you found out you can't post new threads in the master forum! what can you do?

MysticJoJo

Overtop Pathfinder
Okay. Up! I've cleaned all of the buttons out individually, cleaned under the plexiglass, un-bent the access panel metal doors, and I'm letting the next-to-last layer of wood filler dry. Woo!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Okay. Up! I've cleaned all of the buttons out individually, cleaned under the plexiglass, un-bent the access panel metal doors, and I'm letting the next-to-last layer of wood filler dry. Woo!

That's what you've been eating. The damn wood filler. I told you to stop eating that stuff. I've just rung Joe and he's pretty pissed you've unbent his access panel. Maybe you should apologize to Joe for the shit you've just put him through?

MysticJoJo

Overtop Pathfinder
Seriously, though. Given that I've got a work ram error of Address Write Read 0010140A AAAA AA8A, can anyone at least point me toward which chip I need to replace? I have one coming in the mail, hopefully in the next couple days, and would really love to have this thing working again, but can't post in the tech support forums because of the tremendously long waiting period, which I assume is to keep scammers out.

MysticJoJo

Overtop Pathfinder
Well, I've thus far narrowed it down to the Work RAM chips located at G-9 and H-9 on my MV-4F board, and given the early numbers in the error, it's probably the first of the RAM chips, but which one is "first"?

PaRappa

n00b
Hello! I have a problem with a NeoGeo AES cart (I'm a new member so sorry for posting this here, I don't have permissions to post elsewhere yet)...

I have an AES Nam-1975 cart, but the sound is scrambled. Voices come across as a jumbled mess and sound effects and music constantly mess up. I have other games and they play fine, but Nam just won't sound right no matter what...

I've thoroughly cleaned the contacts (They're shining) but still no luck...
I've opened the cart and looked inside, but nothing seems amiss, the boards look great...

I just got my AES (US Version - Which I am LOVING btw) and just want to know if it's more likely a problem with the AES or the cart...

Any help is HUGELY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

:)

podo38

n00b
O.K, I find myself in the same predicament not knowing how to post a thread. I have a lot of patience and would just like some honest answers here. I have inherited a SNK MVS cabinet that is old and need of some care. It's a 1 slot but that is all I know about it... I have searched everywhere and have not been able to find one quite like this. I would like to show you guys what it looks like and hopefully answer some questions I have.. Any feedback would be awesome!!!! Thanks for taking the time...
89NeoGeo.JPG

podo38

n00b
....I really hope to figure this out this place soon because it's been 2 weeks of me owning this time machine....Every day I sit on a milk crate and stare into the open back of my cabinet... I am killing to get started on this project and I really don't want to blast myself clear across my garage tinkering with high voltage when I haven't consulted any of the fine folks in this establishment....

MysticJoJo

Overtop Pathfinder
....I really hope to figure this out this place soon because it's been 2 weeks of me owning this time machine....Every day I sit on a milk crate and stare into the open back of my cabinet... I am killing to get started on this project and I really don't want to blast myself clear across my garage tinkering with high voltage when I haven't consulted any of the fine folks in this establishment....

So then what do you know to be wrong with it? When it's plugged in, and you hit the power switch, usually located behind the top coin case, what happens? Do any of the lights come on, do you hear any sounds, including fan whirring, or is there any message on the screen?

podo38

n00b
It powers up fine. I think the problem is in the old monitor.. The sides are curving inwards and the images are a mess of squares. I have tinkered with all the adjustment knobs but I don't think this is the issue, I think I need a newer monitor or something I'm not aware of. I also am new to these machines and would like to get a low down as to what everything is inside the cabinet.. I have many questions and a lot of learning but will not give up until I have this machine up and working...

synrgy87

n00b
It powers up fine. I think the problem is in the old monitor.. The sides are curving inwards and the images are a mess of squares. I have tinkered with all the adjustment knobs but I don't think this is the issue, I think I need a newer monitor or something I'm not aware of. I also am new to these machines and would like to get a low down as to what everything is inside the cabinet.. I have many questions and a lot of learning but will not give up until I have this machine up and working...

the squarryness probably wont be the monitor but the bending inwards or bowing might be may need a service just. bit of reflowing solder dry joint work or/and cap replacement.

podo38

n00b
Was thinking of cap replacement but need to learn a little more about that.. I have pics but too large to send. Will try and make them smaller..

podo38

n00b
Has anyone out there seen my pic I posted of the unit itself?? Any thoughts on it?? I have not seen the likes of it anywhere..

PaRappa

n00b
Any one able to help me out too with post #156?

Don't want it to get lost as I'm really struggling :(

Thank you :)

podo38

n00b
I guess it would depend on I individual comfort level and preference but is it wise to do the cap kit route or just overhaul the whole thing with LCD?? But then Again, what are the pros and cons of LCD

MysticJoJo

Overtop Pathfinder
CRT has a faster response time, and is pretty much lagless. Lots of people like the retro look of the CRT as well, as it's what they all came with. LCD is crisper and cheaper nowadays, and uses less power. That's about all I can think of.

podo38

n00b
I think I will look into a cap kit and whatever else before I rip the monitor out and hunk about the search for a newer one. I can solder but need to read up some first... Thanks!!

podo38

n00b
I have been searching around in the forum and wish I could be of some help to someone. Because I'm so new here and cannot post anywhere else at the moment, I'll have to post here. I have been looking very closly at my chassis and have determined that it is really messed. For one it is stamped 1982 and is so covered in sticky dusty mess I can't tell what is what. If I were to replace the chassis with a newer, this could solve some problems and perhaps save my monitor yes?? IMG_2421.JPGIMG_2422.JPG

MysticJoJo

Overtop Pathfinder
A good go at it with a can of compressed air wouldn't hurt, though if you're going to go messing around with the CRT, don't touch any of the internals unless you've given it at least a day with no power to discharge.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
A good go at it with a can of compressed air wouldn't hurt, though if you're going to go messing around with the CRT, don't touch any of the internals unless you've given it at least a day with no power to discharge.

Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT assume that because there's no power going to the cabinet that there isn't anything stored. The monitor needs to be properly discharged before working on it. You can remove the monitor for transport (at your own risk) with the bracket, chassis, and all, but I wouldn't recommend tinkering on it without properly discharging the monitor.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member

Sounds like a good way to end up in the hospital.

If you are lucky.

MysticJoJo

Overtop Pathfinder
Then we could all probably use a good tutorial on how to do that. A day with no power was what my old MCSE guide told me, but I'm still scared to touch the things after weeks of non-use.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Then we could all probably use a good tutorial on how to do that. A day with no power was what my old MCSE guide told me, but I'm still scared to touch the things after weeks of non-use.

A Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert guide? Wait...wut?