Record collecting

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Planning on picking up an audio technica AT-LP120 and playing some of my dad's old records that I found.
Nice turntable, but for the new price you might (with some luck) get a used Technics 1210... which are build better and run with less motor noise (no USB of course...but who needs that?).

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I just got into vinyl and didn't even lay attention to this thread at all. Planning on picking up an audio technica AT-LP120 and playing some of my dad's old records that I found.

Pick up some cleaning solution while you're at it. The shit I pull out of some records from discogs is scary.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Pick up some cleaning solution while you're at it. The shit I pull out of some records from discogs is scary.

Word. Even new sealed albums should be cleaned before playing. Also, don't forget to clean the stylus and invest in a decent record brush.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
i had a black sabbath paranoid picture disc that was brand new with a skip in the first or second track, ever since then i tend to shy away from the picture discs.

I agree. Picture discs are more for collection. Problem is that a lot of Iron Maiden albums are on picture disc, even originals like Dance of Death and Brave New World which are really expensive are on picture disc.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
did wksj relocate to VA or something? all im finding is that they are from Boston MA. im really out of touch with the "scene"... basically because ive never been a part of it in the slightest. i bathe regularly and have a good job for the govt. so therefore am an alien to the punk kids. lol
there was a really good post punk dark punk band from here starting to blow up called Lost Tribe, but they broke up shortly after there most recent release in 2015 after the singer got wrapped up in some serious criminal charges and ran to California.

I could be wrong on their origin not sure. I'm the same way, clean cut sys admin with not a lot to complain about these days but we have a pretty decent older guy group here. I've heard of lost tribe but its another band II never got around to checking out, damn neo geo has taken over every but of my free time at this point.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Super Hang On can be preordered from Data Discs now! Still have some limited editions in stock too.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Hey guys, I was given a pimp old component stereo rig, has a Pioneer PL-460 turntable on it that doesn't work, but I can probably fix it. Anyone know if it's worth the trouble? I think it's probably one of their lower end models, but it would be neat to have something to play records even if I'm not going ballzdeepx into collecting.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Nice turntable, but for the new price you might (with some luck) get a used Technics 1210... which are build better and run with less motor noise (no USB of course...but who needs that?).

You would need a lot of luck to get one for the same price

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member

That's what I hear, and plan on doing so whenever I get the funding. Can't have crud all over the place.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Super Hang On can be preordered from Data Discs now! Still have some limited editions in stock too.

Thanks so much for the reminder. One of my absolutely favorite soundtracks. I've been saving the Streets of Rage for a nice weekend record listening session one of these weeks.

Also the SF2 remaster should be on sale in the next few days as well.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
There will be three more 'waves' today and tomorrow. The limited edition was sold out within seconds though. What a bummer. Went for the regular one instead. Better than nothing.

Kiel

20 Year Member
1 PM EST for the next wave

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I slept through the first wave, but made it for the second wave.

XSCIp6G.png

Kiel

20 Year Member
Fuck I didn't even make it through the payment part before it was sold out

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Lol, I didn't even know this was for sale till now. Bummer

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
They have two more waves coming tomorrow. In total they're only doing 91 copies of the "signed" edition, so those are selling out within like 60-ish seconds of going live.

The purchase URL is: http://store.bravewave.net/?mc_cid=b22621e109&mc_eid=[UNIQID]

Sunday, November 22
Wave 3:
13:00 GMT (London, UK)
or 08:00 EST (New York, US)
http://bravewave.us5.list-manage.co...e2cf070901c5ff58b8&id=b29bba154d&e=e322a80dab

Wave 4:
18:00 GMT (London, UK)
or 13:00 EST (New York, US)
http://bravewave.us5.list-manage.co...e2cf070901c5ff58b8&id=6c12fa5d39&e=e322a80dab

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i want that soundtrack, but A) not at that price, and B) not staying awake after i get off work to try and snag one. ill let norton buy 3 and sell me one at a markup:keke:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
fuck all yall

hope my refresh skillz are up to par at 1 today

i did scoop the super hang on though, i'm pretty happy they chose that one

Last edited:

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
I don't understand you folks complaining about the price of the box set? I mean that's a 4LP set plus booklet housed in box. What do you expect? $20?