Firearm enthusiast thread

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
I'm 99% certain you're asking this to troll. Anything else means you're naive and ignorant or an idiot. I hope the former if you're not trolling.

How you aren't understanding exactly what I meant by that post is baffling.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Going to go plop down some $$ for a Ruger SR 22 today (if they have one). I was going to get one next spring but with the elections coming up, I really do not want to risk anything. Morons being what they are, god only knows what is going to happen to the firearms market after Nov.

Either way, with my daughter turning 9 next summer, it's time she learn how to shoot a pistol and that Ruger is a great place to start.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Going to go plop down some $$ for a Ruger SR 22 today (if they have one). I was going to get one next spring but with the elections coming up, I really do not want to risk anything. Morons being what they are, god only knows what is going to happen to the firearms market after Nov.

Either way, with my daughter turning 9 next summer, it's time she learn how to shoot a pistol and that Ruger is a great place to start.

my wife has one. it is a decent little piece. how is the stock on .22 in stores? we stocked up on some back when things got scarce. has it gotten any better?

And I feel you on buying now over waiting until after the election. I may grab a lower receiver soon just to have it in case I can't get it next year.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
my wife has one. it is a decent little piece. how is the stock on .22 in stores? we stocked up on some back when things got scarce. has it gotten any better?

And I feel you on buying now over waiting until after the election. I may grab a lower receiver soon just to have it in case I can't get it next year.

.22 has slowly began to hit sire shelves, but the prices on bulk ammo have definitely gone up. Late 2012, I was buying Blazer bulk in the 500-550 rd packs for $15 all day, every day. It was bar none the best plinking .22 on the market. Accurate, reliable, and hot enough to cycle semi auto firearms. I literally have not a single box of that since late 2012, not one.

Now? I have been routinely seeing the 325 Federal Automatch on store shelves in the $17-18 range. It has proven to be good stuff with only 1 or 2 failed rounds per box. Sadly, I was paying 2.5-3 cents per round, now it's 5.5.

I just saw (and picked up) a few 50rd packs of CCI Stingers yesterday. At $7/box that just about what they were back in '12 funny enough. They are bar none the premier .22 round in my book. Freaking hot and HP for small game.

As for buying...I've learned my lesson. 2008 Obama was elected, 2012 when he was elected the second time, 2013 with the post Newtown law pass scare, and the recent freak out. Panic buying seems to be the new way of things. Early '13 was the worst, people were buying everything that wasn't nailed down including ammo. .22LR took the biggest hit and still hasn't recovered. Like I said, I've learned my lesson. If I have the $$, the price is what I consider "fair" and it's available, I don't put off buying what I want like I used to.

If Clinton gets in the White House, it will be another idiot driven panic all over again, I promise. This kind of bullshit scare tactics doesn't help either:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/10/16/clinton-announces-massive-gun-control-plan/

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
one of my least favorite things about being a gun owner is worrying about the legal climate. i want to get a 9mm pistol and an SMG (HK, MP5 style something)before shit hits the fan, those are really the only guns i want for practical use. thankfully I live in PA where i think gun laws will stay pretty nice for a while.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
one of my least favorite things about being a gun owner is worrying about the legal climate. i want to get a 9mm pistol and an SMG (HK, MP5 style something)before shit hits the fan, those are really the only guns i want for practical use. thankfully I live in PA where i think gun laws will stay pretty nice for a while.

Welcome to it...it's a shitty reality.

As long as congress and the presidency are in a stand still, don't expect much happening. Clinton really cannot accomplish much without the backing of Congress.

Personally, I don't see sweeping bans anytime soon. I will say I'll be shocked if another set of laws like the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban doesn't get passed sometime down the line. Morons just love to think that this would fix things and even though the original had little to no effect on gun crime, they're stupid enough to do it again.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Welcome to it...it's a shitty reality.

As long as congress and the presidency are in a stand still, don't expect much happening. Clinton really cannot accomplish much without the backing of Congress.

Personally, I don't see sweeping bans anytime soon. I will say I'll be shocked if another set of laws like the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban doesn't get passed sometime down the line. Morons just love to think that this would fix things and even though the original had little to no effect on gun crime, they're stupid enough to do it again.

Executive order can still fuck us. And if this stale mate congress does not get off there ass, they will be out on their asses.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Be grateful you're not in California.
I'm not sure how legal my few guns even are anymore.

When they says "common sense" gun laws, they mean "incomprehensible legal morass".

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
My habit as of 2008 was every payday I buy something.
Usually just a box of ammo, or a magazine.
It doesn't it sound like much but if you are buying 200 rounds of 9mm (4 boxes) a month that's 2400 rounds, or two & 1/2 cases a year & you never really feel the sting.
Everything else is either saved up for or a too good to pass up deal.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Took out the Ruger SR22 today.

As always, I did a field strip and a full cleaning of the firearm once I got it home. It took a second to figure out how to get the slide off, but once you do, it's easy to disassemble. I will say that the guide rod is a super flimsy piece of plastic, so that is going to go ASAP. Plenty of companies make SS rods for them and they're well under $20. Besides that, the firearm is extremely well made, or at least it seems that way.

Some other notes:
The hammer spring is a tough one and takes some serious thumb to cock back manually
The safety doubles as a de-cocker which is a bit odd too.
If you do de-cock, the double action is a bit stout but not horrible for an adult
Single action is great, it is smooth and easy to pull once the hammer is back.

Trigger play:
The trigger has about 3/8" take-up before it gets to firing position. Once fired, there is close to a 3/8" forward release before reset, then about 1/4" take-up before engagement is once again achived. Very standard duty pistol mechanics and nearly like any other DA/SA pistol I've shot. There is no grit in the pull what so ever, very smooth. I had zero issues on a ten round magazine dumps.

In all, I ran some 100+ rounds through it with zero malfunctions. I was running new Federal Automatch 325 bulk box ammo.

Now, for the fun part. This pistol was purchased for my 8 year old daughter to learn with. She shot it wonderfully and got the hand of it within the first magazine. She's still struggling a bit with iron sights, but that will come. I was more than pleased with the rise and shooting character of the pistol as it didn't give her a single problem with gripping and handling the recoil.

So far, this is a fun little pistol to shoot?'m sure I'll have many awesome range sessions with my little girl shooting this thing.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
So for months I've been getting these lame hype-drive emails from Springfield Armory talking about..........DA "SAINT"

...oh, just you fucking wait, da saint is going to kick ass and smoke grass...

NOV 1...prepare yourself...cuz mind = blown.

I get to work and open my email.

A fucking AR 15...and not an overly interesting one at that.

LOL...an AR. Months of dumb email hype for a gun I already own.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Speaking of SA...and that dumb Saint rifle...take a look at this:

30143294254_4402fa1d47_z.jpg

Any bets on how long that guy will shoot that thing like that before he burns his support hand clean off?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Finally got my CPL! :)

Any good place to check out for Black Friday deals?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
A few shops near me used to carry .22lr bricks for $15-20

I haven't seen them in stock in years.. something about different gov agencies purchasing massive stock from manufacturers & creating artificial shortages

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Speaking of SA...and that dumb Saint rifle...take a look at this:

30143294254_4402fa1d47_z.jpg

Any bets on how long that guy will shoot that thing like that before he burns his support hand clean off?

Lmao was wondering the same thing... Wow springfield...

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Jan 1, Missouri is going conceal carry without a permit.
I would not want to be a cop right about now.