Record collecting

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Data disc has confirmed via email they are doing SOR2.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Did you guys get the priority shipping? I did and mine hasn't showed up yet.

Nah just normal shipping for me. Customs can be weird... I wouldn't worry until over 2 weeks has passed.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Next records from Data Discs are Shinobi III and Super Hang-On (arcade version it seems, 45 rpm) after that Out Run (arcade) and SoR2.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
So does the glue trick really remove dust that is stuck in the cracks?

I just picked up a nice special UK pressing (Porky/Pecko Duck, for mary) of Houses of the Holy.

Lots of pops on this one. Would like to get them gone.

Ivory soap. *tiny, tiny ammount*
You can always add more if needed; you can never add less.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I have a nice collection that goes with these babies..... large 1986-1992 vinyl collection with; House, Detroit techno, Acid House and some early hardcore/rave/present day techno.

Attachments

• 1n2s.jpg
    1n2s.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 122

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I can't remember off the top of my head, I'll have to have a look later. There is a compressor also above it in the same carry case. These decks have been used many time at events and have had top name DJs on them. I will never part with them or my collection of vinyl.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I have a nice collection that goes with these babies..... large 1986-1992 vinyl collection with; House, Detroit techno, Acid House and some early hardcore/rave/present day techno.

Cool stuff Raz... any Kenny Dixon Jr. in the house? Still looking for silentintroduction myself. Mixer = Allen & Heath???

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I think if I remember right my mixer is made by BST, not the best brand but it was one of the only mixers at the time which offered EQ control on each channel. The compressor is by Alesis.

Moodymann came around just after I stopped buying vinyl if I remember right. That would be 1994/5. I know I got a lot of Detroit techno on the transmat and kms labels. The early stuff.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
the show was one of the best Batman interpretations IMHO... can't say I remember the OST...

It's on jewtube if you want to look it up.

Anyway recent pickups with obvious choices
VP04qtj.jpg

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Moodymann came around just after I stopped buying vinyl if I remember right. That would be 1994/5. I know I got a lot of Detroit techno on the transmat and kms labels. The early stuff.

You're all into classic, Raz ;). I dig the second wave of Motor City producers, give me Craig all time & day. Fortunately UR was before '94, so we could have some crates in common after all. Hopefully some Relief/Cajual, too. Green Velvet is ace.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
You're all into classic, Raz ;). I dig the second wave of Motor City producers, give me Craig all time & day. Fortunately UR was before '94, so we could have some crates in common after all. Hopefully some Relief/Cajual, too. Green Velvet is ace.

Yup, I defo got some Underground Resistance vinyl in my crates :)

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Here's some good newish dub techno:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Me neither, I have a Formula Sound PM-90 and thought of getting a Rane for some comparison.

p.S: Awesome video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZTZthjEhZM&ab_channel=bremenstreet

:D

What an awesome video, yes its a piss take, but for real, anyone who really understands real house music knows its the truth. The best thing of all they used tracks from my no one rated DJ, Mr Kerri Chandler. Brilliant stuff. BTW, anyone who doesn't know Kerri is and wants a real house music experience check out below.

The chick with big hair and red stripe from around 12:00 is on it.

Last edited:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
What an awesome video, yes its a piss take, but for real, anyone who really understands real house music knows its the truth. The best thing of all they used tracks from my no one rated DJ, Mr Kerri Chandler. Brilliant stuff.

Aye, I would really love a rotary mixer.

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
the feeling when u get on a rotary...

(also features a couple Kerri Chandler produced classsics)

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Seeing that great Urei 1620 video made me want to attempt my own...

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
nice vid Razoola! great mix and awesome set up you got there.
how do you like having both tables on the left side of the mixer? i was always tempted to try re-arranging my tables like that, but never got around to it..

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
nice vid Razoola! great mix and awesome set up you got there.
how do you like having both tables on the left side of the mixer? i was always tempted to try re-arranging my tables like that, but never got around to it..

I would not have it any other way. It all depends on the type of mixing you do. Got to have the mixer in the middle if your scratching and chopping. If long flowing mixing is your thing then you should give it a go as you can approach mixing in a different way. For example, using the pitch control to correct drift instead of touching the platter or vinyl once the mix has started.

Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
My Dubmood got here unscathed. It was well-packed with a cardboard support. Shame there's no innersleeve and adding one makes the floppy look silly.

Nice finds Shroom. I have Atom Heart Mother but just the sleeve, it had some random garbage in it instead. Always check the records folks.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
My Dubmood got here unscathed. It was well-packed with a cardboard support. Shame there's no innersleeve and adding one makes the floppy look silly.

Nice finds Shroom. I have Atom Heart Mother but just the sleeve, it had some random garbage in it instead. Always check the records folks.