Who you going to vote for between Trump and Hillary?

Trump or Hillary?

• Trump

Votes: 72 53.3%
  • Hillary

Votes: 63 46.7%

• Total voters

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Then you pay for it. Not me.

You're gonna pay for it either way when the person getting the care can't afford it. Whether through taxes or insurance premiums or just the cost of services. May as well pay the cheaper bill... every other country on earth has figured out it's cheaper for their entire populace to have affordable health care. Our care isn't any better, and we pay a shitload more for it.

Marek

Banned
You're gonna pay for it either way when the person getting the care can't afford it. Whether through taxes or insurance premiums or just the cost of services. May as well pay the cheaper bill... every other country on earth has figured out it's cheaper for their entire populace to have affordable health care. Our care isn't any better, and we pay a shitload more for it.

Yep. People love to forget this.

Which republican was it who laughed when the ACA was still being proposed and said "universal health care? We already have that, anyone can go to the ER."

He was correct, but that's what was wrong with the system and premiums in the first place.

Edit: fatstacks echoes my exact sentiments to a tee, except that I was feeling the Bern big time

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I think that the great Montatez also said that the ER shouldn't have to take an emergency case.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
How much did you pay for your insurance for the past 2 years?
A couple hundred per month turned into over a thousand per month until I found a suitable alternative.

People are tired of the atmosphere of lawlessness, the vilification of law enforcement & the condescending harangue that follows any outlook on this state of affairs.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
A couple hundred per month turned into over a thousand per month until I found a suitable alternative.

People are tired of the atmosphere of lawlessness, the vilification of law enforcement & the condescending harangue that follows any outlook on this state of affairs.

Does an atmosphere of lawlessness mean an impression of lawlessness or actual lawlessness?

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Does an atmosphere of lawlessness mean an impression of lawlessness or actual lawlessness?

You answered your own question.

I have a question though; why not worry about yourself before you worry about others? Is taking care of the poor and sick more important then making sure we are secure first?

And why does everyone have to comply to that standard? I dont need someone or something to tell me to pay for something when i dont want or need it.

Dont tell me whats best for me like you know better then I.
That is the only point im trying to make, dont tell me what to do.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Is taking care of the poor and sick more important then making sure we are secure first.?
IMO the two aren't mutually exclusive

ACA imposed a fine on anyone that didn't/couldn't register or qualify for it for whatever reason, I think it was around $800 (?) anybody know for sure? It's vulnerable to fraud or misuse, in other words people take advantage of it that shouldn't (outside the spirit of its passage).

It caused tens and tens of millions of people to effectively lose their health insurance because of the outrageous cost hikes the followed.. to the benefit of 13 million or so. I think some health care providers left the practice altogether, idk how many, I'm not in that field of work..

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I'm just glad because the fucking cunts in power here where banking on h.klingon being president and so striving for an eventual free trade agreement.
all this while these cunts have gone ahead and taken up a shit ton of debt and sucked much cock, deindustrializing the economy evermore so just generally benefitting the upper strata. this throws a spanner in the works.

like yous we too have a businessman in power now - but I dare say he is a great deal shadier than yours, proper mafioso.
so good.
your Dems with that lukewarm progressive attitude have been agents of malice to most of the outer world. your black president was no more than a black face. at least with regards to us down here, he had a pussy ass relationship with true progressive governments and went to bed with our current Macri led joke.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
your Dems with that lukewarm progressive attitude have been agents of malice to most of the outer world.
for the sole purpose of earning some meager windfall.. of all the ways and means to generate a profit the only one apparent to these people is trafficking in death and misery

BHO is a paper tiger, inept at best

Yoshi

20 Year Member
they mandated we want that worthless fucking cunt, out of our face once and for all, no matter what the cost.

I thank God her political career is over
Amen to this. I hope the next time I see her face is during a moment of silence.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
So for the first time I'm going to make an actual serious post in this thread...

...I thank God her political career is over even though I voted for her.

Jesus fucking Christ, that's a good post. I feel the exact same way. I voted for her, but if she had won, I'd only feel marginally better today.

I just ran across this article in the NYT, which I think does a good job of summing up what we're going to miss out on:

If Hillary Clinton had won, she would have run again in 2020, which could have meant four more years of Wall Street liberalism and fire-and-forget perpetual warfare, conducted by drones and Special Operations over the horizon.

Can't say that I disagree.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

You did say "No more freebies. If it is not an emergency or necessary you dont need to see the doc because your head hurts."

Which I took as a hyperbolic expression of excluding the ER from having to provide emergency care. Being that the they can turn away patients for minor things like a headache.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

So it worked then?

Cliven Bundy?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It caused tens and tens of millions of people to effectively lose their health insurance because of the outrageous cost hikes the followed.. to the benefit of 13 million or so. I think some health care providers left the practice altogether, idk how many, I'm not in that field of work..

The uninsured rate has been dropping since it was implemented. Basic laws of supply and demand state that if the cost was excessive, then the rate would go up.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I dont need someone or something to tell me to pay for something when i dont want or need it.

Dont tell me whats best for me like you know better then I.
That is the only point im trying to make, dont tell me what to do.

.... All wanted was a Pepsi.