Somebody inject this fucking faggot with AIDS.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
I saw a link that he's dropping the price back down because of the backlash? Too lazy to search.

Yep, but how much he's dropping it hasn't been specified. Maybe it'll only be a 500% increase now.

I hope the little shitforbrains gets AIDS.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Fun fact:
This drug is not protected by patent anymore, which means anyone could reverse engineer it and undercut him.
Doing this would not be profitable at $13.50 a pill, however. This is also why there is no competition for this pill. It was provided at very low costs by the original manufacturer. There has been no attempts to improve on the formula because re-engineering the drug is a frivolous expense.

So, a good thing that might happen from a substantial price hike would be an increase in competition, and a re-engineering of the drug to make it better while making it attractive to any company that might want to pursue it (different formulas can have new patents).

Still, $750 a pill is a dick move. $75 would be more in line with similar pills and produce the same effect.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Fun fact:
This drug is not protected by patent anymore, which means anyone could reverse engineer it and undercut him.
Doing this would not be profitable at $13.50 a pill, however. This is also why there is no competition for this pill. It was provided at very low costs by the original manufacturer. There has been no attempts to improve on the formula because re-engineering the drug is a frivolous expense.

So, a good thing that might happen from a substantial price hike would be an increase in competition, and a re-engineering of the drug to make it better while making it attractive to any company that might want to pursue it (different formulas can have new patents).

Still, $750 a pill is a dick move. $75 would be more in line with similar pills and produce the same effect.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Since the drug is 60+ years old it couldn't be protected by a patent anymore.

Also, the article refers to it as a generic drug, so I wonder if there already is a different formula that's been out there for ages too. And if so, this guy is even dumber than he looks.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If that was true, it'd make me all the more want to hang out with him. I bet he gets bottle service everywhere he goes. Like even in places where it's not traditionally available like during brunch, at j. crew, and maybe at gamestop or some shit.

There's a million dickwads who can get bottle service everywhere they go and would be better to hang out with than this guy.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I wouldn't mind Taylor Swift sucking on my cock.

Too bad he won't see the inside of a cell - you would have gotten your wish when Big Black Bubba gives this douche the high hard one and given him AIDS.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
It's a white collar crime. Guy ain't going to any hard time. Minimum security prison. Community service. Agreement to pay fines and shit. Fuck America.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Still waiting for the day someone makes this shitstain take a dirt nap.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Will "Martin Shkrelli" be able to afford AIDS drugs if he ever gets off Rikers Island?

think about it...

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLCuNS8dQ80&t=1h48m25s

If you want to hear his side of the story, it's at 1:48:25
He makes some good points about the lack of development on the pill, its mortality rate, and compares to other pill courses that save STD patients (spoilers, it's still cheaper than most)

Also, the pill isn't for AIDS, it's for Toxoplasmosis Gondii.
Toxoplasmosis is generally benign and is the most common parasitic infection among humans. Cats transmit it to humans.
AIDS patients take it because AIDS fucks your immune system, and it can kill you eventually if your body doesn't keep it in check.
The problem here being that the drug also KILLS YOU as it kills the parasites, so you're in a race to see who dies first.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLCuNS8dQ80&t=1h48m25s

If you want to hear his side of the story, it's at 1:48:25
He makes some good points about the lack of development on the pill, its mortality rate, and compares to other pill courses that save STD patients (spoilers, it's still cheaper than most)

Also, the pill isn't for AIDS, it's for Toxoplasmosis Gondii.
Toxoplasmosis is generally benign and is the most common parasitic infection among humans. Cats transmit it to humans.
AIDS patients take it because AIDS fucks your immune system, and it can kill you eventually if your body doesn't keep it in check.
The problem here being that the drug also KILLS YOU as it kills the parasites, so you're in a race to see who dies first.

He can still go to hell.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
He can still go to hell.

Did you watch the video?

T. Gondii is becoming resistant to the treatment. Immunocompromised patients are dying from T. Gondii even WITH the drug.
Without profit, there is no chance for investment in R&D. It's a sad fact, but medical corporations are still corporations and need a financial motivation to develop better medicines.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Did you watch the video?

T. Gondii is becoming resistant to the treatment. Immunocompromised patients are dying from T. Gondii even WITH the drug.
Without profit, there is no chance for investment in R&D. It's a sad fact, but medical corporations are still corporations and need a financial motivation to develop better medicines.

Did you look at the actual price increase?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Did you watch the video?

It's all good to play devil's advocate but the price increase is highway robbery.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Cool, so when T. Gondii evolves into a resistant strain and starts killing people who don't have compromised immune systems, I'm sure your smug superiority will protect you.

It's not fair, but developing new drugs costs money, and investors don't want to risk millions of dollars on developing a pill for an uncommon problem that would take 20+ years to break even.

This is the world we live in. Someone has to bear the burden of cost, and in this case, it will be insurance providers.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
lmao, what a stupid response

jibba should beat you up irl for posting that