you found out you can't post new threads in the master forum! what can you do?

noir

Overtop Pathfinder
You are willing to pay someone to do what you could do in your own home for free.

I'm not a crafty guy! My biggest problem has actually been finding clean sources to print with. JNX scans were the best I could find, but some still looked wonky after I printed them. So yeah, I'm at a place where I'll gladly pay a couple bucks for professional looking labels if I can.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I'm not a crafty guy! My biggest problem has actually been finding clean sources to print with. JNX scans were the best I could find, but some still looked wonky after I printed them. So yeah, I'm at a place where I'll gladly pay a couple bucks for professional looking labels if I can.

You can't figure out how to use scissors and tape?

I weep for these n00bz, I really do.

Last edited:

noir

Overtop Pathfinder
You can't figure out how to use scissors and tape?

I weep for these n00bz, I really do.

I already have enough carts with home printed labels that have square corners and are barely held on with glue. Between wanting something that looks like an original printed label, has properly cut rounded corners, and will be more durable than normal paper, it just seemed easier to ask if somebody prints them professionally than to do them myself. Sorry this turned out to be such a controversial thing to ask about.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Sorry this turned out to be such a controversial thing to ask about.

Laziness isn't "controversial", it's just lazy.

But, hey, go throw your money at that fucking reject Liquid Snake to do something that you could have done yourself for a fraction of the cost in no time at all.

Go knock yourself out, not my money.

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,

You do not have to be "crafty" to print MVS labels. I have printed a bunch of them on standard self-adhesive paper, using a regular Epson inkjet printer. Since they are mostly black, they turn out nice IMO. Then I put transparent tape over them, cut them and stick them to the cart. They do not look as the originals, but they allow me to know ehich game I am looking at, that's all I want from them.

noir

Overtop Pathfinder
You do not have to be "crafty" to print MVS labels. I have printed a bunch of them on standard self-adhesive paper, using a regular Epson inkjet printer. Since they are mostly black, they turn out nice IMO. Then I put transparent tape over them, cut them and stick them to the cart. They do not look as the originals, but they allow me to know ehich game I am looking at, that's all I want from them.

Where did you grab your images to print them? MVS Scans? JNX?

noir

Overtop Pathfinder
JNX. They are high resolution, they look fine. If you print them on a laser printer, may look even better.

Alright, maybe I'll give some others a shot. The SS IV label I tried previously looked goofy next to a legit one, which is what led me to look for other options.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hi everyone,
Newly registered to the forums :) Joined recently as I have found out finally after many gaming years mainly on SNES and Megadrive just how awesome Neo Geo games are, cannot believe I missed out on playing this platform for so long haha

At the minute hardware wise I own a NGPC with a small collection of games, and am buying most Neo Geo releases on Nintendo Switch, King of Fighters 98 and Metal Slug 3 along with Neo Turf Masters are my most played games so far!

Would love to own an original AES but looking at the price of the games generally they are a bit out of my price range for making a good collection I think, so was considering going the Neo Geo CD route as I see the game prices are generally a lot lower than their AES brethren :)

Really great to be here, and looking forward to finding out all the Neo Geo gems I have missed out on for so long! :D

Shipwreck_00

Armored Scrum Object
Hi everyone,
Newly registered to the forums :) Joined recently as I have found out finally after many gaming years mainly on SNES and Megadrive just how awesome Neo Geo games are, cannot believe I missed out on playing this platform for so long haha

At the minute hardware wise I own a NGPC with a small collection of games, and am buying most Neo Geo releases on Nintendo Switch, King of Fighters 98 and Metal Slug 3 along with Neo Turf Masters are my most played games so far!

Would love to own an original AES but looking at the price of the games generally they are a bit out of my price range for making a good collection I think, so was considering going the Neo Geo CD route as I see the game prices are generally a lot lower than their AES brethren :)

Really great to be here, and looking forward to finding out all the Neo Geo gems I have missed out on for so long! :D

Welcome Magn0x!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Hi Magn0x. The ship on owning a Homecart collection has sailed for you. Let it go. Not only are the prices insane but the market is infested with boots/conversions and scalpers looking for noobs like you to rip off.

Your best bet is to get a NeoSD, it lets you play the roms on the original hardware as a genuine cart would. Combine with a home console (+mods) or even better a (C)MVS [e.g. Omega or made for you by Xian Xi of Jmma Nation X].

NeoCD is ok, but the load times are truly bad. Safe your money, invest in a good Stick (+Display).

&play the games.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Your best bet is to get a NeoSD, it lets you play the roms on the original hardware as a genuine cart would. Combine with a home console (+mods) or even better a (C)MVS [e.g. Omega or made for you by Xian Xi of Jmma Nation X].

Hi xsq :)
Thanks for the advice! Does the NeoSD hold many games at once? Its sounds like it might be a good option for me :D

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Awesome stuff thanks :)

Just had a watch of a review of it on youtube and it looks amazing, the front end is really nice!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
:lolz:

It's rough enough out there without us turning on each other I'd say lol

This sickly luvvy duvvy posting is making my stomach turn...

I wish I never read it now...

xROTx

PS. Wake me when we get some man a mano type bitchin'....

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
:keke: Aw come on, rot. It's the weekend. All the good drama tends to happen on weekdays.