The World of Warcraft thread 2.0

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
the game is crap now.

best time is the pre 60 era

now every monkey roundabout with epics.

lol this is so dumb

This game is getting so incredible now. New spells, talents, items, and WORLDS. The game isn't about epics. A lot of epics suck. It's about pulling together as a team to bring down a hard instance, or rocking it hard with pvp.

SHO

Raiden's Valet
Yes i know what the game is about i played it for 4 years, nothing has changed, its the same game, but now it has alot more retarded options added tailored for the noobs.

the game is just endless grinding for rep and gear. yea mate the game is not about epics, but raid leader wont let you join a raid with a full green or blue gear character, unless you are good friend or what not. even in erotic normal instances ppl dont want you if you fully shit gear. so its about gear.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
lol, you can get a full set of epics in under a week

once again

it doesn't mean they're GOOD "epics"

i'd love to see the link to your character

SHO

Raiden's Valet
simply put it, i'm utterly sick of this game, i got lvl 60 everything, a handful of 70s and 3 or 4 80s, maybe i played too much of it.

SHO

Raiden's Valet
lol, you can get a full set of epics in under a week

once again

it doesn't mean they're GOOD "epics"

i'd love to see the link to your character

i stopped playing for a while now, may be a good 7 or 8 months

thats why i'm hanging about in ng.com instead of wow forum.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
WES. What server do you play on? I'm guessing Horde somewheres.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I don't play anymore. I got burnt out. However, I'm not dumb enough to try and say the game's golden years lie before the Burning Crusade expansion. The lore is awesome, the instances are fun, and the pvp is amazing.

SHO

Raiden's Valet
I don't play anymore. I got burnt out. However, I'm not dumb enough to try and say the game's golden years lie before the Burning Crusade expansion. The lore is awesome, the instances are fun, and the pvp is amazing.

how do i put it...

its like it doesnt have the wow factor any more no matter what they bring out

its like OMG OMG Samurai shodown 1, then 2 comes along, then 3, then 4...

KOF94 was big, then 95 then 96

warcraft is like the same, it was so so fun when it was released, everybody was at the same stage, learning the game and had a great laugh when you do stupid things.

as the game get old, the newbies are like no longer welcome, ppl don't like you if you dont know how to play

its what i mean by pre60 was best, everyone was exploring instead of, omg need to hit 60 1st or hit 70 1st.

its just when the game 1st came out, everything was cool everything was new and interesting. now... its just add extra things.

Biohazard53

B. Jenet's Firstmate
thread from the dead.........is anyone on here still playing this? new expansion coming out next month, I was thinking of getting back into it

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
thread from the dead.........is anyone on here still playing this? new expansion coming out next month, I was thinking of getting back into it

Yes, I am still kicking around Argent Dawn. Trying to get my tank to 80 before Cataclysm. I'm loving the new content. Just started a Dwarf Shaman.

Biohazard53

B. Jenet's Firstmate
so you are playing alliance on argent dawn? i just started up not sure where to begin it's been a few years lol

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
so you are playing alliance on argent dawn? i just started up not sure where to begin it's been a few years lol

My mains are Alliance. I'm in an excellent guild there. I do have Horde alts, but they don't get much love at the moment due to my limited play schedule.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I'm playing right now.

Chars so far at level 80:

Tauren Retribution pala
Tauren Enhancement shaman

Level 75 Undead arcane mage
Level 60 Troll Marksman hunter
Level 64 Orc Frost Death Knight
Level 20 Troll Feral Druid

and I don't really play that much anymore.
Also european server, so don't waste your time asking for my chars ;)

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
My friends from quake talked me into playing the trial of this over the weekend. I hadn't played since closed beta and a lot has changed. You lvl so fast now it's insane, maybe due to the double xp bonus from using an invite from my friend. We duo'd some instance blacksomething deep something. I dunno it was cool. Probably gonna keep playing since ffxiv was such a bust. Uninstalled it to make room for this :P

Biohazard53

B. Jenet's Firstmate
where are you playing cannonball? now's the time to buy each game was 5 bucks and the latest expansion Wrath Of The Lich King was 10 bucks

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Anyone preorder the Cataclysm LE?

I was a bit late and now everyone is out. Walmart.com was still taking presales though, so I ordered there. I have a feeling I'm going to get screwed on launch day though.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Preordered it almost two months ago. They're doing a midnight sale here again, but that's too fucking nerdy even for me :lolz: (not to mention I have to work on that day)

There's a starter pack of the TCG inside the Collector's Edition...if you find a "Spotted Hippogryph" card: Sell it on ebay, some people will pay $200 for that mount:vik:

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
That's insane.

I did buy some CCG packs awhile back and I got the turtle mount. I ebayed it for around $60-70 if I recall correctly.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
where are you playing cannonball? now's the time to buy each game was 5 bucks and the latest expansion Wrath Of The Lich King was 10 bucks

We're on the sen'jin server. Yeah, I bought the base game for $5 yesterday. Gonna get the rest tonight since they're so damn cheap right now.

If you're on sen'jin by chance let me know!

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
That's insane.

I did buy some CCG packs awhile back and I got the turtle mount. I ebayed it for around $60-70 if I recall correctly.

Oops, I meant the Blazing Hippogryph card. Just saw a unused spectral tiger card on ebay with a $600+ bid.:oh_no:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Ugh, my friend sucked me back into this. Just. Ugh. Refer a friend is fun, though.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Ugh, my friend sucked me back into this. Just. Ugh. Refer a friend is fun, though.

I wish someone would do that for me. I want one of those rocket mounts and the bonus XP on an alt. :crying:

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
How long does it normally take to get to level 80 now?

It depends on your play style, but it's very fast now. They just cut the required experience per level for 71-80 by 20%. I'm sure you could do it in several days if you constantly quest.

If you're a slow leveler like me, it could take a bit longer.