Warlocks of the Fates Shinryu Senki NEO GEO PROTO 神竜戦記 new on youtube

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I love clipart, it makes every document look at least 75% more amateurish.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
To prove my point LINK. Scroll down to page 16.

yn72QkA.png

Just to make it a tad easier for those with lame PDF readers on their phone (like mine).

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I think it's funny that Ghostlop lost all seen value with Billy as soon as it was dumped and released by Tonk.

Collectors don't care about copies or boots, they want the real deal, especially if there are only a few of the real deal out there, and even more if there is only one.

Look at the price of Neo games even to this day, with bootlegs easy to make, fake Xin1 carts plentiful, and MAME and other emus making playing on you comfy-sofa easy as can be. Hell, Atomiswave was glutted with bootlegs, and Naomi conversions, and prices have remained high because the original carts are still hard to come by like Guilty Gear X 1.5, Rumble Fish 2 and etc.

Collectors will always value the original piece, and maybe what Billy meant to say was it no longer had value among the scalpers and resellers that wanted to mint high-cost bootlegs. To that, I say, whatever, fuck them. I promise you someone here is money-bags enough to blow away that French offer any day of the week, even eleven years after the dump showed up on this site. There's a lot of value still to be had in the collector market for these proto games.

I think it also comes down to budget and how much skin you have in this community. If I ran my fingers over a Last Odyssey or Dance Rhythm Mix cart, I'd be happy to send it to Kurtz to share it with the community. Why, because no matter what I spend, it's going to be a cost I'm comfortable with to obtain the game.

My only moments of pause would be what Billy did cover a little bit in his fellating: I'd be afraid something could happen killing the game before we could save it.

At the end of the day, these games weren't meant to be trade bait, bookshelf dust-deterrent or treasured arcs that only one person gets to covet. I know Fun Fun and a few others, like Warlocks of the Fate, are being held by people who don't share the same ideas as above, but... hey that's their choice, I guess. I just hope in the future, when the sun cracks on one of these lost games, that the person who picks it up is much more interested in bringing it to the community than hording it away again.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Brian,
Thanks for solving this mystery! I honestly had no idea what the picture was and was merely throwing out some theories. Some video games show cartoonish "likenesses" (avatars we might call them today) of the creative staff during the end credits, and that's what the picture looked like it might be.

The arcade Contra for example does this. Oh and neogeo wise, King of the Monsters does this. Anyhow, I never would have made the connection like that, I have no idea how you did so, but thank you. So I guess it was just thrown together, perhaps by the location. I still wonder why they would not have used something at least related to the subject though, like a ghost or whatever.

Anyhow, it wasn't a conspiracy Brian

daz007

Morden's Lackey
Brian,
Thanks for solving this mystery! I honestly had no idea what the picture was and was merely throwing out some theories. Some video games show cartoonish "likenesses" (avatars we might call them today) of the creative staff during the end credits, and that's what the picture looked like it might be.

The arcade Contra for example does this. Oh and neogeo wise, King of the Monsters does this. Anyhow, I never would have made the connection like that, I have no idea how you did so, but thank you. So I guess it was just thrown together, perhaps by the location. I still wonder why they would not have used something at least related to the subject though, like a ghost or whatever.

Not a conspiracy just another example of your overwhelming gullibilty and believing what you WANT to believe. You're credibility has been long shot.. Accept it and move on

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
You're fucking high as a kite Billy.

I must be high too, because I have absolutely zero interest in any homebrew Neo stuff. None, nada, zilch, zero. Now, there are tons of people on here who clearly love Neo XYX, Gunlord, and those games, and that's great. I don't follow them around those threads and call them names. It's just not for me. To me, it isn't why I'm here, it isn't what the Neo is about. Even if Warlocks were UNFINISHED and twice as crappy as everyone thinks it looks from these videos, I would rather have it, or even play it, than any homebrew Neo stuff any day of the week, and that is true for me for any authentic unreleased Japanese Neo proto.

Billy and I aren't alone on this, although I guess maybe more people like Gunlord than would care about crappy unreleased 1995 fighting games. I'm just saying that either viewpoint is valid.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
While I can understand folks not liking NGDev's games, calling them "homebrew" is a bit of a slap in the face.

It's not like it's a 13 yr old sitting in his mom's basement cranking out games with MSPaint graphics.

Plus several of their games are better than like 75% of the Neo library.

Geddon_jt

20 Year Member
While I can understand folks not liking NGDev's games, calling them "homebrew" is a bit of a slap in the face.

It's not like it's a 13 yr old sitting in his mom's basement cranking out games with MSPaint graphics.

Plus several of their games are better than like 75% of the Neo library.

I agree with you, I didn't mean to use the term "homebrew" at all in a derogatory way. In fact they are probably really great games, I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy playing them if given the chance. It's just to me, its a totally different thing than real SNK-sanctioned Japanese developed games.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I agree with you, I didn't mean to use the term "homebrew" at all in a derogatory way. In fact they are probably really great games, I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy playing them if given the chance. It's just to me, its a totally different thing than real SNK-sanctioned Japanese developed games.

Tom-ay-to, tom-ah-to, really. Whether sanctioned or not, a good game is a good game and a bad game is a bad game.

To each his or her own on it, but given the choice, I'll stick with a good game regardless of where it comes from or who made it over a bad one.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Did anyone ever message the guy who posted the video find out where the footage is from? :spock:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I must be high too, because I have absolutely zero interest in any homebrew Neo stuff. None, nada, zilch, zero. Now, there are tons of people on here who clearly love Neo XYX, Gunlord, and those games, and that's great. I don't follow them around those threads and call them names. It's just not for me. To me, it isn't why I'm here, it isn't what the Neo is about. Even if Warlocks were UNFINISHED and twice as crappy as everyone thinks it looks from these videos, I would rather have it, or even play it, than any homebrew Neo stuff any day of the week, and that is true for me for any authentic unreleased Japanese Neo proto.

Billy and I aren't alone on this, although I guess maybe more people like Gunlord than would care about crappy unreleased 1995 fighting games. I'm just saying that either viewpoint is valid.

I would classify the NGDEV Stuff as indie projects, not as homebrew. They do some excellent work. While it may not all be my thing, they're definitely high quality. they've done some pretty innovative and interesting stuff not only from a gameplay perspective but also from a technical perspective.

WOTF doesn't look great and it was probably canned due to quality concerns. Ultimately, you can't absolutely pass judgement on it until it's played which is something you can't recreate on a youtube video. We're going on what we have available.

It probably plays very similar to Arcana Heart and that series is very polarizing and divisive. It's assuredly not as polished or technical.

If Chris or Dion were here, they could certainly chime in with their fabricated opinions and offers of getting a copy after sending them $40k. :keke:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Brian,

53500718.jpg

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

I'm sorry bro but Warlock's of Fate just looks like ass. Sound quality is awful. Voice overs are terrible and overall the controls look wonky as shit even by 1995 standards. Just give me Samurai Shodown II over this anyday.

Geddon_jt

20 Year Member
I'm sorry bro but Warlock's of Fate just looks like ass. Sound quality is awful. Voice overs are terrible and overall the controls look wonky as shit even by 1995 standards. Just give me Samurai Shodown II over this anyday.

LOL, I'm with you. I'm not saying if we ever get this game I'm going to eat popcorn and play it all day until 3 am or nothin.

There was a great post a few months ago from Neo Alec somewhere that better summarized my attitude about this game, and other lost games. I'm too lazy to find it. Anyhow, I understand where you're coming from.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Who cares about a lost game if it sucks balls?

No matter how bad mechanically, being able to take a look at a piece of hardware's lost heritage is fascinating in itself.

Far more fascinating then some homebrew/indie titles people go gaga over..

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
No matter how bad mechanically, being able to take a look at a piece of hardware's lost heritage is fascinating in itself.

Far more fascinating then some homebrew/indie titles people go gaga over..

I agree. Plus a lot of the homebrew stuff sucks ass also.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Brian,

What is google image search?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Hahaha, love the new sig image, NTM.

And sure, it's interesting to see a game that was never released, but some people are wanting it so they can make money selling bootlegs of it.

Fuck that noise.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Who cares about a lost game if it sucks balls?

Well from a historic perspective and being a fan of the Neo, I'd like to see it preserved outside of a shop in Japan that won't even fucking hook it up. Would I play it tho? Fuck no. It looks worse then Legend of Success Joe and that's sadly saying something.