Record collecting

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
That "The Cure - Standing on a Beach" record has the inner sleeve from some Wang Chung album for some reason. :lolz:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I finally got my Dubmood record today, what a waste that "priority" shipping was.

In other news some dude booted 3 copies of the Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label sound track to wax and I need one bad.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Got my Dubmood last week as well. One of the corners has been damaged in transit :S

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
the disc blew out two sides of the insert on mine

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Yeah, not sure I'll order anything from them ever again. Fucking frogots can't pack for shit :keke:

I've been quite unlucky with my record purchases lately. Ordered Immortal Technique 3rd world, got some random Johnny Cash album instead :lolz:

I also preordered the KMD Black Bastards Deluxe on Amazon (the 2LPs version with the picture disc). They were supposed to ship it to me last week but it looks like that ship has sailed. They took too many preorders (it's out of stock now). I guess I'm stuck with the MP3s. Great old school hip hop album (MF Doom!) with the most racist cover I have ever seen (no wonder it didn't hit the shelves back in 1993).

boRGKuF.jpg

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I got mine a day or 2 ago. Pretty standard packaging as far as sending records over the pond unfortunately. I order a lot of records from Europe... that shit gets expensive fast as hell if you package them like we do in the states. Sometimes the sellers don't even put in a cardboard support. My record was OK, sleeve got dinged a little bit though. Good quality pressing at least.

I use to buy a ton of records from Europe on discogs, and ebay. Especially Music on Vinyl stuff. It gets expensive fast. Mainly because of the shipping. I did find out though, that if you live in a major city with lots of record stores, that they can get them, and usually for retail price. Now if you are buying obscure video game soundtracks, there's no other options that I know if, but if you are like me, getting some re-releases of rock, grunge, etc... from the 60's-present, check you local music shop. A lot of times they can get it directly from their distributor.

I'm not really a game soundtrack person, but I saw someone posted Outrun Arcade. Where would I find this. Sounds pretty awesome!

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I use to buy a ton of records from Europe on discogs, and ebay. Especially Music on Vinyl stuff. It gets expensive fast. Mainly because of the shipping. I did find out though, that if you live in a major city with lots of record stores, that they can get them, and usually for retail price. Now if you are buying obscure video game soundtracks, there's no other options that I know if, but if you are like me, getting some re-releases of rock, grunge, etc... from the 60's-present, check you local music shop. A lot of times they can get it directly from their distributor.

I'm not really a game soundtrack person, but I saw someone posted Outrun Arcade. Where would I find this. Sounds pretty awesome!

I have at least one shop locally that gets some import stuff, but usually the stuff I'm after is out of print. I build up a big want-list on discogs so I can at least get several records from each seller. Shipping is still killer but it eases it a lot if you can snag multiple records in each order.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I really would like to get some Agalloch on vinyl... anyone have it to show off?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
this is probably a dumb question, but for anyone who purchased the SOR soundtrack, have you guys given it a spin yet? it sounds fucking amazing... i guess ive just never listened to these tracks on anything other than an old CRT and genesis. it blows me away how complex and intricate the songs are when heard in hifi. love it!

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
this is probably a dumb question, but for anyone who purchased the SOR soundtrack, have you guys given it a spin yet? it sounds fucking amazing... i guess ive just never listened to these tracks on anything other than an old CRT and genesis. it blows me away how complex and intricate the songs are when heard in hifi. love it!

No. Video game vinyl are the new homecarts.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah SOR sounds great so does Shenmue. Really looking forward to the future releases.

Recent gets:

DJ Shadow- Pre-Emptive Strike
Daft Punk- Discovery
FaltyDL- You Stand Uncertain
Pulp Fiction- OST

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Anybody has "Underworld - A Hundred Days Off" lying around and wants to sell? The prices on discocks are dumb.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Got Shinobi III from Data Discs of London today. The artwork is amazing, plus you get a free poster too. I really like how they put effort in making those records and I'm really keen with what they'll come up next (after Super Hang-On, Out Run and Streets of Rage 2 that is).

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Anybody has "Underworld - A Hundred Days Off" lying around and wants to sell? The prices on discocks are dumb.

I don't, but very good taste with that. Best of luck trying to find it. The only underworld record I have is dubnobasswithmyheadman 20th anniversary reissue.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I don't, but very good taste with that. Best of luck trying to find it. The only underworld record I have is dubnobasswithmyheadman 20th anniversary reissue.

Yeah I went with the CD release for now...lol 58 cents on amazon. Finding the vinyl isn't the problem but the prices are too high IMO...not as high as Kraftwerk 1 and 2 though :keke:

Edit: found one for 35€...fuck it, bought.

Last edited: