The Walking Dead TV series courtesy of AMC.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The time shift is jarring at first but stick with it and I think you'll find season 9 to be an improvement over the previous couple of seasons.

You know, after my initial post earlier today, I did some reading on season 9 reviews. It seems that the season rates higher than 8...which I thought was ok (and I do mean ok). It's free, I'll watch it when I have time to kill at night, if I don't like it I"m not out any $$ so there's that.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The Second half of season 9 was probably better than the first half. But the critics rated the first half higher.

The roll out of the new baddies was nearly flawless.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Fear the Walking Dead----
I watched the first episode or two and it was the worst thing I've every seen in my life.
Then I watched a segment about some people who lived in a baseball stadium and it was pretty good.
What season was that and when does the series start turning decent?

Edit I used Google season 4 Another Day in the Diamond to No ones gone.
So when does the show stop sucking? End of season one starts getting some decent ratings.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Fear the Walking Dead----
I watched the first episode or two and it was the worst thing I've every seen in my life.
Then I watched a segment about some people who lived in a baseball stadium and it was pretty good.
What season was that and when does the series start turning decent?

Edit I used Google season 4 Another Day in the Diamond to No ones gone.
So when does the show stop sucking? End of season one starts getting some decent ratings.

Whilst season 1 sucked because of the characters bedding in and a couple of lame cliches (smack head son never stops being dull and absurd looking) at least it had some daylight between it and the main walking dead series. They waste that opportunity though and jump straight into zombies are here and the fight back is over and it's just the same show with different faces from there on in. The last series was total, total shit, I don't know why I'm watching it to be honest.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Whilst season 1 sucked because of the characters bedding in and a couple of lame cliches (smack head son never stops being dull and absurd looking) at least it had some daylight between it and the main walking dead series. They waste that opportunity though and jump straight into zombies are here and the fight back is over and it's just the same show with different faces from there on in. The last series was total, total shit, I don't know why I'm watching it to be honest.

Thanks, so maybe resume at the end of season one or maybe episode four or five?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Thanks, so maybe resume at the end of season one or maybe episode four or five?

I'd jump straight to episode 6 which is the last in the season. They make it to the Abigail which is a bit different for a while, I think it interested me because it's what I'd try and do...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I tried to do Fear...and I despised the characters. I can't recall if I made it all the way through season 2, but I know I just couldn't do it.

At this point, I'm not even sure if I can continue watching TWD...let along Fear.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Season 1-2 - I dig it but the characters just are not very likeable. They do stupid stuff that annoys you.
Season 3 - Probably best season. Got the Deadwood reunion in there.
Season 4 - Fresh look & more likeable characters. Started great but just a horrible villain.
Season 5 - Total borefest for the first half.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I only watched the first season of FTWD.

I thought that the characters/casting seemed like they had an idea of an a-list celebrity in mind, but settled for a knock off. Except for the Orange is the New Black actress. It is like when they created/filled that role, she was exactly what they were envisioning.

Last edited: