The future of neo prices

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
We need a way of playing neo games cheap, not being emulated, not using the actual cartridges and on hardware made by SNK. Neo cd doesn't count, too much loading times.

You bought a NGX, didn't you?

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Cheapest way would be a consolized MVS and loose MVS carts. I don't see the prices going down any time soon.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
pm pipes for some ngx consoling sessions.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
pm pipes for some ngx consoling sessions.

I honestly don't care about the ngx anymore. It's a pile of crap. I get my neo geo fix from ports of neo geo games and a local game shop that has a neo geo mvs. As long as they have the mvs cart, you can play it.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I honestly don't care about the ngx anymore. It's a pile of crap. I get my neo geo fix from ports of neo geo games and a local game shop that has a neo geo mvs. As long as they have the mvs cart, you can play it.

Wait, do you have any actual Neo Geo hardware?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Its gotten pretty bad over the past few years, just imagine how it will be in a few more. This isn't exclusive to neo geo either.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Its gotten pretty bad over the past few years, just imagine how it will be in a few more. This isn't exclusive to neo geo either.

Not by a longshot. I've lost count of the amount of times I've felt and/or said that I'm SUPER happy to have gotten all my retro Nintendo needs taken care of already, having bought most everything I wanted while it cost slightly less than dirt. (Mega Man x3 for 5$, baby!) And other systems even beyond that, like my TG16. I finally broke that back out, put myself together a list of games I want to own for it, looked at current prices, laughed and bought an Everdrive instead.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Not by a longshot. I've lost count of the amount of times I've felt and/or said that I'm SUPER happy to have gotten all my retro Nintendo needs taken care of already, having bought most everything I wanted while it cost slightly less than dirt. (Mega Man x3 for 5$, baby!) And other systems even beyond that, like my TG16. I finally broke that back out, put myself together a list of games I want to own for it, looked at current prices, laughed and bought an Everdrive instead.

The prices on TG16 are insane, and even more common PC Engine games are getting there. I bought a copy of Kato Chan and Ken Chan a while back for something like $10... now it's 4x that. Some games are still fairly affordable on Turbo Grafx CD though... you'd think Cosmic Fantasy 2 and Exile would be worth a lot more being Working Designs games, but they're still only around $30-$40 if you wait and watch.

But yeah, SNES? I Everdrived that. I'm happy to pay $100 for Dracula X on PCE, but that shit SNES version for $150+ makes me laugh.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Cheapest way would be a consolized MVS and loose MVS carts. I don't see the prices going down any time soon.

What do you think has been happening to MVS prices over the years due to the CMVS increase.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

Totally agree. I love collecting for the Gamecube, but any decent game is practically the same price in decent USED shape, if not more, than they were at retail when they were released

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Totally agree. I love collecting for the Gamecube, but any decent game is practically the same price in decent USED shape, if not more, than they were at retail when they were released

And the rarities, despite being not worth playing, fetch crazy money. I've got a copy of Phantasy Star Online I&II Plus, and man, what the hell? Anyone who wants to pay $80+ for an online game with really iffy split screen is crazy.

Then there's the fucking component cable. Holy crap.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
And the rarities, despite being not worth playing, fetch crazy money. I've got a copy of Phantasy Star Online I&II Plus, and man, what the hell? Anyone who wants to pay $80+ for an online game with really iffy split screen is crazy.

Then there's the fucking component cable. Holy crap.

Hahaha the component cable. Why not just throw the Gamecube game in the Wii w/ a component cable. I got a Wii component cable for $5 new, and it works for Gamecube games as well. I'll leave the insane priced Gamecube component cables to the purists that insist on playing on Gamecube. I'm cool with owning a Gamecube and using component via Wii

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Hahaha the component cable. Why not just throw the Gamecube game in the Wii w/ a component cable. I got a Wii component cable for $5 new, and it works for Gamecube games as well. I'll leave the insane priced Gamecube component cables to the purists that insist on playing on Gamecube. I'm cool with owning a Gamecube and using component via Wii

I love the gamcube hardware, so I bought a damaged D-terminal cable for it from Japan for about $50 shipped. Cut off the end and re-terminated it as a component. Works exactly the same.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Do you know anyone that still collects beanie babies? That's the future of neo pricing.

When the demand goes away, and it will, prices will drop like a rock.

Future generations wont be collecting this stuff. Just like the generations before us, what they collect we dont care about.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
As long as game companies keep churning out crap, more people will turn to retro gaming, including the neo, and its price will keep climbing.

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
The ones I regret not buying are Metal Slug 3 and Sengoku 3 AES. I remember when Sengoku 3 was $150 and I thought that was too much. And at the time I thought $350 was insane for Metal Slug 3. Now both of those are around $1000 or more...

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Prices aren't going down any time soon. Even with all these bootlegs and conversions, the prices still are completely nuts.

b-blanco

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member
These prices for retro games now will go down eventually. Everything goes in cycles when something else becomes trendy people won't be able to charge top dollar for games even if their shit. It's crazy seeing some of these games I used to see in clearance bins going for hundreds of dollars now.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
The ones I regret not buying are Metal Slug 3 and Sengoku 3 AES. I remember when Sengoku 3 was $150 and I thought that was too much. And at the time I thought $350 was insane for Metal Slug 3. Now both of those are around $1000 or more...

I thought aes games also sold for 200 and up. I've never heard of an aes game costing so little.