What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Been playing AOF on the PCE lately. I really like this version, can't put my finger on why.. but I prefer it to the original.

I love the PCE music; however, the flickering character shadow circles make it unplayable for me.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I guarantee I am better than you at Hyper Anniversary. No questions asked.

We can address this easily. Do you have a x360 if so let's play some HD remix and let the game do the talking, loser.

Edit: This isn't the first time someone comes at me with this...lol.

Last edited:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
^ HD Remix doesn't allow for the other versions. I think fightcade has Hyper Anniversary. Challenge him on that.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
ST/HD Remix is the true measuring stick. Hyper has a lot of unbalances...and I don't have fightcade.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
andsuchisdeath and bust3dstr8 came over and we got to play some Karnov's...fiercely, also a tremendous session of Hyper Anniversary...so good!

Good times, matches where fun and competitive. I just couldn't seem to finish anyone...I had some serious Street Fighter ED going on that night :emb:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think he (that loser) just wanted to boast for no good reason, lol, what a sap.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I just picked up Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax a few days back on PS3; it came out in NA just over a week ago iirc?

Anyway, the game is quick, but there is a lot less skill involved than in other more sophisticated fighters. At the very least, it's got the 'fan service' going for it; I like the characters from Sword Art Online and Durarara!, so for the low price, it's a pretty solid buy.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Downloaded King of Fighters XI (PS2 version) on my mame cabinet setup so I can play the other characters. Have been spending the past couple days cursing trying to unlock Geese Howard. Finally did this morning. If someone actually admitted to programming that challenge I might have to kill them with a spork for that.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Downloaded King of Fighters XI (PS2 version) on my mame cabinet setup so I can play the other characters. Have been spending the past couple days cursing trying to unlock Geese Howard. Finally did this morning. If someone actually admitted to programming that challenge I might have to kill them with a spork for that.

Oh man I remember doing the unlocks for that game. I know a couple of characters were particularly hard to unlock but I don't remember which ones. You cant just download a save?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I just picked up Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax a few days back on PS3; it came out in NA just over a week ago iirc?

Anyway, the game is quick, but there is a lot less skill involved than in other more sophisticated fighters. At the very least, it's got the 'fan service' going for it; I like the characters from Sword Art Online and Durarara!, so for the low price, it's a pretty solid buy.
Dude, I had the JP version forever and when I read your post I ran to GS to get one, it was the very last one, I got it 'cause I wanted to learn the system better, haven't actually sat down with it yet but I'm going to soon...Thanks!

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Dude, I had the JP version forever and when I read your post I ran to GS to get one, it was the very last one, I got it 'cause I wanted to learn the system better, haven't actually sat down with it yet but I'm going to soon...Thanks!

No problem :D I was thinking about picking up the Vita version so that I could brush up on the go. I do like that it's not as daunting to get into this one as some other fighters out there; part of it is just not having the time anymore to practice practice practice like with 3rd Strike.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I hear you man, even now I've been away from my routinely HDRemix sessions, which keep me sharp in all other fighting games with space management. I got ThurdStrak on both XBL and PSN if you wanna spar sometime, I'm hardly any good on it like LWK but we could try it anyway just for fun.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I hear you man, even now I've been away from my routinely HDRemix sessions, which keep me sharp in all other fighting games with space management. I got ThurdStrak on both XBL and PSN if you wanna spar sometime, I'm hardly any good on it like LWK but we could try it anyway just for fun.
Sounds good, I'll hit you up for a match when I can. I can't parry like I used to, so I'm sure it'll be an even match :) My PSN is my user name here: Renmauzo; feel free to add me anytime if you'd like.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Cool! Same for me on PSN electricgrave, definitely down for some 3rdS or anything else, I played Xrd with Craig a couple of times. I'll add you next time I log in.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Cool! Same for me on PSN electricgrave, definitely down for some 3rdS or anything else, I played Xrd with Craig a couple of times. I'll add you next time I log in.

Sounds good! Def down for some Xrd; I cracked open my copy and played it with a buddy last weekend for the first time; Sol is my boy :D

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Same here, I'm a Sol player, ever since the first GG. Don't mind Potemkin on the GG series, this new Potemkin is awkward.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Oh man I remember doing the unlocks for that game. I know a couple of characters were particularly hard to unlock but I don't remember which ones. You cant just download a save?

I've been trying to figure it out of recent since I can't get Marvel vs Capcom 2 to work on demul and broke down and got the PS2 release, but looking at one guys tutorial made me head scratch a bunch. I plan to sit down and work at it but it's not as easy as demul where you throw the save file in the folder.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Same here, I'm a Sol player, ever since the first GG. Don't mind Potemkin on the GG series, this new Potemkin is awkward.

the Potemkin is a beast in this game. They gave that guy some incredible tools this time around.

For me, Ive always been primarily a Slayer player but did also play Potemkin (so i really appreciate the changes), as well as Jam I-no and Testament in previous games.

Ive only just started REALLY digging into Xrd over the last couple of weeks so I haven't gotten a chance to really get reacclimated with my old secondary characters.

All Slayer all day at the moment.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nice, always loved Potemkin, I'm gonna spend some time with him and try to understand his changes a bit better.

As for me, I just got a PS4 so I've been playing Skull Girls 2nd Encore and DOA5 Last Round.

Yesterday I got to play some CVS2 on Naomi with my pals before the WWE RR PPV.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Yeah ive been thinking of getting into Skullgirls but i can only play so many fighters at a time so its on the back burner. Id play cvs2 way more often but dammit most of my friends never seem to want to often play anymore and i have no online options for it. Fortunately Ono has hinted at a re release

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...-we-did-darkstalkers-gauge-interest-new-game/

playing on a Naomi set with friends sounds amazing though.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I spent some time playing Galaxy Fight tonight. On the surface, it's a game I really want to like-it's developed by Sunsoft, it has colorful & fun characters (especially the Bonus fighters), pretty good music, and I picked up a loose AES cartridge pretty affordably. In practice though, it's just so mediocre. Not a lot of animation, basic backgrounds, difficult to execute combos, and even on Easy the computer is brutal. I finally had to use the UniBIOS to make myself invincible so I could see the later fighters and the end of the game. I'm not sure if I'll keep this game long term.

I haven't played Waku Waku 7 yet, but it sounds like that game lives up to the expectations I have of a Neo Geo game developed by Sunsoft.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I gave AoF2 a whirl yesterday for the first time in ages. Something about that game I love dearly, despite its difficulty.
Speaking of Waku, i am keen to try that out too and have heard good things.