Somebody inject this fucking faggot with AIDS.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/pharma-ceo-just-jacked-price-201033610.html

A pharma CEO just jacked up the price of a 62-year-old drug by $736 a pill, and he's responding to critics on Twitter with Eminem quotes

Business Insider By Lydia Ramsey

Martin Shkreli, the hedge-fund-manager-turned-pharmaceutical-CEO, is in hot water after raising the price of the anti-parasite medication Daraprim from $13.50 a pill to $750.

Turing, which Shkreli founded in February, bought the US marketing rights to the drug in August. Shkreli told Bloomberg TV he hiked up the prices because his company "need[ed] to turn a profit on the drug."

It's common practice for drug companies to set the prices for their new products. What puts Turing in the spotlight is that this is a vastly different price on a drug that's been around for six decades.

The New York Times reported the news on Sunday, bringing up criticism of the choice to raise the drug's price.

Shortly afterwards, Shkreli tweeted out a line of Eminem lyrics:

http://t.co/co6Fmwk3XX And it seems like the media immediately points a finger at me So I point one back at em, but not the index or pinkie
Martin Shkreli (@MartinShkreli) September 21, 2015

and

https://t.co/L8LpjQhnK6
Martin Shkreli (@MartinShkreli) September 21, 2015

Apart from the edgy Eminem lyrics, Shkreli's other tweets are pretty fantastic, like this killer humblebrag.

I donated a total of $5,000,000 to various causes recently. Looking forward to telling you all about it.
Martin Shkreli (@MartinShkreli) September 15, 2015

And this amazing puppy pic.

Turing Pharma Puppy Party 2015 pic.twitter.com/0xf1zKUYXy
Martin Shkreli (@MartinShkreli) August 27, 2015

Here's some more rap-related tweeting.

i am not the one to fuck with #wutang
Martin Shkreli (@MartinShkreli) August 17, 2015

I wish some Pharma CEO would try and "Meek Mill" with me. I would "Drake" them so fast.
Martin Shkreli (@MartinShkreli) August 10, 2015

Despite his most recent emotion-fueled defensive tweets, the CEO occasionally gets serious. But it also looks like he has some good ideas about the direction pharmaceuticals should go, as far as transparency and new treatments are concerned.

For example, right after Turing acquired the US marketing rights to Daraprim, Shkreli tweeted about the importance of developing drugs to treat neglected tropical diseases.

Spending a lot of time focusing on rare infections. African trypanosomiasis, schistosomiasis, Chagas. The world needs more treatments.

He also discussed his business strategy for rewarding scientists who develop new treatments for Turing. Shkreli said he will give the scientists a royalty, or payment based on how much of the drug is sold. His tweet claims very few pharmaceutical companies do this.

Did you know that scientists who invent brand new molecules for Turing share in the revenue by way of a royalty? Few if any pharmas do this.

He then elaborated on what that might look like.

We pay scientists 1-2% royalties. If you make a $1b drug, you deserve $10-$20m/y for 10 years. Most CEOs are too jealous to let that happen.

Thanks for the tweets, Shkreli.

Seriously. Fuck this retarded asshole.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Martin_Shkreli%2C_CEO_of_Turing_Pharmaceuticals.jpg

Who wouldn't trust this guy?
And going by his wikipedia page he appears to be a gigantic douchebag.

Last edited:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Gotta make max profits off the sick son.
Hopefully there is an alternative to this exact type of medicine.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Albanian eh?
So before they were raising the biggest faggot in America, his family was stuffing frightened teens in car trunks and shipping them off to Amsterdam.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Albanian eh?
So before they were raising the biggest faggot in America, his family was stuffing frightened teens in car trunks and shipping them off to Amsterdam.

I liked your unedited post better.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
He's just given an underground lab in China something to do at least.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Albanian eh?

Wasn't it ALbania that once had 1/4 of it's GDP tied up in a Ponzi scheme?

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
His market will crash after everybody dies. Give it time.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
But he likes Brand New...

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Slobodan Milosevics biggest crime was not wiping out Martin Shkrelis family when he had the chance.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
aids

Pyrimethamine /paɪrɪmɛθeɪmiːn/ (trade name Daraprim) is a medication used for protozoal infections. It is commonly used as an antimalarial drug (for both treatment and prevention of malaria), and to treat Toxoplasma gondii infections, particularly when combined with the sulfonamide antibiotic sulfadiazine when treating HIV-positive individuals.

:oh_no: you meant potassium chloride?

seems he will be raking it in off the aids

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
This is like bizarro white collar Florida news. I hope he gets his in some sort of 'final destination' manner.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Slobodan Milosevics biggest crime was not wiping out Martin Shkrelis family when he had the chance.

Some people, such as this guy, are not fit to be members of society.

I'm struggling to come to terms with this.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
His market will crash after everybody dies. Give it time.

That's actually a good point. Bad business practice on his part. Why increase the pill by that much (I think I read it was 5000%), when you can increase the price to something which is still affordable and keep potential customers alive? Yeah, because if nobody can afford the pill and everyone dies, he won't have anyone to sell the pill to.

Kinda want that to happen to just to teach him a lesson.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
He calls the journalist, who had a right to a fucking good answer, a moron. What does that tell you uh? He is the fucking moron.

I say this with great Aussie fervour, fuck you mate youre a real cunt!