SoCal Hookup: saturday april 3rd. *over* mods please unsticky. thanks :)

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
There is no other eloquence than that of simplicity, droid. Put me down.

Attendee list *updated* :eek:

As far as hardware, I may be able to supply some stuff. But it leaves me curious to think of where we're going to send all of those video signals to...

Heh there is a best buy & costco nearby...and their return policies are top notch...nothing quite like the one day rental/test drive (this manuever pioneered by none other than SPark) We will have enough tvs for all the systems one way or another :D

Droid

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I have one question....Who's going to bring MOTW??????????????????????????????

BIG

sony fanboy
Master Giby said:
I have one question....Who's going to bring MOTW??????????????????????????????

I can bring my Garou MVS,if anything.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Well... unfortunately the SouthTownKid can't make either date :annoyed: but he does assure me he will make the next one for sure. :D

So Lets stick with Saturday April 3rd to make this happen. Bullet has that week off and will make it for sure if it goes off that day. :buttrock:

Looking at the roster, its shaping up to be another fun meet.

Droid

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
*update*

Attendee list updated!!

Spoke to Spark today...He's having probs posting for some reason. Anyways...he says there's a good chance that he'll bring his big screen wall projector to the meet for some tournament style action. Stay tuned!

Droid

Shining Kooksu

Zero's Secretary
Hmmm...I might be able to make it, but won't be able to let you know right away. I could probably have final word for you after this weekend is up.

spark

n00b
I will bring a projector, so make room on one wall Droid!

To all who hope to collect on Droid's "bounty" - Droid has punked me on numerous occasions by not paying up on the SamSho1 "bounty".

there is only one true haohmaru.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
there is only one true haohmaru.

We'll see about that...Don't change characters and duck me when I pick Haohmaru to go mano-a-mano punkass...And try beating my Ge-nan with a non-haohmaru character...

But Gen-an will never rest...He will vanquish your Haohmaru once and for all and relegate him to the scrap heap like the rest of your other SS characters...2 saturdays from now!!!

Droid

Last edited:

smokeingit

n00b
i'll fuck with you guys... give you the chance to meet me, the greatest xbox modder in the world. i roll with my X with all the emu's sos you guys dont gotta scatch up those lovely carts...

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
2 saturdays from now....the battles will be joined....

Will start contacting all attendees via pm/phone sometime this week to provide driving directions to this mother of all Neo Geo hookups.

IPPON!!!

Droid

SolidSnakeII

Marked Wolf
MMMM... SAT APRIL 3 Ill be there.

Some SVC CHAOS players please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will someone bring it or do I have to.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
MMMM... SAT APRIL 3 Ill be there. Some SVC CHAOS players please!!!!!!!!!!!!!Will someone bring it or do I have to.

Awesome Sergio, got ya down bro. Please bring SvCC as unfortunately I don't have that game yet. Ya might want to bring it in a shockbox so that kickass case doesnt get damaged.

Droid

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
*UPDATE*

As if free Popeye's fried chicken wasn't a good enuf reason to show up for the meet, here's some added incentive:

(1) mini KoF2k3 poster and (1) mini MS5 poster up as freebies to the first 2 ppl that arrive that day, first to arrive gets first pick....Please no overnight campers :rolleyes:

(1) Full size MS5 poster... to be determined randomly (probably by drawing a name out of a hat)

(1) Full size KoF2k3 poster... to whomever proves themself to be the best KoF player (i'll let the KoF players pick which KoF that will be decided on.)

and last and least:

(1) bare ninja combat aes homecart to whomever demonstrates themselves to possess the least Neo Geo gaming skills overall.

Droid

Last edited:

smokeingit

n00b
I will bring my Xbox with me, it has all the roms of all the neo geo games inside... and i own SVC, but i wont bring it cause i dont want to damage it... but my xbox has it inside.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
*UPDATE*

Mentioning this just as a friendly preventative measure, so please no one take offense...Just lettin ya guys know its customary to remove your shoes upon entering our house...

With that in mind, I ask that ya plan your hygiene accordingly that day :rolleyes:

Droid

Last edited:

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
What does the person with the most Neo Geo gaming skills get? ;)

And people should take a shower before they come to this or any other meet in the SoCal area, with the weather hot like this, your body will smell like shit.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
What does the person with the most Neo Geo gaming skills get?

Well, there is one game that is the ultimate measure of Neo Skill in my eyes....Samurai Shodown 1.

Spark has gotten the upper hand against me in our last 2 SS encounters (although he likes to switch to characters with a favorable matchup against my chars, crafty bastard, I'm stubborn and try to win with my favorite characters regardless of priority)

Regardless, until I beat him totally and unmercifully, SPark enters this SoCal hookup as the #1 seeded SS player.

Whoever can lay claim as the best SS1 player will walk away with $100. Of course that means you will have to go thru both me and SPark to win the jackpot.

You have 2 weeks to get ready....

IPPON!!!!

Droid

spark

n00b
$100!!!

I'll beat droid, then beat myself for $100.

jk, ya syck bastards!:glee:

I'll bring my xbox arcade stick for those that want to play the emulator roms.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Another *update*...this time related to gameplay...

Sonofx51 came over today and smacked me silly in Magical Drop 3. Quite the humbling experience. I expected him to show a MD3 newb some mercy, ya know...give me a chance? nada, zip, kaputsky....

This guy is out for the kill. Beware Sonofx51 if you challenge him at MD3.

Droid

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
*update*

Sorry guys but I'm gonna have to drop the $100 prize money towards the best SS1 player down to $50. (still a decent sum)
Added SS5 poster as a second random drawing prize.

Spark you chicken! yeah you know what I mean!!

Droid

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
just talked to droid, so im coming to this little shindig as well ^__^ , ill be possibly bringing my NGPC and GBASP

btw, i asked droid this, but i still want to see what you other guys say: would you want me to bring a dreamcast, a ton of DC and PS2 games, and my modded x-arcade stick? just askin...i apologize if that question was an incoinveince in advance T__T

cya all on the 3rd ^__^
- Josh

edit: who wants a free Dreamcast btw at the gathering ^__^ cuz i got one with someones name on it

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
TemJin3000 said:
just talked to droid, so im coming to this little shindig as well ^__^ , ill be possibly bringing my NGPC and GBASP

btw, i asked droid this, but i still want to see what you other guys say: would you want me to bring a dreamcast, a ton of DC and PS2 games, and my modded x-arcade stick? just askin...i apologize if that question was an incoinveince in advance T__T

cya all on the 3rd ^__^
- Josh

edit: who wants a free Dreamcast btw at the gathering ^__^ cuz i got one with someones name on it

What would I have to do to get the Dreamcast?

I forgot to ask, what systems will be on hand at the meet, will it only be Neo Geo systems?