SNK PLAYMORE changes its name to SNK

-EvilRyu-

n00b
LOL they change their name and suddenly people think they're gonna start making Neo Geo carts again. Put your nerd boners away because that will never happen.

hey...this is a forum and we are talking/thinking/joking ...any problem ?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
hey...this is a forum and we are talking/thinking/joking ...any problem ?

If you're not joking and you're thinking SNK will reprint 20 year old cartridges the problem is you're wrong.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
If you're not joking and you're thinking SNK will reprint 20 year old cartridges the problem is you're wrong.

They could probably reprint Neo CD games with minimal risks/costs, although demand for them isn't very high I imagine. Probably not a whole lot of systems out there as well.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
thought this happened a while ago?

Oh well, I guess now it's official.

Hopefully they make some good games this time around.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
2016 SNK is just as much as 1993 SNK as 2016 Capcom and Konami are as 1993 Capcom and Konami. Changing their name won't change much.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
They could probably reprint Neo CD games with minimal risks/costs, although demand for them isn't very high I imagine. Probably not a whole lot of systems out there as well.

That would be doable, but as much as I personally would LOVE for it to happen I don't think the demand is there. NG Dev had a hell of a time selling all of their copies of Last Hope.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
That would be doable, but as much as I personally would LOVE for it to happen I don't think the demand is there. NG Dev had a hell of a time selling all of their copies of Last Hope.

Yeah you're probably right and I was just pointing out that it could be somewhat profitable for them to do so. I do think that they could sell a few thousand reprints of Slugs 1 and 2 on CD though. Probably a few thousand of Pulstar and some of the other popular games as well.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Real talk: SNK has a better probability of making World Heroes themed butt plugs then they do reprinting games.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Real talk: SNK has a better probability of making World Heroes themed butt plugs then they do reprinting games.

The resale on those will definitely depend on whether or not they have insertion marks.

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
It was about time they realize how they can become rich again...

turbosage

Zero's Secretary
15 Year Member
SNK is SNK AGAIN!! YAY!! And next they will start making Neo Carts again!?!? Even better!

A friend and I chat about the news and some of our favorite Neo memories- Check it out!