Smart Retro's CMVS Slim Analogue ripoff??

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I think it would depend on the price. Custom fightsticks often sell for $200+ and I don't think that would go over to well here. If someone could make a nice Neo dedicated Sanwa/Seimitsu stick (or even a shell) at a decent price it could be pretty popular. Hell, people pay up to $75 for an old style stick, and compared to modern fight sticks they are garbage.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i agree.it can go down well here if people could come up with a way of making fightsticks that can be sold for around the $200 mark. i think $200 s a fair asking price for a good stick these days. i was actually planning on asking some of the members here if they could build me one, but then i found out about the analogue wood sticks for the neo, which i think is more on the professional side. but i would still love it if some one here could recreate the mas neo geo super pro stick. those things should sell very well.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Making a Neo stick yourself out of a cheapo enclosure (or a ready build stick with sucky parts) + Sanwa/Seimitsu sticks and buttons isn't that hard and not really expensive. Certainly not $200...

Newsdee

Rugal's Thug
Well you're paying for having a nice enclosure. I've made my own stick from a crappy wireless PS3 stick, but it's got wires coming out and I had to resolder the DB15 connector more than once :)
I did recycle the on/off switch to make it go from 4-button SNK layout to 6-button Capcom layout (just by some clever cabling of the 4th and 5th buttons).

Attachments

• NGDb6jy.jpg
    NGDb6jy.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 60

Floob

Kabuki Klasher
Hi,

Just noticed this thread - just to confirm, yes we sell these at Smart Retro in the UK as we resell from Analogue. So all legit units in case anyone was concerned.
We are now all out of Walnut units, but still have some Black Ash.

We were/are tempted to get more units in from Analogue, but its always tricky to judge demand, plus its a pricey item to hold stock of.

Just shout if you need any other details.

Cheers,

Floob.

Floob

Kabuki Klasher
Hi Floob, did you still have your fabulous AES collection? Be that as it may, big ups for your passion & good luck with your business.

I've now sold quite a few of the key items, including the US MS1 and Neo Turf Masters :(
Thanks for your comments - I've been playing with emulation quite a bit recently (with Android and Raspberry Pi)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4sdwWoQlD0

Although I'm keen to get a MVS cabinet up and running soon - just seeing if I can find something locally.