The Monster Hunter Tri meetup thread!

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
We've started farming Rathian. I'm hoping to build a full set of armor soon.

I definitely need to play more, my buddy is already HR41. :mad:
I been trying that lately but finshing the rathian so many times can be a hassle.

Btw rank 20 now i can do level 3 quest.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Good times last night. Tried to hunt a Rathian with just a friend and myself. I was a HR19, but he was still an HR9 at the time. Did pretty well until we got slammed by a few fireballs. Our third and final death was thanks to this attack I'd never seen it do. It pinned me down and started pecking me to death. There was some meter that I guess was the game's way of saying "PRESS SOME BUTTON AND GET OUT OF THIS!".

Then we joined up with Tron and a friend of his who were having the same problem we were. Needless to say, the four of us had some good hunts and did some killin'. I kept saying, "No, this is my last hunt" about 3-4 times before finally going to bed.

Got almost 50 hours sunk into this game and I've still got so much more to do. That's about $1 an hour. Good value I'd say.:D
That was nasty with the rathian but 4ps do make it a little easier ;) Also it helps to have the water blockseed for fire defense.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
I am 2 wyvern fangs away from having the full Rathian set. :(

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Had some good hunts with Tron last night and an especially bloody long battle with a Rathian. We were four deep, then after being defeated by a Rathian, the fourth left. We went back in with three: me, tron, and another random guy. Second time we go after the Rathian he won't stay in one place for more than a few seconds. I'd find him, and he'd fly away. Finally he stayed on the ground long enough for us to do some damage. The third guy, a gunner, dies twice. The same guy had modem problems and got disconnected. It's now up to me and Tron to go after this beast with only one death left.

After fighting for 40 minutes, we were running low on time and potions. I got to the point where I had to run back to camp to heal. The battle drug on, but with just 5 minutes left we finally slay the beast. It felt pretty epic.

I think I was up until about 5 in the morning completing other tasks and gathering resources. Got half a set of Lathugurian (sp?) armor (the blue one from the sea dragon). Also got a new switch axe to match my armor.

Got about 53 hours into the game. It's an addiction I tell ya. I'll be on tonight and I think tron will be as well if anyone wants to party up. The hunt continues!

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I will be on tonight as well. Hopefully I will finally get to play with you guys.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
I'll definitely be on today/tonight. I didn't get a chance to even turn my Wii on yesterday. Was pretty busy all day. I still need a stupid Rathian plate to finish my Rath set. Also, trying to farm some mats for Ingot armor. That armor looks so stylish to me.

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Though I'm not on all that much just yet (HR 1, still focusing on the offline for now), I'll post anyway.

Name: Rin
ID: ZXFRWV

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I've killed Rathian (offline) 3 times now, and captured once, and I can't get the fucking claws I need to finish my set. Lagiacrus is also downed btw. That armor set looks pretty sweet, but it's going to be a bit before I can get it.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I've killed Rathian (offline) 3 times now, and captured once, and I can't get the fucking claws I need to finish my set. Lagiacrus is also downed btw. That armor set looks pretty sweet, but it's going to be a bit before I can get it.

Tried to join up with you, but I was informed by the system my Hunter Rank is a mismatch. :(

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Tried to join up with you, but I was informed by the system my Hunter Rank is a mismatch. :(

Really? That's odd.. I never saw you online tonight.

I did finally get my full Rathian set. Downed Rathian and Lagi multiple times. I'm HR 16, almost 17. I need to get to 18 to be able to hunt Barioth for my Long Sword upgrade. I've been playing this game way too much.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I have the lagiacrus armor set for blade use...but it takes alot of times to defeat it to get it the whole set.

As for rathian i'm still short for getting it's plate so i can upgrade a weapon.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I have the lagiacrus armor set for blade use...but it takes alot of times to defeat it to get it the whole set.

As for rathian i'm still short for getting it's plate so i can upgrade a weapon.

The funny thing is, I found three plates, which seem to be the rarest drop.

I've only killed Lagi once offline, but I really dig the armor set. I figured I would farm him as soon as I upgrade my Long Sword a bit more.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
The funny thing is, I found three plates, which seem to be the rarest drop.

I've only killed Lagi once offline, but I really dig the armor set. I figured I would farm him as soon as I upgrade my Long Sword a bit more.
Lucky you unless it's common getting it offline hmmm.

Any ways i haven't seen ya online yet any time i do a search ?

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Lucky you unless it's common getting it offline hmmm.

Any ways i haven't seen ya online yet any time i do a search ?

I took a night off. When I do play it's usually from after 8pm EST.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Hit HR30 last night. Still need to do Diablos and Uragaan for my Urgent to pop up. Anyone want to help? I'll be on around 9pm cst tonight.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Didn't see you online last night, Jedah. Helped Tron with his 3 star urgent and finally got mine to pop up.

Tron, sorry about sucking ass during that quest. Never done that before. Looked like a chicken running around with his head cut off. Now, I gotta get that done for myself...

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Didn't see you online last night, Jedah. Helped Tron with his 3 star urgent and finally got mine to pop up.

Tron, sorry about sucking ass during that quest. Never done that before. Looked like a chicken running around with his head cut off. Now, I gotta get that done for myself...
No problem the frist time i'd played it i didn't understand it either.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
What's up guys? I haven't been on NG much these days, but I've been playing Monster Hunter Tri like a fiend. I'm done with every quest up through 4 star offline and I'm HR 21 online (I think). I had a crew of real life friends to play with, but they are pretty scarce these days, so I thought I'd hit some of you guys up.

Name: Ajax
ID: TYYNZ3

I usually play in Sincerity 2, City 2, gate 5 if that's of any use.

Looking forward to playing with you!

Jedah, hit me up brother.

Oh, also, in case anybody is wondering, I use a lance. Currently, I use the Acrus lance and have the full Lagiacrus armor set.

Last edited:

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I was wondering if anyone still played this. I kind of put it on the backburner for a bit while some other new games came out. I was worried that everyone would have moved on by now.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Looks like I'm a month behind... I saw the last post before mine was from the 15th, but didn't notice it was from the 15th of May...

Anyway, I'm still playing. I'm farming Ceadeus right now, so I haven't been online much. I do still play quite a bit though and would love to meet up with whoever wants to play.

gundamalpha

Rugal's Thug
Still playing actively on US server from early morning to noon US time. Please add me, my hunter name is fearless, can do any quests :)

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Anyway, I'm still playing. I'm farming Ceadeus right now, so I haven't been online much. I do still play quite a bit though and would love to meet up with whoever wants to play.
To bad i can't get to ceadus in offline.What's holding me back are those damn villagers request.Now i have been told the,monsters in the mogawoods have the items that i need.Still every time i search...they don't drop it wich is starting to piss me off.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Bump this shit.

I want to play this game with people I know. Get online!

I can play like 8-11PM EST on weeknights, later on weekends. Post what times you can play and let's kill some wyverns.