Warlocks of the Fates Shinryu Senki NEO GEO PROTO 神竜戦記 new on youtube

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
yn72QkA.png

Just to make it a tad easier for those with lame PDF readers on their phone (like mine).

Frogot authenticity expert to the rescue :cool:

:forw: Looks like some random shit from a school book. Authenticity cannot be certified.

Frogot authenticity expert out :cool:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Hindsight is 20/20

What is google image search?

Right.
And exactly what kind of a google image search would I have conducted in 2003?

Search: "image of a man that was used for a strange title card for the unreleased proto game Ghostlop"

Just exactly how the hell would that search have yielded for me that it was some strange clip art used in some french word processing program?

Again, that's why I asked earlier, how did Brian discover this? Did he conduct an image search for the word "clip art from word processing programs" and then search through thousands of images until he found it?

And again, just why the hell would I have even thought of doing that 11 years ago? Maybe some of us here would have, some of us would not have. So what? Just what the hell does that prove one way or the other?

Let alone how does ANY of this mean that I was doing anything wrong!?

It's real easy for so many people here to just sit back, relax, and insult others for no apparent reason other then boredom. I have far better things to do with my time.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Right.

Search: "image of a man that was used for a strange title card for the unreleased proto game Ghostlop"

Just exactly how the hell would that search have yielded for me that it was some strange clip art used in some french word processing program?

Again, that's why I asked earlier, how did Brian discover this? Did he conduct an image search for the word "clip art from word processing programs" and then search through thousands of images until he found it?

And again, just why the hell would I have even thought of doing that 11 years ago? Maybe some of us here would have, some of us would not have. So what? Just what the hell does that prove one way or the other?

It's real easy for so many people here to just sit back, relax, and insult others for no apparent reason other then boredom. I have far better things to do with my time.

http://images.google.com/

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I believe Google added the ability to search for similar images, so he could have uploaded the image and used that feature. Back in '03 that wasn't available though.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Right.

You are so fucking dumb for real.

First it's not some "french word processing program" but Microsoft Word. Which is not french but american. It even looks like typical clipart. But just blow some hot for all that sweet attention, amirite?

Second: "I have far better things to do with my time" You don't.

Third: You must be some sort of yoga master because there's no other way how you managed to get your head so far up your own ass to not realize that piece of paper is nothing original made by Data East.

Fourth:
hqdefault.jpg

PS: Learn how to use google and stop being such a whiny bitch.

Last edited:

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member

It took less than 5 minutes. Took your photo into photoshop, cropped the text, saved the file, upload to google image, search results. Mind BLOWN

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
sooo.... does that mean someone can use google image search to figure out who lolifoxgirl is from that stank spoon pic? that is probably more interesting than this thread...

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
yn72QkA.png

Just to make it a tad easier for those with lame PDF readers on their phone (like mine).

This was posted by a member here. It was the first image that was shown (that I saw) in this thread linking the two images together. The text next to it is in French, and I think Brian had stated that the image was just clip art from wordperfect or word.

So that was why I called it "some french word processing clip art". I simply put together what had been reported here by others in the thread.

So just how the FUCK does that make me dumb?

And as another member stated a few posts above this, The "google image copy paste crop % search thing" DIDN'T FUCKING EXIST IN 2003.

So again, whats with the unnecessary insults? Just what did I say in any of my posts in this thread that you interpret as dumb?

You (speaking to the mushroom moron here mostly as well as several other people here) for no reason whatsoever are hell bent on just hating me and insulting me. Why? YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME.

You do it because it is YOU who has no brain and is dumb because you cannot think for yourself. Whenever the circle of losers who live on this site because they have no life form an opinion or make a decision about something or someone, they simply follow. They have a need to belong and be accepted by that crowd.

So be it. Those who do so will never learn to think for themselves or get more out of their lives. Enjoy all that.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
This was posted by a member here. It was the first image that was shown (that I saw) in this thread linking the two images together. The text next to it is in French, and I think Brian had stated that the image was just clip art from wordperfect or word.

So that was why I called it "some french word processing clip art". I simply put together what had been reported here by others in the thread.

And as another member stated a few posts above this, The "google image copy paste crop % search thing" DIDN'T FUCKING EXIST IN 2003.

So again, whats with the unnecessary insults? Just what did I say in any of my posts in this thread that you interpret as dumb?

You (speaking to the mushroom moron here mostly as well as several other people here) for no reason whatsoever are hell bent on just hating me and insulting me. Why? YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME.

You do it because it is YOU who has no brain and is dumb because you cannot think for yourself. Whenever the circle of losers who live on this site because they have no life form an opinion or make a decision about something or someone, they simply follow. They have a need to belong and be accepted by that crowd.

So be it. Those who do so will never learn to think for themselves or get more out of their lives. Enjoy all that.

Calm down post-it masta. I'm the one that originally posted the screen cap of page 16 of NTM's linked PDF as I was having issues viewing the PDF on my phone right after he posted his findings. Try to keep up. Seems simple enough to understand... like a google image search.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

2439282-8627619108-5b84d.jpg

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
:snack:

so about this fundraiser-4-fertilizer..im dtf.

Last edited:

daz007

Morden's Lackey

Anybody can see it is some form of clip art and even if i was to give the benefit of the doubt you stated that it could be some 'employee'. That in itself is laughable.

Also shame on you for stating people frequenting this forum 'has no brain because you cannot think for yourself'. Coming from the man who spent thousands on a fake AF3 and then has the audacity to STILL proclaim that it could be authentic. You went from self proclaimed proto master to master of extreme bullshit....that takes some doing !!

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Anybody can see it is some form of clip art and even if i was to give the benefit of the doubt you stated that it could be some 'employee'. That in itself is laughable.

Right, guessing that the cartoon-like characteristic nature of the image; that which was used for a video game application, might have similarities to other cartoon-like images; also from video games, would be laughable. Yes, the person must be absolutely crazy, there is absolutely no connection whatsoever.

contra.gif kotm.pngclipart.jpg

I am not an expert of the Japanese culture, but I have learned several things over the years about it.
And it would absolutely be feasible that one of the employees at Data East (perhaps a member of the programming staff) quickly drew up an image of the executive producer or whoever as well as the title of the game as an inside joke or whatever for a previous test at a location; who knows what. The point is, it was merely a theory of mine at the time. What do we laugh at people now for presenting theories and ideas to try to help figure out unknowns? So those who present absolutely nothing and remain quiet out of fear of being ridiculed or laughed at are the ones we praise now? Good luck trying to make progress that way.

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Right, guessing that the cartoon-like characteristic nature of the image; that which was used for a video game application, might have similarities to other cartoon-like images; also from video games, would be laughable. Yes, the person must be absolutely crazy, there is absolutely no connection whatsoever.

View attachment 17638 View attachment 17639View attachment 17640

not to be a dick, but are you really comparing the first two pics with that..thing?

The only comparable art I can think of is this:

Bang2busters_artwork.jpg

..and it says it all, as we know where it came from.

Billy said:
I am not an expert of the Japanese culture

I do agree, especially when it comes to drawings.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
NTM hit it right on. It was something I actually brought up last year when Billy was holding onto Chicago 1929 as possible trade fodder for Xacrow. (Wow, what a pie in the sky idea:oh_no:)

Had Billy not wanted to recoup the money he spent on Ghostlop by selling it to the French, we wouldn't be able to enjoy it as we do today. It would probably be sitting in the same desk drawer/shelf that Chicago 1929's on right now.

The other thing that was mentioned last year was that he's also the only person on this planet, besides Brandi, who owns the actually proto, that has the genuine article as far as a perfect dump of the ROM. The cart that JMKurtz received was one of the 15 (someone correct me on this number) that were sent out from the French. Each one of these were numbered in the actual ROM image. It would really mean a lot if Billy were to dump those ROMS of Ghoslop.

Billy, as to your idea of some kickstarter involving Shawn or, another member of the forum why not contact the owner of the store and offer him Chicago 1929? That is what you wanted to do, right? Why not put your theory to the test?

Jon

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
My real question is, what if the cart is not even the actual proto? What if its nothing more than a top players golf with a different label on it? Why would you not make another cart and demo the game? Seems silly to me to only have it sitting on a shelf. I'm just saying.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
My real question is, what if the cart is not even the actual proto? What if its nothing more than a top players golf with a different label on it? Why would you not make another cart and demo the game? Seems silly to me to only have it sitting on a shelf. I'm just saying.

I don't know. They probably don't want hundreds of smelly French people in their store lined up to play the game.

Jon

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Just for total disclosure here, I found the clipart in MS Works 4.0. It's called talking.wmf. Unfortunately this did take about 45 minutes to find, much longer than I wanted to spend on it. But here it is converted to PNG. I didn't put a watermark on it, but please do not make your own bootleg marquees. We have enough problems with that as it is....
nHMGcNS.png

http://i.imgur.com/nHMGcNS.png

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
...Also, regardless of the above, who really knows how much of the Warlocks game is owned by SNK & how much is owned by Astec21 or (as was mentioned before) ..

Does Astec21 even exist anymore? Did they create anything else besides this title? Were they bought by another company that exists today? Basically, what company has legal ownership of this ROM today?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Does Astec21 even exist anymore? Did they create anything else besides this title? Were they bought by another company that exists today? Basically, what company has legal ownership of this ROM today?

Dion and Chris aka NGF.
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. They have ALL of the protos. Contact them and they will get you the ultra rare proto version of Irritating Stick that works with the joystick instead of the trackball.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
That cartoon screams "shity 90's clip art", not to mention the MS paint text style.