The official Legendary Pictures GODZILLA 3D reboot thread (5.16.14)

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
That's usually not until post-production. They are still filming.

I was referring to the teaser trailer from last year's Comic Con.
Hope the new teaser trailer revealed yesterday finds it's way online.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Hope the new teaser trailer revealed yesterday finds it's way online.

Im sure they will put it online sooner or later and you will not be disappointed , they re-showed last years trailer and then the new one . When you see it let me now what the first thing that appears is . Also went to the Godzilla experience they had going. That was better then the panel , not really a huge Godzilla fan myself so take it fwiw.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Some of the SDCC Godzilla Encounter footage leaked online yesterday.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
The teaser was pretty damn good. Really surprised they actually showed him off, even though it was through the smoke. I really would love to see him fight another monster but I doubt that. Since they gotta reboot everything he's just going to steamroll through the army and he'll be "defeated" until the sequel when he'll end up fighting something else. I wish they'd go all out like Final Wars, I'd love to see a another huge fight with a ton of monsters.

Castor Troy

The teaser was pretty damn good. Really surprised they actually showed him off, even though it was through the smoke. I really would love to see him fight another monster but I doubt that. Since they gotta reboot everything he's just going to steamroll through the army and he'll be "defeated" until the sequel when he'll end up fighting something else. I wish they'd go all out like Final Wars, I'd love to see a another huge fight with a ton of monsters.

The 2nd teaser (the one shown at this year's SDCC) showed that they'll be at least two other monster that Godzilla will fight.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
The teaser was great. I can't wait to see more footage in the coming months.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
The second trailer (poor quality) leaked online yesterday.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Official Trailer #1

Edit: The teaser (Steve posted this earlier as well)

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Kinda like the vague teaser then the one showing off more of the military. I'm more interested in the other monsters that Godzilla will be fighting. I wonder if their going to pull from the Toho catalog or try to come up with something new. I doubt they'll go right for King Ghidorah or Mothra off the bat but I'd love to see them.

Edit, just read this off Wikipedia so take it with a grain of salt.

In October 2013, toy and collectible web sites offering pre-orders of merchandise for the film revealed aspects of the other creatures to appear in the movie. The other creatures are, as a group, known as "Mutos", with some having the ability to fly and being multi-limbed

So pretty much the Kaiju from Pacific Rim?

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I LOVED the new trailer. Pretty pumped. Don't show too much Godzilla, Legendary. Save it for the flick.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I LOVED the new trailer. Pretty pumped. Don't show too much Godzilla, Legendary. Save it for the flick.

Just wait for the next trailer that gives everything away like most trailers now a day. While my hopes have risen because of this trailer, I am still keeping them considerable low after Hollywood's first fuck up of the franchise.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Let's just hope that this Godzilla actually look like the one in the Japanese films, unlike the previous attempt.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
New image

XZ8JzrY.gif

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Man, I've been waiting for the new trailer to drop, but I was hoping I'd like it more. Cranston's delivery is good, but the visuals all seem kind of generic. It's almost amazing to me how little suspense or excitement are generated by that collection of shots. It's not even that I wanted them to show the monsters more. I didn't.

Maybe the previous trailer got my expectations too high.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I hate that guy standing behind Cranston in most of that trailer, can he at least look like he has a pulse

Castor Troy

Anybody else catch this commercial during the Academy Awards? I thought it was kind of funny.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
A baby godzilla! The mom could probably crush that jeep with one foot.