The Walking Dead TV series courtesy of AMC.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I love Andrew Lincoln's attempt at a southern accent.

Reminds me a lot of my Brother in Law who has microcephaly and a mild case of cerebral palsy.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
The issue I have here and to be honest I see this kind of thing a lot in other areas seems to be what looks like a cover up for poor writing or lack of creativity.
Far too many times in shows and movies we find characters acting in ways that are against what they have been established to be to advance the plot, as well as so many times there are just too many instances of coincidence. It feels like the writers and directors often times choose the easy way out, maybe because of budget or time restraints, I don't know.
Its fine when people make mistakes or do stupid things as we are pretty well used to that in real life. What becomes unrealistic is to change the fabric of a character for no other reason than to advance the plot. So.. someone does something they would never do, just so we can work in something, that kind of thing ruins shows.

When the characters just become devices then they loose what makes them characters and become uninteresting. Far too many characters that we should have some interest in are just reduced to being plot devices. Not because they are disposable, we expect people to die in the setting, but it just feels like a constant stream of taking the easy way out. How do we write our way out of this corner we've written ourselves into .. introduce someone or kill someone or have someone do something out of character, or time for a random coincidence. It's like they spin a wheel and randomly pick one.

That is my biggest gripe with Carl for far too long he just felt like a plot device. There are a lot of instances of things in the writing that like that with characters that pretty much killed my interest in the show. I've thought about going back and picking up where I left off but just haven't worked up the interest in it.

I don't feel it is a matter of suspension of disbelief as much as it is a matter of not insulting the audience's intelligence. I'm honestly surprised there haven't been any daytime zombie soap operas spawned from this.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I saw that
Spoiler:
Jungle Fever twist coming with Michonne and Rick.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
The way they've been towards each other in the comics had me thinking "just a matter of time now..."
Surprised to see it go there first in the tv series.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
the walking dead, brought to you by the sopranos.

that fucking cop out ending..

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
the walking dead, brought to you by the sopranos.

that fucking cop out ending..

Bad enough they copped out, but fucking spending 15 min of the show building tension not to capitalize on it was so lame.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Bad enough they copped out, but fucking spending 15 min of the show building tension not to capitalize on it was so lame.

They spent the entire season building to Negan and "who's he gonna kill!!??" and then did the exact worst possible ending.

I'm done. I don't give enough of a fuck to put up with such bullshit. Killing off Abraham or Sasha after what, a year of build just isn't going to do anything for me.

edit: and what the hell was with that awful side-story for Morgan and Carol? Impressive how Gimple and his writers have taken the two best characters on the show and made them completely illogical, inconsistent, and mostly meaningless to the rest of the story.

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah, I knew it Chris. I knew exactly how this episode would end without even seeing it. They pull this same bullshit at the end of every season, it's maddening.

And I had the same feelings about the Morgan/Carol sidestory jro. Could they at least be consistent with the damn characters? Carol became a hardened survivor, doing what she had to do to stay alive. Her running away from Alexandria bevcause she doesn't want to kill anymore or some shit at this point made zero sense. And now they even have Morgan flip-flopping. It's completely against the character they built him up to be over the last season to have him walk up and point a gun at the Savior dude and empty a clip in him. He could have just a easily snuck up on the guy and just knocked him out cold with the staff.

I guess they needed an excuse for these characters to not get captured by Negan so they can attempt a rescue next season, although I don't know how useful Carol will be with her shot up body. :oh_no:

Also, more food for thought... why are the guys with horses free to roam around on their little farm? Has Negan's boys not gotten to them yet... even though it's plain to see that they are everywhere around that place? Which also begs the question... why was Alexandria allowed to thrive as long as it has when we know that Negan knew all about the place for awhile?

I still love the show, but I have to turn my brain off a bit sometimes to get through it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Why do you guys watch this shit?

The show died the moment it introduced the hipster cannibals of Terminus.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I stopped watching this after season 3.... it had become one massive borefest...

Luckily... Banshee Season 4 is on... HURRAY!

xROTx

PS. Last Season tho... DAMN:(

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent

That's probably the saddest thing about this episode, the second half of this season has been prob the best the show has had to offer.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member

I had stopped sometime around the beginning of season 4. Then I came back this season because (why else?) of Negan.

So yeah, that worked out well.

Current rumors are that even Gimple/Kirkman/other chimps haven't actually made a decision yet on who's dead. That's, um, some good storytelling there.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I don't even know what I want out of the show now. A cure is obviously not even on the cards any more, so what would be satisfactory, a genuine safe haven? We've had the safe haven turns out to be not so safe story rehashed every season, I'm getting bored, I don't know where next and I don't think the writers do either.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
my real opinion is that i thought JDM did a great job personifying negan. it was a great scene with him.

it could have been a normal episode length, but as per amc's usual way- if its an important episode, they need to cram in another 20 min of commercials.

I can deal with where the episode came up short- but it was the cop out by not showing who got killed after all that buildup at the end that made it so unsatisfying. especially since this has been a pretty fun season so far.

my guesses for who got lucille'd :

glenn: obvious reasons, but will probably live.
daryl: fan favorite- probably not, but he's already shot and why the hell not?
maggie: to put glenn in a very dark place since they refuse to kill him.
abraham: because he is dead by now in the comics and can take that first hit 'like a champ'.

any lesser character at this point is just another copout.

i'm also pretty sure carol is a goner too since she has 3 gunshots now. that could be the original member to die and leave abraham or a lesser character to be negans selection.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Perhaps the ending was an ingenious salary negotiating tactic.

StevenK

10 Year Member
my real opinion is that i thought JDM did a great job personifying negan. it was a great scene with him.

it could have been a normal episode length, but as per amc's usual way- if its an important episode, they need to cram in another 20 min of commercials.

I can deal with where the episode came up short- but it was the cop out by not showing who got killed after all that buildup at the end that made it so unsatisfying. especially since this has been a pretty fun season so far.

my guesses for who got lucille'd :

glenn: obvious reasons, but will probably live.
daryl: fan favorite- probably not, but he's already shot and why the hell not?
maggie: to put glenn in a very dark place since they refuse to kill him.
abraham: because he is dead by now in the comics and can take that first hit 'like a champ'.

any lesser character at this point is just another copout.

i'm also pretty sure carol is a goner too since she has 3 gunshots now. that could be the original member to die and leave abraham or a lesser character to be negans selection.

Rosita would be my guess - binned by abraham, now fucking another character I don't know anything about, she doesn't have much point. I only learned her name this series in fact.

Also, she's hispanic and mid twenties, so while she's hot as hell right now, in the next couple of years she's going to suddenly look like a cold ballbag.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
Rosita would be my guess - binned by abraham, now fucking another character I don't know anything about, she doesn't have much point. I only learned her name this series in fact.

Also, she's hispanic and mid twenties, so while she's hot as hell right now, in the next couple of years she's going to suddenly look like a cold ballbag.

Plus she doesnt wear that sexy ass outfit she started out with, to hell with her.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I watched season 1 live. 2-4 on Netflix in chunks. 5-6 I actually purchased on Amazon.

6 has been "good enough"...but this is definitely the last time I pay for it. The whole "cliffhanger" bullshit every fucking week gets old quick, last night was no different.

Hell...let me predict the opening of season 7. Spend the first 30 min for the show on side notes like Carol and then show Negan bashing someone's head in during the lat 5 min. The entire second half of the season was "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee comes Nega* END OF SEASON"

Nothing like watching months of buildup for one final scene at the very end of the lat episode that isn't even taken to completion. Thanks AMC, well done, thanks for the payoff.

I won't pay for season 7...I'll wait for it to hit Netflix late 2017. Spoilers? Yeah, don't care anymore. That was once the only reason why I watched the show in real time, so I didn't accidentally see spoilers. Now? Yeah, don't care.

StevenK

10 Year Member
The whole thing just needs to be wound down now and finished. It might be too fast to turn it round in one season, but it has to be two more seasons tops. No TV executive seems to be happy until they've turned their viewers into haters.

Does anyone know how long is supposed to have passed from the beginning of the show by the way? Judith doesn't seem to be growing at all, has she even spoken yet?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
You guys are going overboard...The show is awesome, this season has been really good, would have been nice to see who got the bat but we will find out next season.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
You guys are going overboard...The show is awesome, this season has been really good, would have been nice to see who got the bat but we will find out next season.

i think this season has been great- except for the last 30 seconds of the last episode. thats all i was bitching about. feels like a shitty copout. you build and build.. there should have been a payoff finally.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
The whole thing just needs to be wound down now and finished. It might be too fast to turn it round in one season, but it has to be two more seasons tops. No TV executive seems to be happy until they've turned their viewers into haters.

Does anyone know how long is supposed to have passed from the beginning of the show by the way? Judith doesn't seem to be growing at all, has she even spoken yet?

They are making tons of cash right now, they are gona milk it for ages!