you found out you can't post new threads in the master forum! what can you do?

SCARTicus

n00b
Hello, I joined this forum after I completed my custom MVS. It is essentially an MV1B stuffed inside a large 2player control panel I built out of MDF with a slot at the top for the carts to stick out, right above player one's controls. All Industrias Lorenzo controls. I've always loved videogaming, ever since I was like 3 and mom came home one day with an NES. Nothing, however, has ever beaten the fun I have with NeoGeo arcade games. I've stopped playing more modern games. Now it's just my SegaCD and the NEOGEO that I never thought I would be able to own.

Thunderblaze16

New Challenger
Well hello there, new to the Neo forums. For some time now, I been hearing about how there's a lot of drama that happens here and thought to myself. Hey, I like drama! So I finally decided to sign up in here and hopefully get to see some of that drama, know the community better from time to time and maybe buy a few things from you guys!

synrgy87

n00b
Dramarama

Recently jumped in the neo geo deep end, as that's just how i roll. trying to bring a MVS back from the dead,

posting this at 3:32am, fun times!

MysticJoJo

Overtop Pathfinder
Hey everyone! I'm a new member as well, unable to start a new thread because of said newness. I just got an MVS cabinet of my own, a great deal and hopefully a simple fix for what's wrong with it, though I may need some help from you more experienced members. I know my way around a soldering iron, but I'm not familiar with the innards of a neo-geo and hope to get this Work RAM Error dealt with and get to playing the games that came with the cabinet! If anyone's interested, I can post some pics of the cabinet before I get to restoring it.

synrgy87

n00b
day 5. still can't do anything, any hope lads? made posts, filled in my profile, said hello in here, what more do i need to do?

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Well hello there, new to the Neo forums. For some time now, I been hearing about how there's a lot of drama that happens here and thought to myself. Hey, I like drama! So I finally decided to sign up in here and hopefully get to see some of that drama, know the community better from time to time and maybe buy a few things from you guys!

Is this for real?

MysticJoJo

Overtop Pathfinder
day 5. still can't do anything, any hope lads? made posts, filled in my profile, said hello in here, what more do i need to do?

Day 2...I think I've started to hallucinate. I had an incredible conversation with what later turned out to be a palm tree. Set out rocks in the shape of a call for help, but I fear my full activation may be too late and I will starve long before I'm able to ask the tech support forum how to get the water out of my joystick panel...If any of you read this, you must carry on my legacy. I've buried my 4-slot MVS and hidden clues throughout the island as to its location.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Day 2...I think I've started to hallucinate. I had an incredible conversation with what later turned out to be a palm tree. Set out rocks in the shape of a call for help, but I fear my full activation may be too late and I will starve long before I'm able to ask the tech support forum how to get the water out of my joystick panel...If any of you read this, you must carry on my legacy. I've buried my 4-slot MVS and hidden clues throughout the island as to its location.

Now this...THIS is a quality post! Welcome aboard JoJo, and good luck with your cab, man! Hopefully you can get that bad boy up and running soon ;)

MysticJoJo

Overtop Pathfinder
Well, I'm going to head out in a little bit to grab some wood filler putty and some behr grenadine paint, then see about starting to restore the cabinet to its former glory before I get the innards working. If it comes down to it, I'll just have to find someone to repair the board for me, but hopefully the part I ordered yesterday is all I need. As a side note, does anyone know what to do about having no key for the marquee area?

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I've seen a lot of people drill out the locks, though I'm not sure that's the 'best' solution. Someone here should have an answer though.

synrgy87

n00b
Well, I'm going to head out in a little bit to grab some wood filler putty and some behr grenadine paint, then see about starting to restore the cabinet to its former glory before I get the innards working. If it comes down to it, I'll just have to find someone to repair the board for me, but hopefully the part I ordered yesterday is all I need. As a side note, does anyone know what to do about having no key for the marquee area?

i'd take the board out first and check it for the battery incase it's leaking

MysticJoJo

Overtop Pathfinder
Oh, I took out the board, the battery seems okay, though obviously it has some glue around there. How do I determine whether it's leaking? This has probably been answered elsewhere, hasn't it?

synrgy87

n00b
Oh, I took out the board, the battery seems okay, though obviously it has some glue around there. How do I determine whether it's leaking? This has probably been answered elsewhere, hasn't it?

there's a battery leak thread over in the tech support section, has plenty of pictures, you could probably tell by looking at it if it's been leaking, the acid eats up the board and traces on the PCB

MysticJoJo

Overtop Pathfinder
Oh, then mine's fine. the board looks to be in incredible shape, can't see any broken traces and I looked. It just had a 20-year layer of dust I had to wipe off.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Oh, then mine's fine. the board looks to be in incredible shape, can't see any broken traces and I looked. It just had a 20-year layer of dust I had to wipe off.

Don't even fucking start me Mystic. I told you last time to wash those boards. Jesus no one fucking listens to me here.

MysticJoJo

Overtop Pathfinder
Last time? I don't see any other replies from you, but I've actually gone ahead and washed them in PCB cleaning solution I got from the electronics store. The error persists.

The place I bought it from, the owner said that the maintenance guy died the day before he was to finish fixing the board. Claimed something about a bad diode, but there don't appear to be any blown on the board. It's rather possible that he just misheard. I bought the last of the RAM chips from arcadecomponents.com, but will one be enough to fix the problem? Also, I have a forgotten worlds board, if I can cannibalize any parts from it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Last time? I don't see any other replies from you

What you don't remember? Seriously you're going to pull the whole 'uhh I dunno' card on me? Fuck me jesus. You may as well fall over and die already. Meet me and joe at the Mexican diner tomorrow night and we'll reset your fucking brain.

MysticJoJo

Overtop Pathfinder
I think you're either trying to pull some not-terribly-elaborate ruse on me or you've genuinely got me confused with someone else who appears to have pissed you off at some point. I'm going to assume the latter for now, though was there really a Knoxvillian in here before with a nonresponsive 4-slotter?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I think you're either trying to pull some not-terribly-elaborate ruse on me or you've genuinely got me confused with someone else who appears to have pissed you off at some point. I'm going to assume the latter for now, though was there really a Knoxvillian in here before with a nonresponsive 4-slotter?

A ruse? ... Looks like me and Joe REALLY need to get that fucking brain in order. Let me just call Joe and let him know the real situation at hand. He will NOT be happy to hear you've forgotten about the whole situation. You need to understand you had a contract with Joe. Again, Mexican Diner tomorrow 6pm SHARP.

MysticJoJo

Overtop Pathfinder
Uh...huh. I guess that I should have expected to have some drama lumped on me when I tried to join this forum, I just was kinda hoping, y'know, it'd be fresh. I think I've just been served some hand-me-down drama ._.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Uh...huh. I guess that I should have expected to have some drama lumped on me when I tried to join this forum, I just was kinda hoping, y'know, it'd be fresh. I think I've just been served some hand-me-down drama ._.

Don't be so down son, you'll be okay. You just need a bit of special time with good friend Joe here. You'll be fixed in good time. Now just relax and take this good helping of BZ. We'll see you in 4 days.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
So then I guess you don't know much about fixing my machine, then ._.

Again with this down shite. You need some uppers. Good man Joe's seen your situation and feels pity. So here we go son lets get this party started! GET THE FUCK UP!!