oh they are. Some are demanding there be a physical of this game. Too bad they will never play one of the best games of 2018. Always gotta cry about something I guess.

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
Great little game, I bought it on the Vita for playing in the subway. Not very far, but I absolutely love it. I have a strong feeling of Shovel Knight when playing.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Finished Veteran mode last night. This game is great!

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I backed the physical copy, PS4, at 200 bucks so I have a free code coming for Curse of the Moon. In the meantime, I am playing Curse on Steam and I am really digging it. A bit easy but the aesthetic is spot on. The OST, in particular, is impressive. I think the Alchemist is my favorite of the four characters. Great level design and the enemies are all VERY familiar haha

All in all, Igarashi understood what the backers wanted out of Bloodstained and is giving them that perfect nostalgia with Curse of the Moon. It's a good assurance that Ritual has been worth the wait.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Curse Of The Moon is so friggin good!

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
CotM is really, really good for a little $10 deal/stretch goal. Makes me expect even better from the main game than I had been.

This feels like basically the opposite of what happened with Mighty No. 9.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Again, this game is fantastic, and I agree, I'm looking forward to the main game more now.

Here is my brothers' and my review on Youtube:

-SD-

Camel Slug
Good review, you have a ‘like’... :buttrock:

Been playing this myself the past couple of evenings. Great game, really enjoying it. Hopefully this means the main Bloodstained is going to be just as impressive.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Good review, you have a ‘like’... :buttrock:

Been playing this myself the past couple of evenings. Great game, really enjoying it. Hopefully this means the main Bloodstained is going to be just as impressive.

It's going to be great, trust me ;)