To: Verbatum

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Rade said:
Batman is what I'd like to see. I used to be able to get to the Joker on 1 life, but never finish it.

I always had problems with the boss immediately before him... Firebug? Whatever his name is. I know there's a simple pattern you can get him in where you can kill him easily, but you have to know the pattern ahead of time or else he won't give you a chance to do it.

Spike Spiegel said:
AWESOME VIDEO! FUCK YES! I watched the whole thing, and it was awesome. You got ripped off with the random clock pick up. I'd love to watch you play Shock Troopers... which, BTW, I think I want to buy since you love it so much. Great job, man.

There is a very, very, very, very grainy and horrible-quality video of me playing Shock Troopers on youtube (I didn't have this camera at the time it was recorded, a friend recorded it). I will probably make a better one at some point, since ya know, it's Shock Troopers and all. The problem is, some people say I make Shock Troopers look "boring" because when I play for score, it requires stalling in certain areas to make more enemies come out. People get tired of me sitting around and think I should just blaze through the game as quickly as possible. :\

Actually there's another idea, since this is Neo-Geo.com, I should maybe focus on playing through Neo-Geo games, huh. There's quite a few games I could crank out 1CC videos of, even if I have to do those on emulators too...

Either way, any future videos are on hold until I find a way to better re-encode them, since Windows Movie Maker isn't cutting it (audio keeps getting ahead of the video on the Castlevania vid and it's annoying me). Any suggestions?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
1cc vids of older Neo games (pre-KoF) would be nice, like Sengoku, NAM, Burning Fight and the like. :)

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Takumaji said:
1cc vids of older Neo games (pre-KoF) would be nice, like Sengoku, NAM, Burning Fight and the like. :)

Sengoku is all memorization, but I've never sat down to memorize the entire game because it's dumb. Burning Fight is cheap as fuck and for a while I doubted the 1CC was even possible until I saw a MAME replay by a Japanese guy. I won't do either of those.

NAM-1975 is a definite though.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
This thread needs its own forum - "Best Thread on NG.com"

BBH, can you do Contra w/o the 30 lives?

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
TonK said:
This thread needs its own forum - "Best Thread on NG.com"

BBH, can you do Contra w/o the 30 lives?

You betcha, that game is easy. Fuck that faggot-ass "hardest games of all time" list on IGN that said Contra was the hardest game ever... what the fuck were they smoking?

And seconded on this thread getting its own forum :lolz:

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
BBH- Great video. I had a lot of fun watching that. We definitely need more videos/podcasts neogeo user made things. You made Castlevania look SO much easier than it is. I tried to 1cc it with the holy water a couple years ago and just gave up at Death. Your video fills me with new inspiration, but it's goddamn hard.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
BBH said:
You betcha, that game is easy. Fuck that faggot-ass "hardest games of all time" list on IGN that said Contra was the hardest game ever... what the fuck were they smoking?

And seconded on this thread getting its own forum :lolz:

It is pretty easy. Playing it last night and got to the energy zone on the second try or something, then had to turn it off as my gf came home.

I dont know what they were smoking. Games are much harder today.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
I'm sure that it can be....

We are having a MSX 1 cc contest at the gathering on Saturday, with all the interesting in 1cc vids I'll make sure there is a camera recording the runs as they happen. You want direct feed or set up like the BBH run with commentary?

aria

Former Moderator
djdelly said:

We are having a MSX 1 cc contest at the gathering on Saturday, with all the interesting in 1cc vids I'll make sure there is a camera recording the runs as they happen. You want direct feed or set up like the BBH run with commentary?

Commentary could be funny --though there may be a lot of background noise with the other games. I'd still try it do. Anyone have a lapel mic?

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
Bobak said:
Commentary could be funny --though there may be a lot of background noise with the other games. I'd still try it do. Anyone have a lapel mic?

As much as I am against setting up stuff in the food and beverage room, we could do it in there to cut out the background noise.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think more people should make these with commentary. BBH is not normally a funny guy on the boards. On video he's brilliant.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
BBH said:
The problem is, some people say I make Shock Troopers look "boring" because when I play for score, it requires stalling in certain areas to make more enemies come out. People get tired of me sitting around and think I should just blaze through the game as quickly as possible. :\

To them I say "fuck you". Make that video, I've been following you for years about how you score such high points. I'm really interested.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
djdelly said:

Just to make sure I understand correctly: 1cc means no continues, but I could use a guy or two, right?

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
Spike Spiegel said:
Just to make sure I understand correctly: 1cc means no continues, but I could use a guy or two, right?

yep, one credit complete.

aria

Former Moderator
wasabi said:
someone should videotape bobak playing, with commentary.

I tend not to talk much when I play games (short of yelling at the game), I guess I should try.

Spike Spiegel said:

Actually, given the present discussion the description was slightly off:

It's a one life "survival" contest (based on the Neo CD Metal Slug's survival mode). We're not using the CD, but it's to see how far people can get on one life. (possibly with score as the tiebreaker)

[EDIT: oh shit... delly said 1cc... I didn't realize that. Lame. I prefer survival with one life --much more interesting; I won last time we played Metal Slug 1]

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
I tend not to talk much when I play games (short of yelling at the game), I guess I should try.

You don't talk shit to people when you play magical drop?

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
djdelly said:
yep, one credit complete.

Okay, and what difficulty and how many lives? level 4 with 3 guys or what? I'm going to start practicing tonight...

BBH said:
Sengoku is all memorization, but I've never sat down to memorize the entire game because it's dumb. Burning Fight is cheap as fuck and for a while I doubted the 1CC was even possible until I saw a MAME replay by a Japanese guy. I won't do either of those.

NAM-1975 is a definite though.

I cant even go thru the first stage of Sengoku without dying... the life bar doesnt reset when you begin a new stage and it´s a long game.

NAM problem is making all the bonus stages appear at the same game.

NES contra is easy :emb: