Koji Igarashi announces Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, launches Kickstarter page

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
If anyone picks up Curse for the 3DS, please share your thoughts. I was going to pick this up for either Vita or Switch and wouldn't mind double dipping if it supports a nice 3D mode.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Just received email that backer codes have dropped. On way to work though...

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
This doesn't remind me of Mighty No 9 in any way. Nope, no sir, not at all.

I didn't hate that game, but it was pretty underwhelming after all the hype and all the waiting. Hopefully Iga can deliver a better product in the end than Inafune did.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I was also in this for the Vita, but if Switch is now an option (can't remember from the last survey) I'll go that route.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Me too. Refund incoming.

Same especially since their main claim is Sony is discontinuing adding Vita & PS3 games to PSN+. Wtf does that have to do with the game other then obviously they planned to make it a free game which is shitty

I was also in this for the Vita, but if Switch is now an option (can't remember from the last survey) I'll go that route.

It is, it became a option when they canceled the WiiU port

Sythe

Ninja Combat Warrior
I backed this game for WAY too much money. And after playing Hollow Knight, they are going to need more time then 2019 to make it worth it. I know they are different styles, but Kickstarter Metroidvania has a king they did not see coming. And neither did I sadly lol

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I don't see any reason for going for the Vita if a Switch version is available (which I believe everyone has at this point)

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Nope. Sony guy. Or Microsoft.

Yeah it would have been nice to get one last anticipated (by me anyway) game for the Vita, instead of all the weeb visual novels and LRG bullshit.

Sucks for people that backed the Vita version.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's kinda funny that development is taking SO LONG that we've pretty much in a different console generation now. This is why Konami didn't want you anymore, Iga.

famicommander

15 Year Member
It's kinda funny that development is taking SO LONG that we've pretty much in a different console generation now. This is why Konami didn't want you anymore, Iga.

Turns out publishers perform a sometimes necessary function. Who knew?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

I dunno man, major publishers give you better tools and resources for these types of products, plus some people need a guy lighting a fire under their ass talking about deadlines. If this was a Konami venture, it would have been different.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I think the big issue is that creative types tend to need a leash around them to keep them reigned in so they can actually get something done. Inafune, Kojima, Chris Roberts, and plenty more seem to have this problem when they go off on their own.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I think the big issue is that creative types tend to need a leash around them to keep them reigned in so they can actually get something done. Inafune, Kojima, Chris Roberts, and plenty more seem to have this problem when they go off on their own.

Never heard of Chris Roberts before, looked at his wiki:

Star Citizen was announced in 2012 in a Kickstarter campaign as a spiritual successor to Robert's previous games, the Wing Commander series and Freelancer. The initial estimated target release date during the crowdfunding campaign was 2014, and has since been delayed repeatedly as the game grew in scale

That is downright shameful. Thankfully in 2018 people seem to have learned that kickstarter is a kind of scam.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
The rumor I saw was Vita and WiiU can't do Unreal Engine 4, so the effort to port the game for those systems would've been too much effort, and they were buying time.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Never heard of Chris Roberts before, looked at his wiki:

That is downright shameful. Thankfully in 2018 people seem to have learned that kickstarter is a kind of scam.

Kickstarter is just a platform. I've backed several that worked out great, including Quan's and cdamm's.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Kickstarter is just a platform. I've backed several that worked out great, including Quan's and cdamm's.

Difference between supporting friends and supporting strangers who can take your money and have nothing to show for it six years later.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Difference between supporting friends and supporting strangers who can take your money and have nothing to show for it six years later.

I backed Kickstarters from strangers that worked out too, like Hyper Light Drifter.

Just have to be smart about who gets how much of your money.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Wow, didn't see this coming.

wUX6DeWg_400x400.jpg

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
shudders

edit: wrong thread but now can't remember which one this was supposed to go in

Last edited:

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
This better be worth it. There are a ton of metriodvania style games on the market now, and many are really great. So this better be great

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I'm cool with it...

Let the game be finished.

People want to rush the game, than gonna complain it isn't polished...