The Monster Hunter Tri meetup thread!

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
I still have yet to meet up with anyone from here so far..

Last night was productive though, we cleared almost all of the online 1 star quests for me, I got a few Hunter Ranks, and we downed several Royal Ludroths as well as a Barroth.

This is going to be my online addiction for some time, I can see it.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I'll be on tonight. If anyone wants to get a party together, find me online and we'll do some slayin' of the monsters.

Grandmaster

Kula's Candy
i pulled a serious all-nighter. i turned my wii on about 4:30 pm and played until about 2 am.

well i'll be on the game all weekend and on weeknights. my addiction has started again. my 3000 hours on the original MH doesnt seem so far off now. but i cant check my data because i dont have my PS2 anymore. not to mention the hours on MH2 and MHF2...

well MH3 is really good. i just unlocked my urgent quest against Lagiacrus.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Played a few quests with Tron last night. Good times. My new switch axe is rocking my world.

This game has me sucked in. Still have a waaaaaaays to go, but that's a good thing. Anyone up for some games tonight. Would love to get a three or four party group going.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I just checked online, and no one on my friends list was playing unfortunately.

I've nearly cleared the 3-star quests offline, I just need to kill a Barroth offline. I don't have a sharp enough weapon yet, so I'm not looking forward to that..

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Sorry we couldn't hook up Jedah. If my friend hadn't shown up (or if you would have had 2 slots) I would have joined you. Another night I guess.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Was happy to finally hook up with some n-g.com members tonight. Had fun and that Ludoth can go to hell and die!

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Played a few hours with tron and Grandmaster last night. Had a blast. Finally got those last two killer beetles I needed to upgrade my switch axe.

Ended up playing till 5 A.M.. Everytime I tried to quit, either I wanted to get one more mission done or had a quest with three other people. Was pleasantly surprised with the MH community. Nice people who wanted to help and play as a team.

Will more than likely be on tonight as well if anyone wants to get some games is.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Played a few hours with tron and Grandmaster last night. Had a blast. Finally got those last two killer beetles I needed to upgrade my switch axe.

Ended up playing till 5 A.M.. Everytime I tried to quit, either I wanted to get one more mission done or had a quest with three other people. Was pleasantly surprised with the MH community. Nice people who wanted to help and play as a team.

Will more than likely be on tonight as well if anyone wants to get some games is.
I see your in there all most every night but your in a full game every time :p

Btw i hope you get wii speak sooner or later.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I see your in there all most every night but your in a full game every time :p

Btw i hope you get wii speak sooner or later.

I'm planning on getting one today. Typing works, but doesn't work out so well when you're in the middle of a heated battle with a Barroth.:D

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I'm planning on getting one today. Typing works, but doesn't work out so well when you're in the middle of a heated battle with a Barroth.:D
Agreed i'll just warn ya wii speak doesn't have the best audio to,me it sounds like the person is talking through a mic from some fast food joint.

I realy wish nintendo had just went with a usb headset instead.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Tried to join up with you Tron, but you were already in a quest. Got about 27 hours in and a sweet new upgraded switch axe.

I'll be on tonight with a friend if anyone wants to get a few quest in.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Tried to join up with you Tron, but you were already in a quest. Got about 27 hours in and a sweet new upgraded switch axe.

I'll be on tonight with a friend if anyone wants to get a few quest in.
Ditto then i usely get online early for MH3 Tri when nobody is online,then i play it offline.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I'm planning to be on tonight from 8PM EST to ?.

Hope to see some of you guys there.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Had a few games with a friend last night. Man, the Barroth was owning us hard. Tron came in towards the end and got owned with the rest of us. Out of 5 tries, we defeated him only once. I didn't do too bad, but it's just a game of patience. Hit once, maybe twice, roll and move. I've learned you can't get greedy or else you risk getting pummeled.

There were a couple times I wanted to smash my brain in with the controller. The Barroth would charge, turn quickly, hitting me with his tail, and dizzy me. Then the last hot was him shaking mud of his back and I was done. I've learned to constantly heal up no matter how well I might think we're doing.

I know he can be beaten, as I've done it a handful of times, it's just getting a group of people who can do it as well.:crying:

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Had a few games with a friend last night. Man, the Barroth was owning us hard. Tron came in towards the end and got owned with the rest of us. Out of 5 tries, we defeated him only once. I didn't do too bad, but it's just a game of patience. Hit once, maybe twice, roll and move. I've learned you can't get greedy or else you risk getting pummeled.

There were a couple times I wanted to smash my brain in with the controller. The Barroth would charge, turn quickly, hitting me with his tail, and dizzy me. Then the last hot was him shaking mud of his back and I was done. I've learned to constantly heal up no matter how well I might think we're doing.

I know he can be beaten, as I've done it a handful of times, it's just getting a group of people who can do it as well.:crying:

Having a good gunner helps, but yeah he's a tough one. We have a 50% win rate against him. I haven't tried fighting him with my switch axe yet, but I've had pretty good results with the SnS. It just has to be sharpened constantly.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Had some good quests with Kaioh. Good and funny time. Killed a Gobul and some Great Jaggi. In our first quest against a Gobul, had a thirf player who died all three times and failed the quest when we were this close to killing it.

Thankfully at one point we had a solid 4 player crew against the Gobul. Though earlier we got greedy during a capture mission and tried too early.

I'll most likely be on tonight if anyone want to get some more hunting in. Needing to slay or capture a few more Gobul and Barroth.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Yep. Had fun questing with you today, Jedah. That guy felt so embarrased he left the city. Poor guy. I'll make sure I won't get greedy next time on a capture quest. Shoulda waited until it moved to area 8 just like I planned before we even started lol. Also needing some more Gobul parts.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yep. Had fun questing with you today, Jedah. That guy felt so embarrased he left the city. Poor guy. I'll make sure I won't get greedy next time on a capture quest. Shoulda waited until it moved to area 8 just like I planned before we even started lol. Also needing some more Gobul parts.

Well then it looks like we'll have to get in a some hunts and have a party in area 8. I'll be on tonight if you want to get a few in.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
We've started farming Rathian. I'm hoping to build a full set of armor soon.

I definitely need to play more, my buddy is already HR41. :mad:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
We've started farming Rathian. I'm hoping to build a full set of armor soon.

I definitely need to play more, my buddy is already HR41. :mad:

ATM I've got a mix of Rathian and Barroth armor. Rath head, Barr chest, Barr greaves, Rath waist, and Barr Feet. It looks pretty cool as my underlying clothes match the green of the Rath.

The helmet is pure win as it looks like a neo classic knights helmet.

Got some games in with a high level friend of mine running a full crew of four (because tron and Ghost Dog we're already full :(). That was fun. Hunted and captured Rathians, Gobuls, Barroth, some sea dragon (don't remember the name), and just wasted them all.

After most of them left, got in some hunts with my bud Erik and tron. We slayed a Barroth with just a crew of three. Had a mix of gunner (Erik), great sword (tron), and switch axe (me). Really getting good at the old switch axe. Dodging and manuvering are becoming second nature. Very satisfying.

I'm at HR17. It's states I can't go up in rank anymore until I complete more missions. Still have a good handful of two star quests to complete. I think I'm at around 37 hours or so. Had no idea what I was missing this whole time.

I should be on again tonight if anyone is interested.

BTW: For those Monster Hunter elite who are famiar with the series, how does this game stack up to previous titles? Better? Worse?

Last edited:

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
My online 2 star Urgent quest has popped up. Hope to get that done tonight. Anyone gonna be online around 9pm cst?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
My online 2 star Urgent quest has popped up. Hope to get that done tonight. Anyone gonna be online around 9pm cst?

I just got done with that one a few days ago. Big blue sea dragon (Lathagarian or something like that). We would need at least three to do it. Tron, you up for some?

Either way, I'll be on tonight and we'll do some hunting.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Good times last night. Tried to hunt a Rathian with just a friend and myself. I was a HR19, but he was still an HR9 at the time. Did pretty well until we got slammed by a few fireballs. Our third and final death was thanks to this attack I'd never seen it do. It pinned me down and started pecking me to death. There was some meter that I guess was the game's way of saying "PRESS SOME BUTTON AND GET OUT OF THIS!".

Then we joined up with Tron and a friend of his who were having the same problem we were. Needless to say, the four of us had some good hunts and did some killin'. I kept saying, "No, this is my last hunt" about 3-4 times before finally going to bed.

Got almost 50 hours sunk into this game and I've still got so much more to do. That's about $1 an hour. Good value I'd say.:D

Last edited: