The Walking Dead TV series courtesy of AMC.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The latest episode was badass. Sorry there weren't enough social subtexts in the plot.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm not a walking dead fan but after watching the marathon the last two days on Amc, me and my wife are hooked. That last episode was bad ass and I'm glad that little shit and his mother got bitten.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I've only finished the last season dropped on Netflix. I'm definitely getting bored, and hoping it gets better soon.

So far the plot has been run from zombies, shack up somewhere, someone's bad, they kill him, zombies break into their living area, repeat.

Hopefully some people die this season. A lot. They can start with Rick and Carl. I hate that damn kid. I think the big one this season will be Glen though. He's been a hero for far too long.

Darrel won't die till the last season, and Maggie will probably be the only remaining at some point.

On another semi-related note, what is going on with Preacher? That's what i'm waiting for. Preacher is a real comic.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
If Daryl dies, I'm done with the show :lolz:

OK, the nadir was season 2. Since then, I have enjoyed each successive season more than the previous one. S06E04 "Here's Not Here" which focused on Morgan Jones' backstory was one of the best hours of television I've ever seen. The show is like 24. You can either whine and pick it apart or sit back and enjoy the ride.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Great season return! Bloody as hell and just straight up entertainment from start to finish.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I've only finished the last season dropped on Netflix. I'm definitely getting bored, and hoping it gets better soon.

So far the plot has been run from zombies, shack up somewhere, someone's bad, they kill him, zombies break into their living area, repeat.

isn't that the definition of the zombie apocalypse lifestyle?

Hopefully some people die this season. A lot. They can start with Rick and Carl. I hate that damn kid. I think the big one this season will be Glen though. He's been a hero for far too long.

Darrel won't die till the last season, and Maggie will probably be the only remaining at some point.

if you read the comics, you know there is a big death coming up with the introduction of negan. nearly positive they are going to recreate that scene.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
That I know of, Negan isn't set to appear until the season 6 finale...so I fully expect the typical "wasting time" crap they've been doing lately. I hope this isn't the case, but the typical "get them hooked then keep them waiting" approach seems to be the norm now. Sunday's episode was fucking awesome...I doubt we'll get anything even close to that awesome again until either the finale or close to.

I love the show...and it has the potential to be one of the most entertaining on television...but when it drags its feet, its awful at times...

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I love the show...and it has the potential to be one of the most entertaining on television...but when it drags its feet, its awful at times...

What are you in a rush for? Are you wanting the Negan arc completed in 3 episodes or less? The one thing Walking Dead is great at is decompressing and fleshing out a story.

And people complaining about the show being about zombies need to realize they're watching a show called "The Walking Dead." That's like complaining that Oz has too many prison scenes.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
What are you in a rush for? Are you wanting the Negan arc completed in 3 episodes or less? The one thing Walking Dead is great at is decompressing and fleshing out a story.

And people complaining about the show being about zombies need to realize they're watching a show called "The Walking Dead." That's like complaining that Oz has too many prison scenes.

Shitty filler is my beef. Shows like Breaking Bad proved to all of us that a show can be made without needless filler for hours on end. I don't expect non stop killing/action...but if you're going to add some content, make it a bit more entertaining.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Shitty filler is my beef. Shows like Breaking Bad proved to all of us that a show can be made without needless filler for hours on end. I don't expect non stop killing/action...but if you're going to add some content, make it a bit more entertaining.

Walking Dead is a story that's been enduring for 13 years and is still continuing --comparing it to Breaking Bad doesn't make a lot of sense. Besides the farm season, the tv show has surprisingly minimal amount of filler. What happens actually matters. You say you don't expect non stop killing and action, but how else are you wanting to be entertained? Because the character development obviously isn't doing it for you. It's a genuine question.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Walking Dead is a story that's been enduring for 13 years and is still continuing --comparing it to Breaking Bad doesn't make a lot of sense. Besides the farm season, the tv show has surprisingly minimal amount of filler. What happens actually matters. You say you don't expect non stop killing and action, but how else are you wanting to be entertained? Because the character development obviously isn't doing it for you. It's a genuine question.

You seem to be poking me a bit...and I really do not understand why.

The premier of TWD was on Oct 31, 2010...just shy of the 13 years you mentioned.

Breaking Bad was 5 seasons long...we're only halfway through season 6 of TWD.

Again...I'm not hammering TWD, it just seems to be a "peak and valley" kind of show.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The premier of TWD was on Oct 31, 2010...just shy of the 13 years you mentioned.

lol, you do realize that the television show is from a comic that started in 2003, right? The comic is still going, too. That's 13 years of storylines to go through. I'm not trying to poke you, or even offend you. But comparing it to Breaking Bad is silly.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
This mid-season premiere is great. Lots of action and plausible consequence (except Glen), the truth is the group is getting too big so they have to trim the fat.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
lol, you do realize that the television show is from a comic that started in 2003, right? The comic is still going, too. That's 13 years of storylines to go through. I'm not trying to poke you, or even offend you. But comparing it to Breaking Bad is silly.

^^

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

+1

The next death will be big, but the character is kind of at a loss in the show now anyway, and I feel as though it's a sort of calm before the storm.

On an unrelated note to the show, I just heard that Telltale Games are going to do a Michonne TWD.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Was that meant to be funny?

Honestly, I though that's what those "Honest trailers" were all about.

Everything has to be 10/10 serious these days. There is no room for error, no goofs, no suspension of disbelief. Everything we watch must be compared to real life

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Everything has to be 10/10 serious these days. There is no room for error, no goofs, no suspension of disbelief. Everything we watch must be compared to real life

Preach it. FWIW, the writing on The Walking Dead is superior to any other TV show or movie with zombies in it :keke:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Preach it. FWIW, the writing on The Walking Dead is superior to any other TV show or movie with zombies in it :keke:

Exactly. I think people seriously forget it's a show about the zombie apocalypse.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member

Rick has always been a terrible lead character, and Carl has always been... Carl. He did improve kind of drastically after the first season or two, I guess, but still, he's always been more annoying than anything else.

I still contend that Shane was the only good character the show has ever had. He was so, so much more interesting than anyone else on there, ever.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Coral!