Record collecting

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Okay, I love that soundtrack, but it's not worth $75. :lolz:

Be happy you live on the right side of the border son. If the exchange rate continues like that, I'm gonna need 750 freaking canadian dollars to buy this thing whenever it comes out :keke:

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
New vinyl purchases Do or die picture this. Also every rap fan sould have AZ do or die in their collection.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Nice, Ship to Shore put out high quality releases so you know it won't be some chintzy BS.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I have a horror story.

Flood damage got to my vinyl collection. About $2800 worth of collector vinyl, mostly black metal with some Soundtrack. (Thankfully my gaming collection was safe)

264j3n5.jpg

Now, it is all covered by insurance but I would like to salvage them if I can. Obviously the sleeves are fucked, but the vinyl should be fine if I give them a wash. Anyone have any similar experiences or know of any methods to recover vinyl that have experienced water damage (and sleeves too if possible)?

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I have a horror story.

Flood damage got to my vinyl collection. About $2800 worth of collector vinyl, mostly black metal with some Soundtrack. (Thankfully my gaming collection was safe)

Now, it is all covered by insurance but I would like to salvage them if I can. Obviously the sleeves are fucked, but the vinyl should be fine if I give them a wash. Anyone have any similar experiences or know of any methods to recover vinyl that have experienced water damage (and sleeves too if possible)?

Horror story indeed. Oh man, that sucks. I hope you find a way to clean the vinyls properly. I'd recommend you do it fast so the crap don't get stuck inside the grooves forever.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Picked up some good shit on the cheap this week end.

Mourning in America, probably my favorite album of 2012. I wasn't expecting that big ass 'murica poster. Nice surprise. The lyrics of the songs are on the other side of it.
oQTbsDI.jpg

Run The Jewels 2. Best of 2014 imo. Came with a small poster and some random stickers. El-P's productions are off the chain.
ImTAs29.jpg

Twigs. Really weird stuff. Bought it after listening to a few tracks. Kinda sounds like average R&B popstar meets Bjork's genius. Some great fuck songs in there. I LOL'd at the creepy posters though :keke:
mjtbGZ9.jpg

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Brother Ali comes into my work all the time

edit: I'm honestly surprised anybody knows of him outside MN

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Tell him that some frogot living in an igloo thinks that his album is a Hip Hop masterpiece :buttrock:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I'll do one better and get him to personalize something for ya

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Im going through a few thousand tomorrow or friday. I use to spin out all the time, rave stuff on vinyl. When I was in school twenty years ago a friend of my brother inlaws dropped of 7 big boxes and they have sat untouched in the boxes all this time. I saw some mostly 70s and 80s rock when I peeked a few weeks ago. Completely forgot about them I was so into electronic new vinyl in the 90s that I didnt care about them. My dad somehow thinks he is gonna find a million dollar record or something and wants me to wait so he can grab what I actually want, old classic rock and metal. The other stuff I will sample im sure.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I have a horror story.

View attachment 28063

Holy ass shit! sorry about that dude.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Cheers guys, yeah, it's a nightmare. I've been away with work for the past week but am traveling back now to face it all, our backyard was over a meter high in rainwater and so much of it got into our back shed. Books, DVD's, music - gone... :(

Only days before I consolidated all my games into new boxes and stacked them up high... Fuck.