The future of neo prices

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I thought aes games also sold for 200 and up. I've never heard of an aes game costing so little.

Gee, it's almost like game prices drop when they are out of date and people are on to the next generation of systems.....

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
These prices for retro games now will go down eventually. Everything goes in cycles when something else becomes trendy people won't be able to charge top dollar for games even if their shit. It's crazy seeing some of these games I used to see in clearance bins going for hundreds of dollars now.
It's the youtube effect. WindJammers used to be a well appreciated game, but when some big name youtube reviewers started doing vids, the price started rising like crazy.

I'm glad I got it with the games that came when I bought my neogeo 4 slots.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Prices will go down the next time an economic crisis happens and collectors are forced to liquidate their stuff to save their mortgage.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Prices will go down the next time an economic crisis happens and collectors are forced to liquidate their stuff to save their mortgage.

Funny, because we were supposedly in a recession when the prices began to climb.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
People are waiting in line to pay $500 for NES clones and $650 for cmvs from christoph. What recession? XD

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
People are waiting in line to pay $500 for NES clones and $650 for cmvs from christoph. What recession? XD

Even in recession there are people who get economical benefits from it, maybe those are the people who want these expensive products?

ruderudie

Cheng's Errand Boy
Oldskool gaming is hot it seems, f*cking hipsters from the ps2 era are buying boxes NES games all of a sudden. Even the prices from Japanese stores are going over the top, there is absolutely no more chance to find any bargains nowadays. Which is sad, because hunting is part of the hobby. For me, the hunt is over, or at least on a hold the last months..

Pasky

Yep, just about every 'flea market' I've been to has ebay on a mobile phone or laptop to price things. This shit sucks now.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Youtube combined with the rise of smart phones pretty much killed any chance of getting deals anymore.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The main cause of the recent price hikes is the weak dollar, nothing more.

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
I remember when games like Ghost Pilots, Alpha Mission 2, King of the Monsters 2 were like $30-40 a couple years ago. They were common and cheap. Now they are like each over $100. I guess all the NOS dried up.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
That wouldn't explain price hikes in all regions. Sorry, but I don't agree.

International shipping? ;)

Seriously, I cannot count the number of times I've offered what I thought was a reasonable amount only to have a foreign buyer swoop in and pay much more without even blinking. Look at the Japanese or American auctions that ship worldwide vs American auctions that do not. Big price differential.

ruderudie

Cheng's Errand Boy
Yeah i guess it's also due to Europeans who are in their mid 30's now, have the cash to buy and do not hesitate to spend more than the asking price for their goodies. The euro/dollar currency has been better for euro-countries though, few years ago it toppes i guess. Nowadays, euro countries are better of buying stuff in the UK.

Pasky

Yeah i guess it's also due to Europeans who are in their mid 30's now, have the cash to buy and do not hesitate to spend more than the asking price for their goodies. The euro/dollar currency has been better for euro-countries though, few years ago it toppes i guess. Nowadays, euro countries are better of buying stuff in the UK.

It's happening in Japan as well due to flippers. I'm unsure how South America is doing. They seem to have cheaper prices than the US/EUR/JPN but higher chance of it being a boot/dirty/damaged.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Ten years ago you could buy a Metal Slug, a dozen Kizunas and a full meal for 25 cent and you still had enough money to ride the bus home.

in OP's case the shortbus that is.

Last edited:

ruderudie

Cheng's Errand Boy
All in all, the fact that more and more people can appreciate the games with which it all began, is also positive and makes me think that i'm not that crazy and nerdy after all, having dozens of arcade games and a few cabs in the house :) ....

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
It's happening in Japan as well due to flippers. I'm unsure how South America is doing. They seem to have cheaper prices than the US/EUR/JPN but higher chance of it being a boot/dirty/damaged.

We here have nice prices, but things are very hard/impossible to find. For instance, I got all the KoF, from 95 to 2002, all original, for $180 shipped. Also got original Garou for $20 shipped. Got an MV1C for $35 sent to my door. However, no chance in hell I'll get a pulstar, view point or andro dunos since those games were never available in any arcade here. I have found many boots (even have some, that I bought by mistake when I knew less about this stuff).

capnd77

Marked Wolf
I've often heard that eBay has the highest prices, but to be quite honest most of my buys of late have come from eBay because I've found that games bought through auction offer the cheapest prices. Flea markets and retro game stores are completely insane of late. I used to get some reasonable deals at play n trade. They had buy 2 get one free on all retro. Now prices are so high that even with that it's no longer practical to buy there. Fucking flea market resellers have games at ebays higher price range.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
ugh, I can only imagine! games just go up and up! luckily I was able to get many aes games for cheap a few years back. but the games I really want, I will have to become a drug trafficker to afford them lol

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
i dont want even to imagine as i started with the AES only last year december