To: Verbatum

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
That was pretty cool, but I think he's playing either the CD version or MVS level 1, which are way easier than the home cart since you re-spawn at the same place when you die instead of the various level checkpoints. If I remember correctly, you have to start level 8 all over again if you die on any of the mini boses at the home cart difficulty level. Which is clear he didn't do.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
twalden said:
That was pretty cool, but I think he's playing either the CD version or MVS level 1, which are way easier than the home cart since you re-spawn at the same place when you die instead of the various level checkpoints. If I remember correctly, you have to start level 8 all over again if you die on any of the mini boses at the home cart difficulty level. Which is clear he didn't do.
Yeah, he really started eating shit at the end. Still cool, though.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
Yeah, he really started eating shit at the end. Still cool, though.

Yeah it is. I couldn't do it. The only way I beat it back in the day was with memory card saves :emb:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I never owned it, myself... only played it at the 7-11 across the street. I don't think I ever got past level 3.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
After looking through some old threads, it looks like there's two different versions of Magician Lord carts. That explains it.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Well I am going to put some 1cc videos up when I get the chance. But I have to do it when jenn isnt around, and she is off work for a few weeks.

aria

Former Moderator
twalden said:
After looking through some old threads, it looks like there's two different versions of Magician Lord carts. That explains it.

Wow, that does --I didn't realize that.

aria

Former Moderator
djdelly said:
I think the only thing I can contribute in a 1cc run of Twinkle.... :emb:

When do we get to see the video of your attempt at the Gathering? :emb:

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I just tried to 1CC Castlevania and got raped in the final level. Fucking bats.

wizkid007

20 Year Member
djdelly said:
I think the only thing I can contribute in a 1cc run of Twinkle.... :emb:

If you are able to do that, thats extremely lucky. I mean the computer pulls off amazing dodging tecniques and then dies on a stray bullet. Doesnt make any sense.

aria

Former Moderator
At the gathering I 1cced Magical Drop Pocket (on Medium) on my very first time playing it... Its fun but the pacing is a lot slower than the MVS version.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
wizkid007 said:
If you are able to do that, thats extremely lucky. I mean the computer pulls off amazing dodging tecniques and then dies on a stray bullet. Doesnt make any sense.

Agreed, a Victory against Memory is pure luck... the best I've done in the past was 1cc on Level 6.

Lastnight I gave it my best and reached Memory without losing a life, had the extra life for 500,000 points. I wasn't able to do it due to 2 people walk in front of me while I was playing it on the projector... they both f'ed up my game.... You can hear me screaming at them on the vid... it was actually quite funny.... I only tried once last night and will do it sometime during the week and put up the 1cc vid.

I did however take down the TSS tourney we threw... bobak will have the pick up with me and my trophy later on in the week. GregN. placed second and Kiel was third..... it was way dope!

aria

Former Moderator
djdelly said:
Agreed, a Victory against Memory is pure luck... the best I've done in the past was 1cc on Level 6.

Lastnight I gave it my best and reached Memory without losing a life, had the extra life for 500,000 points. I wasn't able to do it due to 2 people walk in front of me while I was playing it on the projector... they both f'ed up my game.... You can hear me screaming at them on the vid... it was actually quite funny.... I only tried once last night and will do it sometime during the week and put up the 1cc vid.

I did however take down the TSS tourney we threw... bobak will have the pick up with me and my trophy later on in the week. GregN. placed second and Kiel was third..... it was way dope!

Dude, please upload the footage, I want to see how it turned out :)

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
Bobak said:
Dude, please upload the footage, I want to see how it turned out :)

We should have a almost 1cc'ed thread for those who come oh so close :loco:

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Bobak said:
At the gathering I 1cced Magical Drop Pocket (on Medium) on my very first time playing it... Its fun but the pacing is a lot slower than the MVS version.

Yeah the game is much slower. I can beat very hard on it, but cant beat the mvs version on its hardest setting.

aria

Former Moderator
djdelly said:
We should have a almost 1cc'ed thread for those who come oh so close :loco:

When you record a run through with commentary, I think it becomes less about the game and more about the experience.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Word on the street is that some e-heat kept Verbatum from 1ccing the MN Gathering.

No show? roffle :)

When some e-drama keeps you away from RL events, you are a fucking loser.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Lads, I have a request for the community,

Can we please refer to Verbatum forever more as VerGAYtum?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
neobuyer said:
Lads, I have a request for the community,

Can we please refer to Verbatum forever more as VerGAYtum?

Not Slasher?

You bastard! :envy:

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
I do have to give some nice big props to KanYozakura for showing up to the gathering, even after all the shit I've given him on the boards in the past..... you're alright kid :smirk: