Firearm enthusiast thread

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Hasn't been a real problem anywhere else it's been implemented.
Why any different here?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Hasn't been a real problem anywhere else it's been implemented.
Why any different here?

I was going to say...concealed carry is not a problem, for anyone. That I know of, there is zero data to point to concealed carry being any from of public safety issue.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Eh, the sky won't fall. Other places have "constitutional" carry and chaos didn't erupt. That said KC and STL are probably the first large cities to be under the jurisdiction of such a law.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Eh, the sky won't fall. Other places have "constitutional" carry and chaos didn't erupt. That said KC and STL are probably the first large cities to be under the jurisdiction of such a law.

...and they need to be. Private businesses saying they do not allow CCW is one thing, a city is another. KC or SLT (or Chicago for that matter) being able to have their own rules is bullshit.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
so.. is the CCW revoked? doesn't a Gun-Free zone in a CCW state kind of defeat the purpose

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
so.. is the CCW revoked? doesn't a Gun-Free zone in a CCW state kind of defeat the purpose

No, it's still in place & I would still recommend getting one if for nothing else than reciprocity with other states.
Far as the criminal empowerment zones. Vote with your feet/wallet & tell them why.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
There are still "gun free" zones that carrying a firearm on will land you a nice felony: most schools, federal property, etc.

Some constitutional carry states grant additional privileges with a CCW permit and there is the reciprocity thing as Hellion mentioned. I kinda hope we get a federal reciprocity bill finally under Trump.

Last edited:

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
If I could order 5000 rd cases of CCI Blazer bulk for $150...like back in the good old days, I'd be elated.

i had to spend $70 on 1000 rounds of .22 yesterday.

There are still "gun free" zones that carrying a firearm on will land you a nice felony: most schools, federal property, etc.

and those are the ones i pay attention to.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I wouldn't bother with Missouri CCW permit. MO driver license doesn't even work at government sites anymore. I had to use my passport as valid ID at a military base last week.
I wouldn't expect much reciprocity outside of IL.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor

Some constitutional carry states grant additional privileges with a CCW permit and there is the reciprocity thing as Hellion mentioned. I kinda hope we get a federal reciprocity bill finally under Trump.

Feds need to stay out of gun laws, next pres could be anti-gun and you're gonna wish federal mandates on reciprocity didn't exist.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
shop nearby has a second hand Troy PAR .308 in stock kinda tempted to grab one for the hunting season $800

https://youtu.be/qFCNxlLJaEg

Take this for what it is worth...100% personal opinion.

I don't like .308 ARs...not in the slightest. To be 100% honest, I've never really understood the use for them.

ARs, to me, are supposed to be lightweight firearms capable of suppressing fire via controllable function. 308 "AR10s" are monstrous things, heavy, hard kicking. I know what the specs say concerning weight, but I also know what they feel like in person. I've long played with the thought of getting one only to go physically mess with it and then put it back on the shelf. All of the balance a good gas AR has is lost (quite like the trendy "piston" ARs, which are too front heavy).

Truth be told, in 308, I'd much rather have a SA M1A. They are great to shoot and extremely well balanced firearms. One of these is still on my "one day" list.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Take this for what it is worth...100% personal opinion.

I don't like .308 ARs...not in the slightest. To be 100% honest, I've never really understood the use for them.

ARs, to me, are supposed to be lightweight firearms capable of suppressing fire via controllable function. 308 "AR10s" are monstrous things, heavy, hard kicking. I know what the specs say concerning weight, but I also know what they feel like in person. I've long played with the thought of getting one only to go physically mess with it and then put it back on the shelf. All of the balance a good gas AR has is lost (quite like the trendy "piston" ARs, which are too front heavy).

Truth be told, in 308, I'd much rather have a SA M1A. They are great to shoot and extremely well balanced firearms. One of these is still on my "one day" list.

And I disagree. Weight is definitely noticeable while being slightly heavier. But the knock down capability of the 308 is amazing especially for bigger game.

I dont feel the recoil is that much worse it is on an AR platform and you will notice the difference but is severely reduced.

Plus its fun to shoot.

But in my opinion hunting with an AR is a little too heavy for hiking amd hunting with.

Its fun but smoke house is right it does not serve much purpose outside of war.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
And I disagree. Weight is definitely noticeable while being slightly heavier. But the knock down capability of the 308 is amazing especially for bigger game.

I dont feel the recoil is that much worse it is on an AR platform and you will notice the difference but is severely reduced.

Plus its fun to shoot.

But in my opinion hunting with an AR is a little too heavy for hiking amd hunting with.

...again, its right back to the balance of the thing. I personally have zip again 308, its the AR10 form factor I do not like. They're just too front heavy and feel off balance. Having spent time with both, I'd still take a M1A any day of the week. If you want a hiking 308, the SOCOM 16 is very compact. Granted, it's a fire barking little stinker, but it's a great rifle to shoot.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
308 w a pistol grip is a comfy steady (single) shot..

can't hunt w anything less than a 30-30

gonna be sitting in a vantage point not sludging through a rice paddy

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
308 w a pistol grip is a comfy steady (single) shot..

can't hunt w anything less than a 30-30

gonna be sitting in a vantage point not sludging through a rice paddy

Go for it! Not sure on the price on the Troy. But most 308 AR platforms are well over a grand.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
one of my least favorite things about being a gun owner is worrying about the legal climate. i want to get a 9mm pistol and an SMG (HK, MP5 style something)before shit hits the fan, those are really the only guns i want for practical use. thankfully I live in PA where i think gun laws will stay pretty nice for a while.

Lol, Sylvie- why would you need an SMG for 'practical use'? Do a lot of drive-bys do you? :keke:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Lol, Sylvie- why would you need an SMG for 'practical use'? Do a lot of drive-bys do you? :keke:

haven't you ever watched die hard or any action movie with 'bad guys'? *practical use = defense in imaginable situations?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Damn near bought a CZ Scorpion pistol today. It was literally the first one I've seen...ever. For now I passed...but some day soon.

They also had a PMR 30 for $349...I wanted to pick it up too...

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
haven't you ever watched die hard or any action movie with 'bad guys'? *practical use = defense in imaginable situations?

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that scenario, Karou, lol.

Now it's time for our little killer kitten Sylvie to confirm that's what she needs a highly deadly :very_ang:submachine gun:very_ang: for?

Inquiring minds want to know.