SoCal Hookup: saturday april 3rd. *over* mods please unsticky. thanks :)

NaoeShigen

n00b
A thank you to everyone....

And of course I would be remiss if I did not take the time to offer thanks to several of the people at this amazing gathering.

SonoFX51: A big thanks for bringing your PGM and Martial Masters. Red Fox and I had seen the game at Hi-Tech 21 in Little Tokyo several times and loved what we saw of the combos and animation in the demos, but the joysticks were always crap and we didn't even know what the game was called because it was running in Japanese. I guess it's time to get a PGM and a JROK. =)

B.I.GPsyche: Another big thanks to you for bringing your Hyper Neo and SuperGun. My Hyper Neo at home has been in need of repair for several months and I've been too lazy to fix it. =P That long session of Warrior's Rage and stumbling through remembering the special moves and POWs should be enough to make me get off of my ass and fix it this weekend! LOL! The people that were there and saw things like Slash Asura, Slash/Bust Hanma, Bust Ukyo, and Bust Galford's POW moves for the first time know the feeling I'm sure. Hell, anyone that has ever seen Bust Kazuki's win pose cannot argue that SS:WR is an awesome game. I'm sure your generosity has helped to foster a new lust for Hyper Neo hardware and software.... And really, isn't that what it's all about? =)

Droid: Last but certainly not least! I can't really put into words how much I appreciate what you organized and executed. It was truly the most fun I have ever had with the Neo. I can only liken the overall feeling of the event to the giddy, anxious excitement that you get when putting a new Neo cart into your system. =) As I mentioned in a previous post, Red Fox and I travelled all the way to Atlanta for Neo Geo Shodown '98, which (thanks to Ukyo/Travis) was one hell of an awesome gathering. I can honestly say that you definitely managed to surpass Neo Geo Shodown '98 in terms of raw fun factor and variety of events. I hope you are able to bless us again in the future with another get-together. And next time I'll try to stay more than 10 hours so that I can help clean up after the mayhem. =) My apologies, but I was quite tired by the end and Red Fox's head was about to split into two halves from a massive migraine. LOL! (Okay, well *I* thought his pain was funny...but that's just me...I'm sadistic like that.)

Also, a big thanks to everyone that attended and helped to make the event as special as it was. I seriously wasn't expecting much, but ended up having more fun than I've had in recent memory. The motley crew of Neo Geo fans was an awesome sight to behold, and meeting and speaking with many of you was more than half the fun. I wish everyone the best and hope to see you all in attendance again, should Tom be gracious enough to host a similar event in the future.

*NEO GEO FOREVER*

-Naoe Shigen/Lord Wan Fu-

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Uh...Samurai Shodown 1 didn't really happen that way, as I seem to remember it. I seem to recall Lord Wan Fu cleaving and immolating more than a few Gen-An and Haohmaru asses in a row. I even seem to recall hearing the phrase "...and the reign of Lord Wan Fu comes to an end." at least twice. I may have this wacky type of amnesia or something...but I think at least CrackerMessiah and Tom's friend can back me up on this one. Hell, CrackerMessiah's Galford (in SamSho2, as I recall) was some of the best comprehensive skill I had the honor of challenging while I was there. Big ups, CrackerMessiah! I can't wait to play you again!

Alas, yes Naoe got the better of my Gen-an either 4-1 or 3-1, but that wasnt my haohmaru ya smacked down so lets not get too carried away here. Thats the downside of being the host I guess, ya get distracted a bit. I think my total gameplay time came out to around 1 hour out of 10. Had I known I'd hear some smack about it, I would have said F*ck the guests. Lets settle this over a course of hours and if you would have been able to continue the trend you might have seen me break out MY haohmaru and hanzo, but i have confidence that Gen-an would have adjusted to your style and turned the tide ;)

Anyways if ya can keep the "in-game" chatter down I'd definitely like to hook up sometime in the future to see how this plays out. If not, then definitely at the next large scale hookup.

Droid

Last edited: