The Monster Hunter Tri meetup thread!

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
I really want to start playing this again. It's been about 7 months since I played it last. Dunno if I even remember how to play it.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Yeah I'm rusty as well, but it will come back.

When can you play?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I sold my copy of Monster Hunter 3 a few months back. No one I knew was playing anymore, and after I beat the big bad boss you have to fight on a battleship, I kinda lost interest. The one thing that bothered me was how the armor upgrading and monsters reset after that mission. It's like your started from level 1 but with tougher bosses. Thought it was a cheap way of adding content so I gave up. But seeing how cheap it is, I may give it another go.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
You got a lot farther than I did.

I don't even remember why I stopped playing. I think Red Dead Redemption and a couple other games came out and I got distracted.

I'll hop on tomorrow evening if anyone wants to try and meet up.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
You got a lot farther than I did.

I don't even remember why I stopped playing. I think Red Dead Redemption and a couple other games came out and I got distracted.

I'll hop on tomorrow evening if anyone wants to try and meet up.
Don't know if i could bother with MH3 tri again.Last year i did play it for a whole,summer and afther finshing all the quest off&online i was burned out.Not to mention i got all the weapons&armor i wanted for a blademaster.There's not much left for me on MH3 to bad capcom didn't have dlc for it.

Btw if capcom would release (monster hunter portable 3) in the u.s i'd give that a try it seems to have more content then what tri has.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I was hoping Capcom would have supported the game better. I'm pretty sure it's the most played game over Nintendo WFC. I know they released special download quests, did you do all those?

I played briefly last night. Started with something easy (Royal Ludroth) to get back into things.

Hopefully Capcom will do a sequel. I'm tired of handheld Monster Hunter getting all the love.

Grandmaster

Kula's Candy
nice everyone is still interested.

i still play of course. almost everyday actually. i played the original MH online until they shut the servers down and i'm sure i'll do the same here.

they change the event quests and arena quests about every week, or week and a half. you can get special items to make weapons and armor that you couldn't make otherwise. although they aren't always better than what you can already forge through regular questing, some of them look pretty cool and are good anyways. you dont actually download anything or any quests.

and also, recently i asked a representative of Capcom if they could increase the maximum amount of people in each city, to which they said it's impossible to do so at this point. the Japanese version allows more people in each city instead of 4. but then again, they also have to pay for the service as well. in the original MH, up to 8 people could enter a city, instead of just 4 like in Tri. i miss those days..

in japan it's a lot different and much more popular. they have Monster Hunter Frontier on the Xbox360 which is more like MMORPG from what i've read, but it's still your tried and true Monster Hunter gameplay... with updates! i really wish Capcom would get on the ball and release something like that over here. i have a feeling in the future they will because the MH brand is simply too gigantic over in japan and it's bound to spill over here someday.

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is basically like Monster Hunter Tri portable, with more new monsters and older weapons brought back. they took out the underwater feature of Tri though.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I was hoping Capcom would have supported the game better. I'm pretty sure it's the most played game over Nintendo WFC. I know they released special download quests, did you do all those?

I played briefly last night. Started with something easy (Royal Ludroth) to get back into things.

Hopefully Capcom will do a sequel. I'm tired of handheld Monster Hunter getting all the love.
Yeah i did all the event quest online afther that there was nothing left.That's why i wish there was,dlc for it then the game would have lasted much longer.It is a shame though the handheld mh games get more on the content part.

I've seen what (monster hunter portable 3) has for the psp it's more then what tri has plus dlc to.