SNK PLAYMORE changes its name to SNK

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Bringing back that OG SNK. I wish them good luck on making quality games.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Dont get your hopes up. It just gives a new company a chance to drag the old name through the mud.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
I am going to be optimistic and hope they continue on the path they are showing with kof14 and say hell yeah this is awesome.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Dont get your hopes up. It just gives a new company a chance to drag the old name through the mud.

We know we probally won't have our sprites back...but if this means more SNK on the current videogame landscape...who knows?
Maybe there's an ARC Systems vs SNK right around the corner.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
We know we probally won't have our sprites back...but if this means more SNK on the current videogame landscape...who knows?
Maybe there's an ARC Systems vs SNK right around the corner.

We could only hope. Maybe it's possible, not sure how likely though... Crossing my fingers, though! And of course I'm glad it seems SNK is trying to build itself back up. Hopefully they don't keep repeating their old mistakes. But it looks like they have some excellent people working for them again with KOF XIV so there is that...

Setsuna1982

World Her,
I like how SNK's logo remain to be "modern" after all this years. Simple yet powerful design

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Producer of new KOF game mentions that they have recruited old members back to make this game. Hopefully "SNK" will revive from ashes and resurrect again.......................

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Makes me wonder what the story is behind Aruze letting go of the rights to the original name and motto.

I'm glad to see them back to the old name, and hopefully they'll treat it with respect by recapturing some of their former glory.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
> the playmore thing is too long of a name and is making us look like shit
> ok just drop that part i guess it will deflect a lot of bad publicity
> ok

Fygee

20 Year Member
SNK is not back. You all need to stop hoping that they're magically going to make good games again.

It's all a cash-grab.

With the exception of KOF XII, which was just incomplete, SNKP made some really solid games. There's no reason to believe that with a much greater cashflow after the buyout, and the return of numerous old developers that they can't at least be on par, if not better than SNKP was.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Hey SNK if you're listening, start printing more MVS and AES boards. lol

That will never, ever, ever, ever happen.

yes i thought same thing...they 'll came rich in few times just reproducing old sw/hw

Ever.

The idea that they'd make a lot of money off of reproducing old hardware is beyond absurd. They already reproduce the old software a million times over on whatever current gen system it happens to be, and on mobile.

Last edited: