Why do people worship Apple?

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
They're products aren't any better than other brands... How did it become "cool" to wear white earphones? You look like a total asshat with them on.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
They're products aren't any better than other brands... How did it become "cool" to wear white earphones? You look like a total asshat with them on.

Cuz 1984 doesnt have to be like 1984.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Don't worry, the iPods are out of stlye already. It won't be long before the rest of Apple is too.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Why do people worship Nintendo?

Think about it.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I don't worship Apple. I just prefer their OS over Windows. Very stable and built on realiable hardware. Only reason I own an iPod mini was because I got it used at a great price. Before that I had been using my nGage with a 512MMC as my MP3 player.

Curt

apostate
Apple's Shit is made solid. OSX is awesome. And people like to be the rebel/underdog.

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
Everything just works, man.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Final Cut Pro, Motion, and DVD Studio Pro > Adobe is my reason today.

Yay video editing.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
To own an Apple is to Rebel? I understand the underdog attribute. But I wouldn't consider someone owning an Apple as being rebelious. Just that they prefer the Mac OS, GUI and experience.

slerch666

updyke,
Because they were/are the "under dog." People like to root for the under dogs.

Their OS is more stable? Than what, XP? What do you use a Mac for? If it's for gaming, forget about it. Sure, there are a few games, but not the diarhea of releases that there are for Windows. Of course, it will then be argued that how many of those games are good, but whatever.

There's more software available for a Windows based PC, and IMO, that's at least part of the reason why PCs are so "unstable" when compared to Macs. Adobe has more reason to continue pushing the envelope on the PC side of things than they do on the Mac because they don't have all that much competition in the Mac market. They, or anyone, can concentrate harder on making a good product that is stable on the Mac simply because they can spend the time to make it right. In the Windows world it's "flush it into the market and let the END USER be the tester!" It's bullshit, but that's the way it is.

Think about this for your Mac stability: how many manufacturers are there of Mac hardware? Not many, so it's not like the OS has to be bloated with drivers for boards that were released 5-10 years ago. If Apple doesn't want you to use a piece of hardware on their OS, all they do is change the system specs for the OS and BAM, problem solved. Sure, they do support some hardware from years prior, but nothing like the idiots who use Windows expect.

So IMO it's less hardware and software that makes a Mac shine. It's not because Apple are genius coders, it's the fact that they make their own systems, so they know what to design for. In the PC world every PC could potentially be a different beast. How many people here have Frankensteins monster of PCs? A part from here, one from there, 3 from this old machine and so on? To me Mac's are best compared to a console. There's a set platform for coders to design to, and that's what they shoot for. PCs it's a never ending moving target.

Macs are great for what they are. Windows PCs are great as the jack of all trades. Both are good for their respective areas. Linux is a sort of best of both worlds... less software, more hardware possibilities.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Curt said:
Apple's Shit is made solid. OSX is awesome. And people like to be the rebel/underdog.

Just don't upgrade to 10.3, I hear they are now basing the OS on Unix. Gay move on Apple's part.

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
ki atuchi whatshisname's been ghosted. :kekeke: :chimp:

aria

Former Moderator
I went on a big rant when I ended 12 years of PC ownership (or, as it used to be called, "IBM") for a Mac last May, and it broke down to: I wanted a computer where I didn't have to worry about the multitude of different software/hardware company software/parts working well with each other. I now know what I use my computer for: business, internet, writing, photo editing and video editing, and I wanted a system that would do all of that in the least buggy environment without having to geek out with Linux or something --I simply don't have the time for that anymore. So I paid a little more and got something that I hope will be stable. We'll see if it works that way, but after talking with people, I'm optimistic.

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
Think different :)

H

hermegildo

Apple is not the underdog, it has become so fucking mainstream thanks to the iPod that it's not even funny. They're pretty with lots of eye candy and are fairly stable, but that's it. They're way overpriced, underpowered, lack compatibility, has pretty much the same programs windows has (lol @ office for macs) and some of the base concepts on them are really stupid (one button mouse? c'mon).

The real underdog in the OS/computer world is Linux.

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
hermegildo said:

Amen!

kernow might utter something similer. But somehow "yer" just comes to mind.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
hermegildo said:
Apple is not the underdog, it has become so fucking mainstream thanks to the iPod that it's not even funny. They're pretty with lots of eye candy and are fairly stable, but that's it. They're way overpriced, underpowered, lack compatibility, has pretty much the same programs windows has (lol @ office for macs) and some of the base concepts on them are really stupid (one button mouse? c'mon).

For any type of image or video editing Macs blow PC out of the water.

Its true.

H

hermegildo

Nesagwa said:
For any type of image or video editing Macs blow PC out of the water.

Its true.
I've used both macs and PCs for video editing and I've never noticed a difference.

Macs seem more cumbersome even because of the single mouse button.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Curt said:

Then I'd like to introduce you to my g4 tower that has fatal kernel faults about 3 times a day.

:)

I really *did* like apple until the IPod craze. They rehash and reissue the same shit worse than nintendo *Ever* could.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
hermegildo said:
I've used both macs and PCs for video editing and I've never noticed a difference.

Macs seem more cumbersome even because of the single mouse button.

Simple solution is to buy a PC mouse and hook it up.

OSX has two button support so you can right click.