The Official Halo 3: ODST roll call thread.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Definitely.

I thought 320k was a respectable score on Lost Platoon, until I saw that Lagduf got 1.5 million. :mad:

I'll be on tonight if you guys are down for some more FF action.

Were you playing with four people?

Do you know where the laser is?

We played for some three hours and a lot of it was pure tedium. Just rinse and repeat over and over and over.

We were playing on Normal difficulty by the way.

I can do in to more details if you want.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
I'll be on tomorrow night for sure.

I want to do Firefight on a higher difficulty this time around.
To anyone who doesn't know, Joe is a fucking MASTER at taking out Wraiths. Motherfucker was all like "I got it, I got it" and 10 seconds later I see shit exploding and him running away. So awesome.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The wraiths in firefight are bullshit.

Super accurate aim and they can turn extremely fast.

On Lost Platoon you can hit them with a laser seconds after they drop though, making them quite easy to deal with.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
I finished campaign on Heroic last night. I'm down for plenty of Firefight over the weekend. I'd also like to get some Legendary co-op going on, if anyone is interested.

Buro Destruct

I finished campaign on Heroic last night. I'm down for plenty of Firefight over the weekend. I'd also like to get some Legendary co-op going on, if anyone is interested.
Legendary Co-Op for sure. I need to hurry up and finish the campaign, I've been taking my sweet time.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Bungie included a neat perk If you are trying to get the achievement for beating Highway on Legendary 4 player co-op without using the scorpion or warthogs. Basically once you get to the section with the warthog (the highway) you walk on foot to the first tunnel.

Go in in the tunnel and you'll find 4 mongooses (mongeese :emb:) parked in front of 4 rocket launchers. Each rocket launcher has 1000 rounds of ammo.

Yeah, 1000 rounds. So awesome.

Have fun beating that though, the enemy ghosts are killer and the banshees are fucking annoying. We were getting close but our 4th person bailed on us :(

We also found mongooses at regular intervals inside the gate sections.

I don't recall seeing a single mongoose when I played through this part on Heroic solo.

Oh yeah, don't forget you also have to have the IRON skull turned which means if anyone dies you revert to the last checkpoint.

Buro Destruct

Bungie included a neat perk If you are trying to get the achievement for beating Highway on Legendary 4 player co-op without using the scorpion or warthogs. Basically once you get to the section with the warthog (the highway) you walk on foot to the first tunnel.

Go in in the tunnel and you'll find 4 mongooses (mongeese :emb:) parked in front of 4 rocket launchers. Each rocket launcher has 1000 rounds of ammo.

Yeah, 1000 rounds. So awesome.

Have fun beating that though, the enemy ghosts are killer and the banshees are fucking annoying. We were getting close but our 4th person bailed on us :(

We also found mongooses at regular intervals inside the gate sections.

I don't recall seeing a single mongoose when I played through this part on Heroic solo.

Oh yeah, don't forget you also have to have the IRON skull turned which means if anyone dies you revert to the last checkpoint.
Why am I not receiving invites for this shit?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I seem to always have 3 others already willing to play when I get on.

I'll need some people who are serious about getting some of the achievements though soon, such as this one.

The guy who bailed on us was the one who was the most adamant about getting that achievement.

Needless to say I was a little annoyed.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Well I beat the campaign co-op on legendary and i'm now finishing up my solo run.

I only have 200,000 points on one Firefight map, so i'd be interested in trying to reach that goal on all the firefight maps. Should be easy on Normal.

Firefight is hard on heroic :emb:

If you want some easy Halo 3 achievements I know where all the hidden skulls are on the Mythic Maps (including the ODST only maps.) Look up what a bastard it is to get the skull on Sandbox.

I downloaded a sandbox variant some guys made so it's easy to get the skull.

I still can't believe how hard it was that they made it to get that skull.

Last edited:

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Was the Sandbox skull possible to get before ODST? I think I have that one already. We got it in Forge mode by switching to "observer" mode and spawning a piece of tubing. You get in the tubing and fly with it to the skull to protect you from the guardians. Then, you switch back to Spartan mode and grab it.

I have all the mythic skulls from before ODST, I just need to grab the three new ones.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
If anyone sees me online and wants to do Firefight then just drop me an invite.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Was the Sandbox skull possible to get before ODST? I think I have that one already. We got it in Forge mode by switching to "observer" mode and spawning a piece of tubing. You get in the tubing and fly with it to the skull to protect you from the guardians. Then, you switch back to Spartan mode and grab it.

I have all the mythic skulls from before ODST, I just need to grab the three new ones.

That's the one.

The ODST skulls are also only available in Forge, and all again require you to fly to them as a monitor, switch to a spartan and then quickly grab it.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I got on later than usual tonight, so I missed out on the Firefight action I guess. I tried a couple of levels solo, 58k was my highest result. I'll be on most nights this week, so I will be looking for people to play with. Still need to co-op Legendary as well.

Buro Destruct

Had a bit of a rough start tonight on some Firefight, but me and Kid Aphex have logged a few long sessions in co-op, so I think we weren't used to having 4 guys. Got to 270k-ish on Rally Point before my connection took a shit and the game ended. Sorry to jro and genjiglove who were kicking some serious ass after they got the bugs worked out (I don't think either of them had done Firefight before). We could've easily taken it to the 4th set.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Thats ok, I got the achievement and thats what I was interested in. Firefight mode is fun as hell though. We need to work on those other levels soon. I'd also be up for a Legendary run if anyone is interested.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Me and a buddy are going to try to finish up Legendary Campaign tonight.

Other than that all I want are those 200k Firefight Achievements.

EDIT: Do you get an additional Achievement for beating the game solo?

I might do that too if you do.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Me and a buddy are going to try to finish up Legendary Campaign tonight.

Other than that all I want are those 200k Firefight Achievements.

EDIT: Do you get an additional Achievement for beating the game solo?

I might do that too if you do.

No you don't get any extra achievements for beating the game solo.

If you play co-op campaign or firefight the other people you're playing with can click on your name in the lobby and it will tell them what difficulties you've beat the game on Solo and in Co-Op.

So...bragging rights?

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
We played Firefight last night and were a little surprised while playing Rally Point on the normal difficulty. On our third game, Wraiths and Guardians started appearing by the 2nd round. A couple of games prior we didn't get them until the 4th-5th round. For an added measure, the invisible brutes made an appearance as well.

I'll be playing tonight around 10pm if anyone's interested in starting the co-op campaign on legendary.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Yeah, that was some damn good times, took me a bit to get a feel for things, but then it was pure gravy from there.

Smooth as silk on the curve up, love how it's unpredictable, yet it never comes off as unfair, always seems like just that one last set of sweet moves from one, two, three teammates will pull the round off and grab that next set of lives.

Great stuff, I'm sure as hell down for more anytime, also many thanks to Buro, Aphex, and genji for tolerating my learning curve!

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Campaign in ODST was super-wack. I definitely feel torn about it too, since I probably enjoyed the soundtrack more than any other Halo title. But seriously, a lot of the voice acting was pretty stale, the 'story' wasn't very compelling and the final showdown doesn't even register on the thrill-o-meter. If they came up with action as compelling as the atmosphere, it would be amazing...but I really think Bungie is out of ideas.

After games like Bioshock, the Orange Box (and all the value therein), something like ODST kinda comes off as a real rip-off.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I personally liked the narrative. I feel it's the best story in a Halo game in that it focuses on several "main" characters. You still play a faceless protagonist much of the time, but you also get dropped in the shoes of other ODST's.

I think it was a great side story, and as a series fanboy I loved getting to spend more time in New Mombasa, seeing the ONI building and that kind of thing. There is a ton of great stories to be told in the Halo universe, it was refreshing to see one that didn't include Master Chief.

Anyway, if I don't get in a Firefight group tonight, heads are going to ROLL. :mad:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I personally liked the narrative. I feel it's the best story in a Halo game in that it focuses on several "main" characters. You still play a faceless protagonist much of the time, but you also get dropped in the shoes of other ODST's.

I think it was a great side story, and as a series fanboy I loved getting to spend more time in New Mombasa, seeing the ONI building and that kind of thing. There is a ton of great stories to be told in the Halo universe, it was refreshing to see one that didn't include Master Chief.

Anyway, if I don't get in a Firefight group tonight, heads are going to ROLL. :mad:

I still love you Charles.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
ODST should have been left as a side game with a budget price IMO.

There are some neat ideas in the game, but yeah, it's not exactly groundbreaking.

I wouldn't be calling out Bungie as "losing their touch" yet.

Lets see how Halo Reach turns out.

But frankly I'm more interested to see what they do post-Halo. I think there are a lot of developers out there who could do some justice to the Halo universe. The problem with the Halo IP is that it's tied strictly to Microsoft.

Halo Wars is a great idea on paper...until you realize it's a console game and all the limitations that implies.

I'd love to see a turn based halo strategy, especially if it involved epic space battles.