Post Your Recent Purchases!

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
i have pick this items up today :
2vlqvlk.jpg

wow, very nice pickup there!!!

MaxAsh

n00b
Hey everyone! Snagged my first Neo Geo (MVS-2-25) for $100. It's in need of some restoration... it was painted black, but I've already stripped one side and it looks pretty darn good considering. I'll post some pics when my permissions pop up. As for the game itself, monitor was dead (broken neck), getting a new one this weekend. PCB has some issues (stuck on test screens), but I found a cheap replacement 2-slot board I'm using for now. It came with 7 games: Metal Slug, Art of Fighting, King of Fighters '96, Fatal Fury2, World Heroes, World Heroes 2, Blazing Star. All the games were filthy, some you couldn't even seen the edge connector pins on due to all the grime, oxidation, etc.

After a ton of cleaning, I've got Metal Slug and World Heroes 1 & 2 all up and running great. Art of Fighting is running, but without sound. I think that may because one of the edge connector pins has been partially scraped off. King of Fighters and Fatal Fury 2 appear to be really far gone. One is completely rusted in spots on the inside, and multiple pins are completely destroyed on the edge. King of Fighters looks ok aside from a lot of edge connector pins being scratched off and not connecting. Blazing Star I'm taking my time on and keeping my fingers crossed.

Great forum everyone, looking forward to checking it out more and more as I enjoy this cab.

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
Hey everyone! Snagged my first Neo Geo (MVS-2-25) for $100. It's in need of some restoration... it was painted black, but I've already stripped one side and it looks pretty darn good considering. I'll post some pics when my permissions pop up. As for the game itself, monitor was dead (broken neck), getting a new one this weekend. PCB has some issues (stuck on test screens), but I found a cheap replacement 2-slot board I'm using for now. It came with 7 games: Metal Slug, Art of Fighting, King of Fighters '96, Fatal Fury2, World Heroes, World Heroes 2, Blazing Star. All the games were filthy, some you couldn't even seen the edge connector pins on due to all the grime, oxidation, etc.

After a ton of cleaning, I've got Metal Slug and World Heroes 1 & 2 all up and running great. Art of Fighting is running, but without sound. I think that may because one of the edge connector pins has been partially scraped off. King of Fighters and Fatal Fury 2 appear to be really far gone. One is completely rusted in spots on the inside, and multiple pins are completely destroyed on the edge. King of Fighters looks ok aside from a lot of edge connector pins being scratched off and not connecting. Blazing Star I'm taking my time on and keeping my fingers crossed.

Great forum everyone, looking forward to checking it out more and more as I enjoy this cab.

I'll keep that Blazing Star in my prayers. Welcome aboard, friend!

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
If the Blazing Star boards are unrepairable, you can still get someone to desolder all the Mask ROMs and move them to a pair of better condition boards.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
max ash, best of luck repairing the blazing star cart since its such an amazing game! welcome aboard!!

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Got some random Ebay stuff and my carts from WYO (uber packaging btw). Pretty excited to veg out tonight and play some new stuff. I got layer section last week and have been addicted to hell to it. Anyone know what the record function does in options?

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
It was like Christmas for me today! I received 3 awesome packages, 2 of them from fellow forum members. Special thanks to RAZO and JasonToddLives! I bought 2 boxed systems from RAZO and the condition just blew me away. The Mega Drive is somehow even nicer than the one I bought way back in 1991! The Sega CD is also in mint condition. Jason sent me a similarly minty kit of Baseball Stars Professional out of the blue! You guys made my day! Last but not least I got a complete Sengoku 2 from an eBay seller. It was a rental game - definitely not something you see every day.

DSC01761 (Small).JPGDSC01762 (Small).JPGDSC01763 (Small).JPGDSC01765 (Small).JPGDSC01767 (Small).JPGDSC01768 (Small).JPGDSC01769 (Small).JPGDSC01760 (Small).JPGDSC01758 (Small).JPG

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I love the boxed Mega Drive! I have one but with what I think is the Asian market packaging and not the Japanese packaging like yours.
That boxed Sega CD is also a seriously cool score.

It was like Christmas for me today! I received 3 awesome packages, 2 of them from fellow forum members. Special thanks to RAZO and JasonToddLives! I bought 2 boxed systems from RAZO and the condition just blew me away. The Mega Drive is somehow even nicer than the one I bought way back in 1991! The Sega CD is also in mint condition. Jason sent me a similarly minty kit of Baseball Stars Professional out of the blue! You guys made my day! Last but not least I got a complete Sengoku 2 from an eBay seller. It was a rental game - definitely not something you see every day.

View attachment 19786View attachment 19787View attachment 19788View attachment 19789View attachment 19790View attachment 19791View attachment 19792View attachment 19793View attachment 19794

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I love the boxed Mega Drive! I have one but with what I think is the Asian market packaging and not the Japanese packaging like yours.
That boxed Sega CD is also a seriously cool score.

Thanks! It was an impulse buy that I don't regret :D

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Keep telling myself I'm done with MVS, and people keep making good ass deals. Thanks to Wyo for these.

Cum stained cart is double dragon

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
:lolz::lolz::lolz:

It's actually paint. I've already taken a plastic brush with a dremel and got the brunt of it off.