What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I just popped AOF into the AES. Ryo's jumping high kicks are much cooler than Ken and Ryu's jumping high kicks.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I just popped AOF into the AES. Ryo's jumping high kicks are much cooler than Ken and Ryu's jumping high kicks.

The look and sound of Ryo's jumping kicks is like a fucking event in itself, especially when it makes contact. It's so loud.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The look and sound of Ryo's jumping kicks is like a fucking event in itself, especially when it makes contact. It's so loud.

Dat shit is like POOOOOWWWWWFFFFFF! I just jump back and forth doing his jumping kicks. It's a pretty much his best super.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
played some kof 95 and samurai shodown 5 today.any one else think 5 is better then 5 special?.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I play SSV on an original MVS cart and V Special on the 161 in 1 cart personally I prefer V. The parrying in V Special gets ridiculous. Almost 3rd Strike worthy.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Added Fatal Fury 2 to the 6slot last night. Completely forgot you can hit the Bikers on KIMs stage, the CPU seemed to be targeting them with a vengeance it was eerie.

Garou, Ultra SFIV, and still trying to get my local friends into Yatagarasu. It's so good, but nobody's willing to give it a shot (primarily because the presentation sucks).

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Going back to working on SF for a while - 3rd Strike (parries!!) and UltraIV

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Added Fatal Fury 2 to the 6slot last night. Completely forgot you can hit the Bikers on KIMs stage, the CPU seemed to be targeting them with a vengeance it was eerie.

I can't count the amount of times my friends and I sat there and targeted the motorcycle dude. Too much fun to screw with that.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Finally got Asura Blade to run with sound with a supergun. Since the motherboard pinout is messed up from the factory you'll need an adapter.

It's a neat little game, although there are not many backgrounds. They are repeating like hell with only minor swaps (palette change etc.). Also the AI is very stupid on normal level. But of course you get a cheap ass boss in the end, like in every arcade fighting game.

Today I'll check out the sequel Asura Buster. I hope they tweaked some of the flaws for a better gameplay experience.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Fuuki only did a handful of games, most noteable the Asura series. I checked them sometime ago and there are also some (JP-only) GBA games, nothing special.

Asura Blade plays like a mixture of Darkstalkers, Samurai Shodown and a touch juggle action known from crossover games. Yeah, Kabuki Klash also comes to mind. I really like the minimalistic three button layout (low, medium, hard slash) and the character rooster which has a quite original touch.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Asura games require -5 for sound.

I Love Buster.

Nope, they don't. The pinout has been mixed up on the board. Check this thread for more info.

Just popped in Asura Buster and I'm a bit disappointed. Okay, you got more stages. You get some mini game in between. Some new characters (and they dropped Lightning, no!). But the rest feels rushed and unfinished. The AI is stupid as hell plus you get cheap ass mid bosses this time. Verbal is such a stupid character, even more stupid than Fernandeath from Waku7. And after like five or six stages you already finished the game. WTF? Also the new characters feel like a mixed bag. Notable is Zinsuke who is a straight Zantetsu rip off from Last Blade with Moriya's Moveset. Not very original.

It's still fun to play, but it feels a bit rushed and not very balanced. I guess at least in 2P-mode you can get some more fun out of this rather unknown game.

Last edited:

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Mostly Breakers Revenge and Double Dragon (Neo) lately, but I still touch the Real Bout series now and then.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Nope, they don't. The pinout has been mixed up on the board. Check this thread for more info.

Just popped in Asura Buster and I'm a bit disappointed. Okay, you got more stages. You get some mini game in between. Some new characters (and they dropped Lightning, no!). But the rest feels rushed and unfinished. The AI is stupid as hell plus you get cheap ass mid bosses this time. Verbal is such a stupid character, even more stupid than Fernandeath from Waku7. And after like five or six stages you already finished the game. WTF? Also the new characters feel like a mixed bag. Notable is Zinsuke who is a straight Zantetsu rip off from Last Blade with Moriya's Moveset. Not very original.

It's still fun to play, but it feels a bit rushed and not very balanced. I guess at least in 2P-mode you can get some more fun out of this rather unknown game.

I don't visit arcade otaku; I can tell you tho, that 'Buster sound only works on my NAC-which supplies -5.

Hey, whatever's clever. Glad you got them to work w/ your 'gun.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
I don't visit arcade otaku; I can tell you tho, that 'Buster sound only works on my NAC-which supplies -5.

Hey, whatever's clever. Glad you got them to work w/ your 'gun.

Without going too much into detail, but the polarity of the speakers was swapped on the mainboard right from the factory. For what I understand TV speakers work different than cab speakers. Therefor the game runs fine on a cab, but not with a supergun. -5V is not necessary (it has been approved), but this was my first thought too.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
andsuchisdeath and bust3dstr8 came over and we got to play some Karnov's...fiercely, also a tremendous session of Hyper Anniversary...so good!

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Been playing AOF on the PCE lately. I really like this version, can't put my finger on why.. but I prefer it to the original.