Record collecting

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Had a boss show. Sold about $880.
Sold about half of it to dealers. The ate my shit up. Did $300 during set-up. Sold all my extra Sabbath (including my sealed 70's paranoid) except for the quad Paranoid.

Time to hit the trail.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I also pulled a passable 7" copy of James Brown's Funky Drummer and a very decent copy of Black Sheep's (pre-foreigner lou gramm) Stick around. $1 each.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
The best thing I've picked up in a while was a sealed copy of the soundtrack to Silent Running.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Whoa just found this thread. Record collecting has been a huge part of my life since I was younger and sponsored a few trips for me. I mostly have weird Japanese or us hardcore at this point and sold off a lot of the filler.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
My Copy of Somewhere Back in Time arrived today. The art isn't as elaborate as on the other Iron Maiden compilation but the tracklist is certainly a lot better. This one has all their hits from 1980-1989.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
You'll fit right in here. You just need some obscure retro video game vinyl.

Welcome.

Yeah I've dropped the ball on that front. I need to find some, I saw a beautiful ff7 gatefold that I would love to have but the price wasn't right.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
12 x 12 would be a little short.

We use boxes my partner gets from work. Roughly 13" W, 13"H, 13" D.
As far as depth goes, smaller is better (less back chance of sore back, easier to make fit).

I believe that UPS also sells a decent box.

If they are really valuable, get the record specific boxes on amazon. They also have handles which make them so much easier to move (less of a dead lift).
http://www.amazon.com/BCW-Brand-Rec...qid=1446679911&sr=8-10&keywords=record+lp+box

We plan on switching our show-flea market records (other than the $1 bin) to these starting next year.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Well, against my better judgement, for the firs time in a long time I went out to the local shops.

Much to my surprise I found a few things. I ended up spending about $25.

Came back with two Brul Ives christmas music cassettes and 9 albums.

Highlights of that trip include

Rick Wakeman - Journey to the Center of the Earth

A 12" Limahl single from The NeverEnding Story

Lipps Inc - Mouth to Mouth

Those were the coolest of the haul. The rest were just some odds and ends that I liked, such as ABBA and Anne Murray. When she sings Tennessee Waltz.... man oh man.

I was dancing with my darling to the Tennessee Waltz
When an old friend I happened to see
I introduced her to my loved one
And while they were dancing
My friend stole my sweetheart from me

I remember the night and the Tennessee Waltz
Now I know just how much I have lost
Yes, I lost my little darling the night they were playing
The beautiful Tennessee Waltz

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
My GF and I just answered an Ad for 17 boxes of records- Free. Ended up being at an auction house an hour away (needing two cars mind you), so we almost didn't go figuring that it would have been picked.

Turned out pretty well as the likely reason it didn't sell was because it was that it was just too big of a lot (roughly 1100 records mind you). It was chock full of blues, jazz, soul and funk. Some of it sealed. Also lots of gospel and 60's pop.

We had to throw out about 3/4 of it (including 3 Coltrane records) as they were damaged beyond usability. But the stuff that we didn't have to throw out is rather valuable. Probably $600 worth of records in a all.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
My GF and I just answered an Ad for 17 boxes of records- Free. Ended up being at an auction house an hour away (needing two cars mind you), so we almost didn't go figuring that it would have been picked.

Turned out pretty well as the likely reason it didn't sell was because it was that it was just too big of a lot (roughly 1100 records mind you). It was chock full of blues, jazz, soul and funk. Some of it sealed. Also lots of gospel and 60's pop.

We had to throw out about 3/4 of it (including 3 Coltrane records) as they were damaged beyond usability. But the stuff that we didn't have to throw out is rather valuable. Probably $600 worth of records in a all.

flipper090720_250.jpg

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Some of my recent scores:
Trick 'r Treat soundtrack on 2x translucent orange vinyl

Some Iron Maiden goodness:

Signed copy of Calabrese's Dayglo Necros:

Robocop soundtrack reissue on 2x silver vinyl:

My newly signed 1st pressing Earth A.D. And RSD Devil's Rain LPs:

Jerry Only signing my Earth A.D. and Devil's Rain LPs:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

Fuckin' A... Nice!

Is that a lenticular on the Devil's Rain cover?

The best I have is a signed boxed set booklet and my signed copy of Collection II on CD.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
We do the top X games in the Neo related threads, how about some of your most treasured vinyl? For me #1 would be the Ramones "Rocket to Russia" I got for Christmas as a kid with my first stereo, it's in damn good shape considering it was played by a very young version of me. I've got original issues of almost all the Ramones albums. #2 would be Buddy Holly and the Crickets ST LP my dad had growing up, great condition overall. #3 would have to be "The Best of Sam Cooke" I got at a charity record show that used to happen yearly in Chicago, it was the beginning of me really getting into 50s/60s soul and I still love playing it on a regular basis.

These aren't necessarily the albums I play the most, are worth the most or I think are the best in my collection, but they're the most important to me. What are some of your picks?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
We do the top X games in the Neo related threads, how about some of your most treasured vinyl? For me #1 would be the Ramones "Rocket to Russia" I got for Christmas as a kid with my first stereo, it's in damn good shape considering it was played by a very young version of me. I've got original issues of almost all the Ramones albums. #2 would be Buddy Holly and the Crickets ST LP my dad had growing up, great condition overall. #3 would have to be "The Best of Sam Cooke" I got at a charity record show that used to happen yearly in Chicago, it was the beginning of me really getting into 50s/60s soul and I still love playing it on a regular basis.

These aren't necessarily the albums I play the most, are worth the most or I think are the best in my collection, but they're the most important to me. What are some of your picks?

So you mean of the albums we own on vinyl, our favorites? There are so many albums, mainly rap, that I wish had quality vinyl. So a lot of my favorite albums would be removed from a favorite vinyl list.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
So you mean of the albums we own on vinyl, our favorites? There are so many albums, mainly rap, that I wish had quality vinyl. So a lot of my favorite albums would be removed from a favorite vinyl list.

I'm not sure favorite is the right word, I think "treasured" like I said is more accurate. If I was to list my top 3 favorite albums it would be different than what I posted (Rocket to Russia would still be on there), this was more of an emotional "if my place was on fire and I could only grab three records, which would I grab" type of thing. In other words, you have some connection to that specific copy of the record.

Last edited:

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor

Gism - detestation
Gism -m.a.n.
Gauze - equalizing distort
Crossed out 5' split
Discordance axis - inalienable dreamless

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Out of the albums I currently own, my favorites (after my signed Earth A.D.) would have to be these. All original pressings.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Some of my recent scores:
Trick 'r Treat soundtrack on 2x translucent orange vinyl

Some Iron Maiden goodness:

Signed copy of Calabrese's Dayglo Necros:

Robocop soundtrack reissue on 2x silver vinyl:

Jerry Only signing my Earth A.D. and Devil's Rain LPs:

Awesome Vinyls. That Robocop looks dope.