Worst '90s CD-ROM Console (addons included)

Worst '90s CD-ROM console

• Total voters

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
CDI 'wins' by a landside..its hardly a console, more of an interactive educational shitbox

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
Cd-i with the Jag cd being 2nd since mine died shortly after purchase (used and quite old but still!)

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Slightly off topic, was Burn Cycle (CD-I) and Aliens vs Predator (Jaguar) ever released on other consoles or PC?
I remember playing them for some 15 minutes at kiosks at The Good Guys when they were still around.
Kind of want to play them again.

Burn Cycle was, Aliens vs Predator on PC was a totally different game.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Anyone who votes Playstation or anything from Sega, including CD, is a hipster douchebag who needs to take their mini fedora and shove it up their ass.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Voted CD-i since it is a pile of shit and I feel like piling on. Absolute worst, I haven't owned a Playdia but I will take cdamm's word for it.

It is not on the list but remember the Nuon, that was also a horrible system.

844179-jc2k4_nuon.jpg

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
Anyone who votes Playstation or anything from Sega, including CD, is a hipster douchebag who needs to take their mini fedora and shove it up their ass.

Same for Turbo CD.

I think I could almost make an argument for Neo Geo CD: it took fantastic fighting games and added horrible load times between rounds. The other trash on the list are of course really bad, but no expected anything from them, Neo Geo had established standards for itself.

o.pwuaioc

Crossed Swords Squire
Same for Turbo CD.
That was just Opethian trolling.

I think I could almost make an argument for Neo Geo CD: it took fantastic fighting games and added horrible load times between rounds. The other trash on the list are of course really bad, but no expected anything from them, Neo Geo had established standards for itself.
If you get it for everything but fighting games, it's a very decent console. Not Saturn/PS1/Turbo CD-worthy, but at least on par with Sega CD, imo.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
If you get it for everything but fighting games, it's a very decent console. Not Saturn/PS1/Turbo CD-worthy, but at least on par with Sega CD, imo.

I have one, and that's pretty much how I use it.

I'd still like to get a CMVS, though.