TEKKEN 6 ~~~~~

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
It's ok, I like Lars so I will pick him to be my main guy and have no problem putting in time to master him. I've been messing around with his special moves that have him zip to the other side of the character and I think they're pretty cool. But, on the bright side of things, if what you say is true, once I have Lars down, it should be easier to learn other characters.

Have you tried to do his sample combos that are at the bottom of the command list?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Have you tried to do his sample combos that are at the bottom of the command list?

I clicked those sample combos, but they don't give me any inputs. It's kind of like a short combo clip. It's neat and all but I have no clue how to do them.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Good 30+ matches with Dan! Learned a bunch about this game and had my ass kicked pretty bad in the process. I can say I was a different player from the first match and the last, though. Thanks for all the protips!

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
graahhh! I don't like the man I become when playing online against randoms.

holy crap i don't think I've gotten that angry in years....didn't know i had it in me :)

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Wes is progressing pretty fast, ya'll better watch out.

@complex, man I gotten so pissed off when playing this game. I start yelling out loud and my mom is probably thinking what the hell is wrong with me.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm so gay. I'm downloading all of these Lars videos from youtube and putting them on my iphone so I can study them in bed before I go to sleep.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Good 30+ matches with Dan! Learned a bunch about this game and had my ass kicked pretty bad in the process. I can say I was a different player from the first match and the last, though. Thanks for all the protips!

Thats what happened to me when I played Spinmaster X. I've played Tekken since the first game but never taken serious enough to be competitive. So now I'm trying to learn more and its like reading a foreign language at times. But its interesting for me because I'm so used to 2-D games that I feel like I can approach this with a fresh mind, unlike the newest SF game or whatever where I've watched so many match videos and read so many strategies that I feel like I don't come up with anything of my own.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
glad I'm not alone in that, I always played tekken casually with friends who couldn't play street fighter and just mashed. so i learned a few useful moves and a few non optimal juggles. thought i was pretty good as i worked them all with no effort.. lol reality check... tekken is a real game.

I don't really wanna main asuka but I was familiar with her stuff as I liked jun in tekken tag. so its all on her untill i actually memorize bobs movelist

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I loved tekken tag, it was my favorite tekken for whatever reason. Interestingly enough, Bob is the character I use in 6, but I do admit some of his mix ups happen to quickly, you can completely run people over by forming a gameplan before even taking a opponents style into account, then adapt it from there. I think its because he has so many attack spots so damn quickly. To be able to react to bob without fail means mastery in 6 to me. I'm relatively new to 6 though, so if I'm wrong via advice, feel free to tear me down.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
I think Bob is pretty easy to use. Powerful and fast. Not sure how he fares with a bit of lag. Julia is my next project. shes pretty damn deadly and has alot of guessing game potential.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Holy shit, I'm trying to complete the scenario mode (I'm near the end), and I don't know how many times I've died because of this beyond horrible camera. Anna has beaten me 5 times because I'm constantly getting shot from people off camera, whom when I try to run towards and find them, I can't ever go straight to them because I'm running toward the tv, so to speak. I'm sure Dan will come in and tell me it's super ez and I suck horribad, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating. What in the world were they thinking when they designed the camera for this mode?

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Holy shit, I'm trying to complete the scenario mode (I'm near the end), and I don't know how many times I've died because of this beyond horrible camera. Anna has beaten me 5 times because I'm constantly getting shot from people off camera, whom when I try to run towards and find them, I can't ever go straight to them because I'm running toward the tv, so to speak. I'm sure Dan will come in and tell me it's super ez and I suck horribad, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating. What in the world were they thinking when they designed the camera for this mode?

I have no patience for that shit. I thought this game would be an easy 1000 gamer points or whatever but I can't stand that campaign mode shit.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I have no patience for that shit. I thought this game would be an easy 1000 gamer points or whatever but I can't stand that campaign mode shit.

You're telling me, and half of the achievements are in this mode! One of them is killing 2000 enemies. Holy fuck! I can't wait until I'm done with this mode and never have to play it again.

the Nightmare Train in Campaign Mode is one of the most annoying things i've ever had to play through.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I hate tekken force and devil within was excruciating..... but I actually really liked the scenario campaign... maybe my character was more abusive as aside from the nightmare train and the last stage nothing was too hard.

once you get a hang of targeting and free moving and all it feels alright to me. I did hate the cinematic scenes though, really seemed to drag on.

after the hell i went through to get the street fighter IV platinum trophy I never thought I would ever get another, but the tekken 6 one kinda just fell into my lap after playing for week or so. easy peasy compared to any other game I have.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
It's all about the targeting button. if you put the target on whatever badguy Alisa's beating up then this game will go so smooth you won't believe it. Also when you're in a big crowd use circular moves so they'll hit everyone and not just the people who you have your target on.

I blew through scenario campaign like nobody's business. At first it started out a bit rough but once I realized I had to fight the same people Alisa was fighting things became easier and quicker to include Nightmare train.

For nightmare train I just fought the same people as Alisa and used only power moves and circular moves and before I knew it devil jin showed up and I launched him, juggled him and then he fell off of the train.

It truthfully isn't that hard. I enjoy scenario campaign alot. I go back and play it with all the characters for fun. I mean come on, it's a beat em up where your whole movelist is at your fingertips and not just a handful of moves like a traditional beat em up.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
It's all about the targeting button. if you put the target on whatever badguy Alisa's beating up then this game will go so smooth you won't believe it. Also when you're in a big crowd use circular moves so they'll hit everyone and not just the people who you have your target on.

I blew through scenario campaign like nobody's business. At first it started out a bit rough but once I realized I had to fight the same people Alisa was fighting things became easier and quicker to include Nightmare train.

For nightmare train I just fought the same people as Alisa and used only power moves and circular moves and before I knew it devil jin showed up and I launched him, juggled him and then he fell off of the train.

It truthfully isn't that hard. I enjoy scenario campaign alot. I go back and play it with all the characters for fun. I mean come on, it's a beat em up where your whole movelist is at your fingertips and not just a handful of moves like a traditional beat em up.

I figured this would be your response. However, none of this helps when I'm being shot by people off camera. I can be helping Alisa all day, but if I'm being shot by 4 different people, it's pointless. I get shot, fall down, get up, immediately get shot again, fall down, etc. It's brutal.

I'm hip to using circular moves and clearing out a lot of people at once. None of this is my problem. In fact, I didn't encounter any problems until I fought Anna and was being shot at so many times I literally couldn't even throw out one punch. So what's my option? I need to go kill the gunmen. How do I do that? Run against the camera and hope I'm lined up with the gunman to punch/kick him offscreen.

It's so frustrating. There's no reason why they couldn't have made the camera totally free forming to the right thumbstick like, oh, say every other 3d game nowadays. When I can see the people, it's fine, and I have no problem beating them. All of my problems revolve around the camera angles.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
I figured this would be your response. However, none of this helps when I'm being shot by people off camera. I can be helping Alisa all day, but if I'm being shot by 4 different people, it's pointless. I get shot, fall down, get up, immediately get shot again, fall down, etc. It's brutal.

I'm hip to using circular moves and clearing out a lot of people at once. None of this is my problem. In fact, I didn't encounter any problems until I fought Anna and was being shot at so many times I literally couldn't even throw out one punch. So what's my option? I need to go kill the gunmen. How do I do that? Run against the camera and hope I'm lined up with the gunman to punch/kick him offscreen.

It's so frustrating. There's no reason why they couldn't have made the camera totally free forming to the right thumbstick like, oh, say every other 3d game nowadays. When I can see the people, it's fine, and I have no problem beating them. All of my problems revolve around the camera angles.

Actually on anna's stage I used the mecha robot to beat the level LOL. But I'm sure you're going after the achievement right? There is a button to press to make it so you don't have to use the targetting and the camera will turn with you but it's slow as shit. But I'd do that then take out the gunmen.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The only reason I'm playing scenario is for the achievements :(

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
I came up with something wanted to do to a girl. I call it "Running a nightmare train on a bitch".

The only reason I'm playing scenario is for the achievements :(

You achievement whore you. Filthy filthy whore. at least do it for the money!!